IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Figs or RR Racing LCA bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-18, 01:34 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^As I indicated above they do effect NVH, so yes you will feel more of the road. Of course no effect shock on damping. One other advantage no one has mentioned is much reduced brake dive. On my ISF, brake dive has all but been eliminated. IMHO, wheel integrity will not be comprised by stiffer bushings.

Lou

well im going to have to order a pair and try them out. Worst case scenario I don’t like the changes and I switch back to the normal stock ones.
Old 02-04-18, 01:52 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

I have Figs 90 bushings, I believe that is the only kind they currently produce, I believe the softer version went away after the first run. Anyway, inner tire wear was addressed, steering is sharper, zero impact on the ride quality. I had these for 30k miles. Highly recommend. Back when I got them, I even got some money back with core exchange.
Old 02-04-18, 02:20 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Better than all of this, braking near the limit is much improved and the wander the car had before is gone. I have noticed no difference at all in NVH and I replaced all four LCA bushings on the front of my car with Figs 90 durometer bushings.

The OEM suspension isn't even close to "track ready" because the front toes out dramatically under heavy braking. This makes the car feel like it is wandering (or the F/R brake bias is really bad) and reduces front traction while you are slowing from high speeds approaching a low speed corner. It also causes accelerated inside edge wear on the front tires. If you look at the video Figs posted here, it's really obvious the OEM bushing was intended to reduce NVH and nothing more. It couldn't be further from track ready.

All that said, if you trail brake heavily, you might like the bushing from the factory. It does help turn in even if it does compromise braking.
Old 02-04-18, 02:33 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
I have Figs 90 bushings, I believe that is the only kind they currently produce, I believe the softer version went away after the first run.

Not according to the web site:

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/CAT-LEXUS...P3491K-IN-BRKT

Lou
Old 02-05-18, 06:49 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Figs bushing. Great mod. I'm at 29k miles on the front tires and can see them lasting another 5k-10k miles. Absolutely worth it. I don't notice much if any NVH in the ride. Even if I did, it would be worth it to double the life of the front tires.
Old 02-05-18, 07:32 PM
Tom2769
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed the RR USRS shortly after buying my car and the added NVH was just a bit more than I cared for. I switched to Figs 90 durometer and couldn't be happier. The Figs are a little more progressive than the RR. The Figs gives you almost all the precision of the RR without some of the added NVH. Perfect compromise for me.
The following 5 users liked this post by Tom2769:
greys0uled (09-28-22), Hamed1 (07-01-20), henry1229 (06-01-18), nigel821 (04-19-21), Ramfis (02-05-18)
Old 02-05-18, 09:09 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom2769
I installed the RR USRS shortly after buying my car and the added NVH was just a bit more than I cared for. I switched to Figs 90 durometer and couldn't be happier. The Figs are a little more progressive than the RR. The Figs gives you almost all the precision of the RR without some of the added NVH. Perfect compromise for me.
Ah! That post should end the thread! Someone with personal experience with both products in question!

V.
Old 02-05-18, 09:25 PM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Ah! That post should end the thread! Someone with personal experience with both products in question!

V.
Exactly, thanks to all.
Old 02-06-18, 07:16 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,482 Likes on 1,236 Posts

/OT - slightly...
Any of you having issues with poly bushings squeeking?
Old 02-06-18, 11:39 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
/OT - slightly...
Any of you having issues with poly bushings squeeking?
mine squeeks when the temper is below around 40, and nothing above it. I heard it's normal for poly bushings.
Old 02-08-18, 10:54 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

OP, You are driving a 2013, NVH will be pretty much nothing. If you were in a 2008 with factory suspension (know to be harshest) you get a little more but completely acceptable. I went USRS from RR and absolutely love it. You can't really go wrong with either one.
Old 02-08-18, 03:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

had both. get the Figs if you want a smooth, OEM feel. if you live around PERFECT roads, get RR racing. otherwise, RR racing made me hate the ISF in terms of added NVH.
The following 4 users liked this post by ISFPOWER:
greys0uled (09-28-22), Hamed1 (07-01-20), henry1229 (06-01-18), Ramfis (02-16-18)
Old 02-08-18, 06:53 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
had both. get the Figs if you want a smooth, OEM feel. if you live around PERFECT roads, get RR racing. otherwise, RR racing made me hate the ISF in terms of added NVH.
You are correct FIGS 90&80 durometer bushing will give you less NVH than 95 durometer RR racing bushings. If NVH is concern then go for less aggressive durometer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion interesting statement "RR racing made me hate the ISF in terms of added NVH." I see you live in North Carolina your roads are no where near as bad as roads I drive on daily into NYC with pot holes, patched pot holes on top of patched pot holes, expansion joints, raised Steel plates that they use to cover section of roads that have pot holes or under construction try hitting one of those at 60 mph, ruts in road, bulges in asphalt, undulating roads. I have RR Racing URSR and daily drive into NYC daily along with other 900,000 people. Is there added NVH yes is as bad as you make it seem I don't know since NVH can be subjective. For me it's not that bad with my daily 42 mile commute. I've now added Superpro urethane bushings all around front ctr arms, rear car arms, trailing arms sway bars etc. Installing urethane bushings added way more NVH than RR Racing URSR bushing did. Once again just my opinion. Both companies make Quality Parts you can't go wrong with either one just find which one suits your driving needs.
The following users liked this post:
Ramfis (02-16-18)
Old 02-08-18, 07:05 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
You are correct FIGS 90&80 durometer bushing will give you less NVH than 95 durometer RR racing bushings. If NVH is concern then go for less aggressive durometer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion interesting statement "RR racing made me hate the ISF in terms of added NVH." I see you live in North Carolina your roads are no where near as bad as roads I drive on daily into NYC with pot holes, patched pot holes on top of patched pot holes, expansion joints, raised Steel plates that they use to cover section of roads that have pot holes or under construction try hitting one of those at 60 mph, ruts in road, bulges in asphalt, undulating roads. I have RR Racing URSR and daily drive into NYC daily along with other 900,000 people. Is there added NVH yes is as bad as you make it seem I don't know since NVH can be subjective. For me it's not that bad with my daily 42 mile commute. I've now added Superpro urethane bushings all around front ctr arms, rear car arms, trailing arms sway bars etc. Installing urethane bushings added way more NVH than RR Racing URSR bushing did. Once again just my opinion. Both companies make Quality Parts you can't go wrong with either one just find which one suits your driving needs.
the RR racing ones were fine in NC. NC put a lot of money into their roads and roads were perfect everywhere which i loved. then i moved to IA/IL for work. The ride was unbearable . the bushings still did what they said they would do(great brake feel), but i could not live with the road noise and hard impacts of these lines these roads had in these states. the lines were where they fixed the road cracks from snow and cold weather and it was every 1 foot in the roads and you just feel it so hard. i switched out to the Figs and it all went away. then i went back to stock and it felt the same as Figs before i traded the car in. i think the Figs come with little groves in the bushings from what he told me to help with impact.

Also, both bushings were with BC coils/swift 16/12k springs lowered 2 inches i the front. but rr racing USRS were great in NC like you stated and you are correct with that.
Old 02-09-18, 07:15 PM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks toball I pulled the trigger on the figgs 90, and just arrived today. Hopefully I’ll install them through the weekend...!!!

Quick Reply: Figs or RR Racing LCA bushing?