IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

White IS F Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-18, 09:33 PM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default White IS F Seats

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of purchasing an ISF with white leather seats. I don't mind the color, I think it will brighten up the interior a bit. I would like to know how does the white leather hold up with dirt and normal wear and tear. Any answers would be appreciated!
Old 03-22-18, 05:46 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

My '06 IS350 had the light grey leather (not much darker than white).. My friend drives it now, and the seats still look pretty good & appear to be holding up well after 12 years/200K miles. However, they don't have any perforations in the leather like those pictured above. That might make a difference in durability.

-Mike
Old 03-22-18, 07:38 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Like DIRT....dont do it.
Old 03-22-18, 07:42 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Largely depends on how you take care of them...if you wear swear pants and clean them every month they would prob stay nice, under normal use id imagine they would get ratty, I love the white seats but thats why i went with black interior
Old 03-22-18, 08:48 AM
5LITERV8YO
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get it. The white seats give the car more flare. I have them on my 09 USB ISF. They're easy to clean and hold up well.
Old 03-22-18, 09:05 AM
400to300H
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My 2013 Lexus ES300h had a "parchment" interior, couldn't trade it in for a black interior fast enough. I will never own a white interior again, seats stain and look really bad very quickly. Its not just the dyes from your pants but anything that you get on them will discolor the material quick and easy.
Old 03-22-18, 09:28 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

im sure they show stain way faster and will require some extra care if you want it to last looking as nice a possble
Old 03-22-18, 09:53 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

My daughter has an 09 is250 ultra premium package which includes perforated heated and cooled seats. When we bought the car in 2012 the white seats looked really nice offsetting the light blue exterior. Five years later I have to admit the white is not nearly as nice as it once was. My daughter uses seat covers in the winter and she keeps reasonably good care of her car but still white is just so much more prone to showing dirt.

At any rate I don't think we regret getting the white and if you like it with the ISF you are looking at I also wouldn't rule it out as an option. Just be aware of its usage and aging characteristics.
Old 03-22-18, 11:39 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I had the white seats on my ISF. It was an 08 and they were still looking great until I sold it last year. I never wore jeans in the car.
Old 03-22-18, 05:22 PM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

Thanks a lot guys for all the tips! I'm a super **** person so keeping the seats clean wont be a problem. I never wear jeans mostly track pants and I will be only driving this F for pleasure driving if I decide to get it. As everyone on this forum knows, this car is discontinued and I cant be to picky on what comes up for sale as long as the car is in good condition. Thanks again for everyone's comments! Mike
Old 03-22-18, 08:50 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Good luck finding the right car, but if I'm being honest your asking a common sense question. It's a WHITE interior... which means it's all going to come down to how well you care for it and how often you clean it. White is obviously going to require more maintenance than a dark interior.
Old 03-25-18, 08:51 PM
djiawan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 08 few years ago. Came with white seats. Seats were almost grey they were so destroyed. I seriously thought I had to re upholster the whole car. But a good steam clean and leather cleaner with some elbow grease got them back to seriously white. A little bit of cracking but since I've cleaned them thoroughly there hasn't been any scuffs or jean marks or anything. Just little marks here and there that wipe off real easily. The leather cracking was the only thing that bugged me a little bit. I used white spray paint and thinner to pull up the color from within the seat and hide the cracks better. There's lots of videos on youtube for that. But yes it will be more work and maintenance but I love it. Not many mint white interiors around anymore, especially with people that actually drive their cars.
Old 03-26-18, 09:11 AM
Heather558
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JETMIKE007
Thanks a lot guys for all the tips! I'm a super **** person so keeping the seats clean wont be a problem. I never wear jeans mostly track pants and I will be only driving this F for pleasure driving if I decide to get it. As everyone on this forum knows, this car is discontinued and I cant be to picky on what comes up for sale as long as the car is in good condition. Thanks again for everyone's comments! Mike
So if a friend wants to ride with you or you need to pick someone up, are you going to tell them no jeans?

If you're a clean freak and this car isn't a daily driver then you're probably fine. White interior haunts me. When I was a teenager I had a mustang with white seats. I tried cleaning them one day and the seat color wore off. I was in tears and my dad had to have them redone lol. Later in life I owned two Audi TTs, one had black interior the other had gray. The gray interior was newer and looked worse. Then my M3 had gray interior too and it started looking like crap (the creases in the leather really showed). My ISF has black seats and I'm on year 6 with it - they look fine (not perfect, but still in good shape). I did buy a couple cobalt blue towels to sit on for hot days because I have felt pain sitting on those hot seats!
Old 03-26-18, 12:02 PM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I wish I could insert that RUN!!!! song from the prank clips into this comment, that's my opinion on white leather
Old 03-26-18, 12:58 PM
djiawan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only time I can actually recall having problems and hating these white seats was once a girl was within her time of the month, she leaked all over the passenger seat, took me forever to clean that...

Quick Reply: White IS F Seats