IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Best price on OEM pads & rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-18, 12:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by Heather558
Here's what I'm looking at/comparing when I say the ones on ebay look similar to what Autozone sells... They could be legit.
As stated in the thread I linked above, Brembo doesn't make pads. I just went out to the garage (I have my original pads in a box) and they are marked "Jurid".

I have never heard Lawrence1's deforestation exploitation difference of OEM. IMO, OEM is just what it says.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 03-06-18 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-06-18, 12:35 PM
Heather558
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
As stated in the thread I linked above, Brembo doesn't make pads. I just went out to the garage (I have my original pads in a box) and they are married "Jurid".

Lou
Yes, thanks for clarifying. I read on another post that brembo only makes the caliper and the pads/rotors are made elsewhere. I'm new to all this so I'm trying to learn what is what. And it's confusing sometimes when listings say brembo pads/rotors....

I'm just looking for quality and whatever is closest to OE or OEM. I saw on other posts some coupon codes and sites for deals so I was just seeing if any current deals are going on now. Thanks again.
Old 03-19-18, 08:13 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Ordered the OEM Brembo's from parts container on eBay last week. Price was $380 and with a 20% off site wide coupon it was $304 shipped. Boxes and rotors look exactly like on the photos on here elsewhere and they looked quality. Just for kicks I asked the dealer and they quoted $1100 just for rotors. Not bad saving $800 with a few clicks..
Old 03-26-18, 06:59 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Ordered the OEM Brembo's from parts container on eBay last week. Price was $380 and with a 20% off site wide coupon it was $304 shipped. Boxes and rotors look exactly like on the photos on here elsewhere and they looked quality. Just for kicks I asked the dealer and they quoted $1100 just for rotors. Not bad saving $800 with a few clicks..
Nice work scoring that deal!! I'm an avid ebayer but I missed out on that coupon!!! My dad just installed my rotors and pads yesterday and the rotors are from ebay/Parts container too. Everything went well!

I did cheap out and buy pads from Autozone (Duralast Gold). I'm not doing autocross so I figure my 3 mile commute with top speeds of about 40 MPH will be just fine giving the cheap pads a try...

Check out how worn my old rotors were. They were the original ones with about 70k.

Here are the new ones installed.
Old 03-26-18, 07:08 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by lawrence1
Lately, there are a TON of counterfeit Toyota parts on ebay so i would stop buying OE car parts from there unless the seller is reputable (i.e. actual Toyota or Lexus dealer). You can get burned even by sellers with good feedback, since many people don't realize they got screwed until months down the road.

Those prices are too low for OE parts. Make sure they are sold by a Lexus dealer or there is a good chance they're counterfeit. The pads sell for close to $500 with a discount from Lexus. You can get them for about $450 plus shipping from mylparts (Lexus dealer) with the CL5 discount code (10% off).

see link https://www.mylparts.com/auto-parts/...ine/brakes-cat

Also, textar and stoptech (see tirerack.com) make good brake pads, and may even be the supplier to Toyota so i wouldn't hesitate to go with either one. good luck.
The rotors from ebay seem legit. I checked brembo's site and the ones I received from ebay have the employees on the box, brembo hologram, and I scanned the QR code and it worked. There are also markings on the actual rotors. So I have no reason to believe I have a counterfeit part just because the price is low. Others are buying and installing these too without reason for concern. But should something happen, I'll be sure to update you guys...
https://www.bremboparts.com/america/...ginal-products

Old 03-26-18, 08:13 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Yep, I went with auto zone duralast gold myself. They have a bit less initial bite, but way less dust and no noise and $100 shipped. Will see how they do at autox, but not expecting anything fantastic.
Old 03-26-18, 09:00 AM
Heather558
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Yep, I went with auto zone duralast gold myself. They have a bit less initial bite, but way less dust and no noise and $100 shipped. Will see how they do at autox, but not expecting anything fantastic.
Hey! Thanks for the input. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one running Duralast pads. It was seriously a struggle for me not to buy the pads from the dealer (because I like to stick with what I know works). I got low on time and needed something quick so for $100 I thought I'd give them a shot. They definitely don't feel the same as original pads but maybe with the new rotors there is some breaking in (?) I'm not really sure. I'm just glad the new stuff is on because my old breaks were screaming!!!