RR-Racing Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-18, 10:18 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts
Default RR-Racing Engine Mounts

Hi guys.

RR-Racing is releasing engine mounts. I just had mine installed...what a nice bang-for-your-buck mod like the USRS!
First, one of my engine mount bushings was shot (75k miles, 2008).
Impression: when electronics are off (as well as AC), the car idles at ~500 rpm and lacks rumble or throttle response from idle.
With sport mode off and the car warmed up, the throttle response has dramatically improved from idle. The car also has an audible idle grunt. Some vibration has transferred itself into the cabin during a 500 rpm idle as well. I personally enjoy it as it adds to a mroe visceral experience of the car (it is by no means a big increased in NVH, but it's noticeable at 500 rpm). With the AC or headlights on, the increase in NVH is subtle (at about 800 rpm idle).

I haven't had much seat time and it's been wet in Philadelphia, but overall throttle response has improved and the front end seems "tighter" under load while gaining speed. From the few WOT runs I've done, I'd use the words "smoother" or "more planted" to describe the change.

I think if you like the USRS, you'll like these
The following 4 users liked this post by JDMV8:
bbong (02-23-18), BS ISF (02-22-18), JPxMODz (02-27-18), mikersoft (02-23-18)
Old 02-22-18, 12:42 PM
gravesg
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

i think i know the answer, but how easy is it to tell if the bushings on the engine mounts are toast ???
Old 02-22-18, 12:46 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

How much are these and how hard are they to install? Do you need an engine lift or a transmission jack?
Old 02-22-18, 01:28 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Hi all, we will announce more info and formal pricing soon and include video.

We have done many header installs in our shop, and I would say that 80% of cars have bushings that are obviously loose or completely degraded. If considering just 08-09’s, I would say that number is closer to 100%.

We have been testing these mounts on our supercharged cars, so I am confident that no other mount is more effective, more durable, or a better value.

Rafi

Old 02-22-18, 01:55 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

to install these typically you need to drop the subframe. If you foresee yourself installing headers or a starter anytime soon then this would be the ideal time to install them or else its just a maintenance item that will be a "fun" install if you're just itching for a mod.
Old 02-22-18, 01:58 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Nice one RR . How would engine mounts improve throttle response, it will improve the feeling of the tightness of the car if your original mounts were rooted, eg stop the motor flopping around
Old 02-22-18, 02:28 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by liquidtek
to install these typically you need to drop the subframe. If you foresee yourself installing headers or a starter anytime soon then this would be the ideal time to install them or else its just a maintenance item that will be a "fun" install if you're just itching for a mod.
Dropping suframe is actually relatively easy. I expect most garages with lift can get the install done in 1.5hr or less. If doing headers, then yeah, install is free.

Originally Posted by isfvss
Nice one RR . How would engine mounts improve throttle response, it will improve the feeling of the tightness of the car if your original mounts were rooted, eg stop the motor flopping around
It completely stops engine movement. When transitioning on/off throttle, especially when feathering the throttle in corner exit or at track, throttle control feels more “connected” and predicatable.

Rafi
Old 02-22-18, 05:46 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I have been waiting for aftermarket motor mounts and finally...

Im sure with a transmission mount and upgrading diff bushings would help very much. Looking forward to getting the motor mounts. The feel of the car would be more planted.

Last edited by mahcah; 02-22-18 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-24-18, 03:53 PM
moleb
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be purchasing this on day 1 of release.

How will these be better than OEM or Figs?
Old 02-24-18, 04:42 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by moleb
I'll be purchasing this on day 1 of release.

How will these be better than OEM or Figs?
We are very confidant that no other mount has been tested on more powerful ISF/RCF. Also our mount is fully serviceable, not that it will be necessary, but regardless we offer a lifetime replacement warranty on the bushing.

RR Racing Ultimate Engine Mounts ISF/RCF/GSF
Old 02-24-18, 11:27 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

You thinking of getting. Hmm group buy lol.

Shame didnt know about these earlier, would of got them installed when i got the headers done.
Old 02-25-18, 04:55 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Well, all you have to do to see what’s going on with stock mounts is open the hood and rev the engine. You will see how much it moves. When you are actually driving and transitioning from acceleration to engine braking it moves even more.

So anytime your inputs as a driver are being dampened like that, the slop takes away from the precise feel of the chassis, in a similar way that a soft & wobbly suspension would.

Of course, while it would be nice to eliminate all engine movement, it’s not practical because that would lead to excessive vibration. Our mounts reduce engine movement by 60-70% (compared to new OE mounts) without excess vibration. The only time you might feel any minor vibration is a idle in drive, but it’s very minor.

We are working on other parts for the ISF that have a similar goal, coming out in April.

Rafi

Old 02-25-18, 06:32 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

I saw these on your IG page and thought they were only for the RCF, so these mounts also fit on the ISF?
Old 02-25-18, 07:21 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Defratos
I saw these on your IG page and thought they were only for the RCF, so these mounts also fit on the ISF?
fits ISF, RCF, GSF, and any other v8 Lexus

Rafi
The following users liked this post:
Defratos (09-02-20)
Old 02-27-18, 09:52 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Just put out this quick video on our new mounts:

The following 6 users liked this post by RRRacing:
Gotfood93 (09-03-21), ISF5L (02-27-18), mikersoft (02-27-18), MileHIFcar (02-27-18), sc3dreamin (02-28-18), Toprawman (02-28-18) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: RR-Racing Engine Mounts