Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

this is a good alternative. i might have to buy this for my 2is
Old 09-07-18, 11:24 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Pqbrown

The urethane bushings aren’t the best for ride quality.
I have Figs 90 bushings and the ride quality has not been affected at all. Sharper steering and better front tire wear (with proper alignment)

Zero downside!!
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (09-08-18)
Old 09-08-18, 12:57 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi

I have Figs 90 bushings and the ride quality has not been affected at all. Sharper steering and better front tire wear (with proper alignment)

Zero downside!!
Completely agreed - I have both front LCA bushings in polyurethane and zero increase in NVH I can notice.
Old 09-11-18, 07:52 AM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi

Zero downside!!
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Completely agreed - I have both front LCA bushings in polyurethane and zero increase in NVH I can notice.
Same over here
Old 09-11-18, 03:55 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Those of you repoeting zero increases in NVH with poly bushings - i'm not buying it. You are also comparing new poly bushings against your old worn/cracked bushings, which is not a good conparison to begin with.
Old 09-11-18, 08:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

No, not "old, worn, cracked" at all. Used yes, but definitely nothing wrong with them when they were removed.

But you don't have to buy anything. I am sure your experience tells you we are all imagining this.

I would suggest you put a camera on the bushing the way Mike at Figs did and see how much the new bushing deflects under braking. It was pretty enlightening and pretty damning for toe control on the IS F.
Old 09-11-18, 09:38 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
Those of you repoeting zero increases in NVH with poly bushings - i'm not buying it. You are also comparing new poly bushings against your old worn/cracked bushings, which is not a good conparison to begin with.
Before you make unsubstantiated remarks with absolutely no evidence to back it up, I'd suggest a search of the forums for folks using either the Figgs or the RRRacing Bushings. There are other threads concerning this subject. You might learn something. As far as my RRRacing "A" Arm USRS bushings, I have reported a slight increase in NVH. Certainly not much, but the decrease in nose dive and the increasing in handling and control more than made up for the slight NVH increase. They have been installed for 3 years now.

As far as my old bushings were concerned. I sold them to an IS350 owner who was happy to get them.

Lou
Old 09-12-18, 03:59 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Pqbrown

The urethane bushings aren’t the best for ride quality.
Originally Posted by threefiveo
They swap right in, I ordered the RCF bushings and installed. They are a slightly harder compound and do make a difference without needing to worry about the squeaks that can develop with the poly. Though I'm sure the poly make a larger difference in handling.

I would make a lower durometer version of our USRS bushings, if I felt that the NVH was the slightest issue. I find it odd that someone driving an ISF or RCF would be bothered by having a much more stable car and more communicative steering. I guess Lexus engineers know who they are catering to when they engineer the life out of their otherwise great cars.

But seriously, to say that NVH is an issue with our bushings, you’d have to have a butt with the sensitivity of a seismograph!

As far as LCA bushings go, don’t forget, the USRS is the only bushing that eliminates AXIAL movement of the LCA, due to our thrust loaded design.

Rafi
Old 09-12-18, 10:30 PM
threefiveo
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by RRRacing

I would make a lower durometer version of our USRS bushings, if I felt that the NVH was the slightest issue. I find it odd that someone driving an ISF or RCF would be bothered by having a much more stable car and more communicative steering. I guess Lexus engineers know who they are catering to when they engineer the life out of their otherwise great cars.

But seriously, to say that NVH is an issue with our bushings, you’d have to have a butt with the sensitivity of a seismograph!

As far as LCA bushings go, don’t forget, the USRS is the only bushing that eliminates AXIAL movement of the LCA, due to our thrust loaded design.

Rafi
I'm not bothered by it at all actually, this is why I put the GSF/RCF bushings in my ISF :-) If you read what I wrote above, I stated that if my car was out of warranty, I probably would have gone with the poly.

Last edited by threefiveo; 09-12-18 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-13-18, 06:18 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NVH is not an issue, however it's an issue for some people depends on the road condition in their area. I had the USRS and it improved the steering, braking and confidence in cornering, but the local street condition around me is horrible with dips, road potholes and snow in winter therefore I switched back to oem bushings. I guess Lexus designed the rubber bushing for all road/weather condition.

Last edited by zen; 09-14-18 at 06:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BlackISFNY (11-23-18)
Old 09-13-18, 01:29 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by threefiveo
I'm not bothered by it at all actually, this is why I put the GSF/RCF bushings in my ISF :-) If you read what I wrote above, I stated that if my car was out of warranty, I probably would have gone with the poly.
I fail to see what warranty has to do with it

Lou
Old 09-14-18, 08:34 AM
threefiveo
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I fail to see what warranty has to do with it

Lou
Well, If something were to go awry with the front suspension for instance, I don't want Lexus to see aftermarket bushings and point to them as the cause or really anything to that regard. Basically its not worth the hassle to me. The small upgrade to the harder OEM parts, that are indistinguishable from the factory ISF parts is the way to go for me. (for now).
Old 09-16-18, 01:40 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Before you make unsubstantiated remarks with absolutely no evidence to back it up, I'd suggest a search of the forums for folks using either the Figgs or the RRRacing Bushings. There are other threads concerning this subject. You might learn something. As far as my RRRacing "A" Arm USRS bushings, I have reported a slight increase in NVH. Certainly not much, but the decrease in nose dive and the increasing in handling and control more than made up for the slight NVH increase. They have been installed for 3 years now.

As far as my old bushings were concerned. I sold them to an IS350 owner who was happy to get them.

Lou
My bushings were cracking at 50k miles, about 3/4 of the way around on one side and about half way on the other. There was a significant improvement (i.e. reduction) in nvh when i put in new oe isf bushings. Had i installed aftermatket poly bushings instead, i could see how i could have the impression that there is no increase in nvh, but as you admiited, saying there i ZERO increase in NVH between new oe rubber and poly is more along the lines of wishful thinking.

You'll note that i didnt say there is nothing to be gained in handling, suspension motion control, tire wear or anything else. I was strictly referring to increased NVH, which whether you agree or disagree, is a fact, given the durometer rubber used by lexus vs. the poly aftermarket offerings.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-16-18 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Rude Personal comments edit
Old 09-16-18, 07:29 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I read exactly what you said - BOTH Statements! Both were wrong

Maybe your bushings were cracked when you replaced them with OEM bushings, mine were not. So, I could tell the positive difference immediately. And, as I said, I sold my old bushings to an IS350 owner. To me, the slight increase in NVH, was really not worth mentioning, but I mentioned it for truth only. The Poly Bushings are one of the best mods I have done

Lou
Old 09-16-18, 08:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Folks keep the rude personal commentary out of this thread (edited) or do not post.

Quick Reply: GSF/RCF LCA bushings in ISF