IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

over 4k rpm sounds amazing. any ways to get that under 4k rpm?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-18, 02:36 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
It was proven that the stock intake mod reduces performance. This is why most stopped doing it.
Hi, do you have any links / forums discussions about this as id like to have a read. I havent come across any posts about this mod being negative. Ill revert back if it is.

Its a quick and easy mod, and ive had this vacuum cap for about 1.5 years now, sounds great (well drowned out with my headers now) but havent noticed a drop in power.

Ive had my car tuned by the same tuner/dyno as a few other ISF's with almost identical mods (just different brand exhausts) and we all put out similar power so curious about the negatives of this mod, cheers.
Old 03-26-18, 09:52 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Hi, do you have any links / forums discussions about this as id like to have a read. I havent come across any posts about this mod being negative. Ill revert back if it is.

Its a quick and easy mod, and ive had this vacuum cap for about 1.5 years now, sounds great (well drowned out with my headers now) but havent noticed a drop in power.

Ive had my car tuned by the same tuner/dyno as a few other ISF's with almost identical mods (just different brand exhausts) and we all put out similar power so curious about the negatives of this mod, cheers.
There was a long thread on this years ago, just do a search and you cant miss it cause it was pages long. Even the guys at RR Racing said this negatively affected performance
Old 03-26-18, 11:58 AM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
There was a long thread on this years ago, just do a search and you cant miss it cause it was pages long. Even the guys at RR Racing said this negatively affected performance
its actually on the first page on the ISF section I'm assuming somebody gave it a bump
Old 03-26-18, 02:13 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
Cheers, managed to find a few threads about it with some mixed results. Saw RR's response and a dyno chart as well.

Well the positive is that it takes all of 5 seconds to revert back which ill try given my headers / exhaust drowns out any kind of intake noise anyway lol.
Old 03-26-18, 02:23 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Cheers, managed to find a few threads about it with some mixed results. Saw RR's response and a dyno chart as well.

Well the positive is that it takes all of 5 seconds to revert back which ill try given my headers / exhaust drowns out any kind of intake noise anyway lol.
Yeah that's the good part, its 10 sec to go back to normal lol. But you're right, once I went exhaust it gets drowned out some, I'm sure headers drowns it out even more
Old 03-26-18, 09:43 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Well took the vacuum cap off, reverted back to standard and drove for a good 1hr home, in traffic, hard acceleration from the lights, top end pulls on a motorway and as soon as got home i put the vacuum cap back on lol.
Sounded better with the mod and surprisingly felt like sharper throttle response with the vacuum cap on.
Didnt like how it drove for that 1hr in comparison, perhaps because my car was tuned with with the small mod, who knows.
Perhaps a dyno may suggest otherwisse but my backside dyno definitely likes it with the vacuum cap on
Old 03-27-18, 06:43 AM
breakeroh
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Well took the vacuum cap off, reverted back to standard and drove for a good 1hr home, in traffic, hard acceleration from the lights, top end pulls on a motorway and as soon as got home i put the vacuum cap back on lol.
Sounded better with the mod and surprisingly felt like sharper throttle response with the vacuum cap on.
Didnt like how it drove for that 1hr in comparison, perhaps because my car was tuned with with the small mod, who knows.
Perhaps a dyno may suggest otherwisse but my backside dyno definitely likes it with the vacuum cap on
nice. Thanks for reporting that. My butt dyno also likes it with the vacuum cap on!
i plan to test it eith cap on for a week, try reversing the mod and see what feels different. I'll probably put the cap back on after an hr lol
Old 11-08-20, 08:23 PM
SickAF
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Late to the party but... X Force exhaust with the mufflers deleted. Sounds amazing all the time. I would say it 90% sounds like the LC 500 but louder.