IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Finally got an ISF!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-18, 08:12 AM
jdziewior
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!!! We actually test drove that one. Almost pulled the trigger on the purchase, and then it was GONE! Nice to know it found a good home.
Old 03-26-18, 09:15 AM
Heather558
Driver

Wow! Great looking car. Love the color too.
I've had mine for over 6 years and still appreciate it.
Old 03-31-18, 09:28 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
Nice car enjoy it, I have had mine for 2 years and it still gives me a big grin every time I take it out.
Agreed! Every time I light mine it definitely makes me smile, even after 3+ years of ownership.

Originally Posted by Adziu
So some of you may remember me about asking questions regards to buying an ISF or an e92 m3. Well I'm glad to say that I finally have picked up my dream car after 10 years (since 08 was the first year and I was entering high school back then lol). 2008 starfire pearl F with some mods already done to her ppe headers without cats, joe z pts exhaust, rr racing titanium intake, rr racing oil catch can, rr tune, rr 2 piece rotors and usrs bushings. It has over 140k miles on it but runs amazing for the amount of miles over the years. What really sold me on it was that the previous 3 owners had serviced it at a local Lexus dealer near me. Interior and exterior i'd say would be 9/10 condition overall. I did still keep my 07 is250 awd as a daily to get around the winter and drive to work. Also to sum up the few days of ownership, the F had got a lot of attention from a lot of people staring at it haha. Had a few people pull up next to me and give me a thumbs up out of nowhere. Already had a few F30 335i drivers try to race while cruising but then again what happens in Mexico stays in Mexico lol. Really am happy to have this bad boy in my life and will take good care of it.
What did you have to give for the car?
Old 04-01-18, 12:45 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It pays to remain patient until you find the exact car you want. The used IS F market is very difficult to find just the right one to get, but once in awhile it'll pop up for those really searching. Glad you got yours. Enjoy it to the fullest!
Old 04-01-18, 12:56 AM
3ISOwner
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I’m thinking of trading in my 2015 Lexus IS250 for a 2008 ISF. What are your guys thoughts?

I live in Canada, so ISFs are even more rare since theres only about 560 sold total 08-14 MY combined. This means its near inpossible to find a 2011+
Old 04-01-18, 01:03 AM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

i did the exact same thing, gave my 3IS350 F-sport to my wife & picked up a low milage 08 SPF ISF and never looked back. sure the 3IS had the newer techs and fresh interior but every time i start up my V8 it puts a grin on my face. plus you get to join the club of a select few. just like Nike said, JUST DO IT
Old 04-01-18, 01:20 AM
3ISOwner
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by geero
i did the exact same thing, gave my 3IS350 F-sport to my wife & picked up a low milage 08 SPF ISF and never looked back. sure the 3IS had the newer techs and fresh interior but every time i start up my V8 it puts a grin on my face. plus you get to join the club of a select few. just like Nike said, JUST DO IT
Wow, you had a 350 too and still thought it was worth the switch.
Old 04-01-18, 01:40 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats, I always advise young guys looking to spend $25k or so on a high performance car to buy the ISF. They are rock solid reliable and pretty fast. They also are very good sounding cars. Much easier to maintain than my C63 for sure.
Old 04-01-18, 02:20 PM
2FNFUN
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

welcome to the f family. The car is miles of smiles!
Old 04-02-18, 06:48 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Welcome to the F Family. Car looks good!
Old 04-02-18, 02:19 PM
Adziu
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jdziewior
Congrats!!!! We actually test drove that one. Almost pulled the trigger on the purchase, and then it was GONE! Nice to know it found a good home.
Yeah she's with me now in good hands. 2 weeks of owning it I already had threw some 2011 headlights on her as well as tints, 3000k led yellow fog light bulbs, white led interior as well as led white reverse lights and a front plate relocator. Since you're local and if you have a FB join us at Chicagoland F Club. Good luck finding your ISF !
Old 04-02-18, 02:21 PM
Adziu
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes it may have a lot of miles on it but every time I look at it and start it up, she always brings a smile on my face after waiting and working my butt off for 10 years since it's release. Really happy to be a part of the F family.
Old 04-03-18, 08:24 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I never thought of Lexus as a fun brand and came from the Infiniti side and the 3rd gen IS's exterior made me go to the dealership to test drive one, damn thing was slower than my G37. Then I looked up the IS-F, although older design, one test drive later I HAD to have it. I could've gotten the '15 IS350 instead but looks aren't everything it really is about the driving feel that makes the car for me. No regrets.
Old 04-03-18, 08:51 AM
ISFMichael
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISOwner
I’m thinking of trading in my 2015 Lexus IS250 for a 2008 ISF. What are your guys thoughts?

I live in Canada, so ISFs are even more rare since theres only about 560 sold total 08-14 MY combined. This means its near inpossible to find a 2011+
I am also in BC (Vancouver area), it took me about 1.5 years of hard searching and patience to find my 2012. I didn't want to settle and wanted to get the one that I wanted. The morning I saw the ad for mine, I jumped on it and paid and picked it up later that day. Can't sleep on it if one comes up.

If I were you I would wait for a '11+ to come up. I know they don't come up often in our area, but just be patient.
Old 04-03-18, 09:12 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFMichael
I am also in BC (Vancouver area), it took me about 1.5 years of hard searching and patience to find my 2012. I didn't want to settle and wanted to get the one that I wanted. The morning I saw the ad for mine, I jumped on it and paid and picked it up later that day. Can't sleep on it if one comes up.

If I were you I would wait for a '11+ to come up. I know they don't come up often in our area, but just be patient.
I couldn't agree more, get the F you really want, don't just settle. I waited about a year for mine to pop up and bought it after about 4 hours on the market. Make sure you do a nationwide search too. I was even searching in Canada for mine and almost pulled the trigger on one, they are out there.

Quick Reply: Finally got an ISF!