ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Hello/Goodbye - Moving on from IS-F (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/879544-hello-goodbye-moving-on-from-is-f.html)

SBradP 01-31-18 10:09 PM

Hello/Goodbye - Moving on from IS-F

Greetings,

I'm a long time lurker of the forum, but never did participate much. The info and help you all have provided has been very beneficial. I have a 2011 SGM IS-F that I have loved, but I just picked up a 2018 AR Giulia QV. Its a beast and a hoot to drive. I should be posting it for sale shortly. Several times I came very close to picking up a performance package 2016 and 2017 RC-F or 2017 GS-F, but they neither felt like it was on another level and the local DFW dealer wasnt eager to negotiate like others were reporting here to close that desire gap above the IS-F. The QV does perform like its on another level.

I love the F brand relative rarity of our cars, but I hope that they continue to develop and push the envelop in future models.

vraa 01-31-18 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by SBradP (Post 10100013)
Greetings,

I'm a long time lurker of the forum, but never did participate much. The info and help you all have provided has been very beneficial. I have a 2011 SGM IS-F that I have loved, but I just picked up a 2018 AR Giulia QV. Its a beast and a hoot to drive. I should be posting it for sale shortly. Several times I came very close to picking up a performance package 2016 and 2017 RC-F or 2017 GS-F, but they neither felt like it was on another level and the local DFW dealer wasnt eager to negotiate like others were reporting here to close that desire gap above the IS-F. The QV does perform like its on another level.

I love the F brand relative rarity of our cars, but I hope that they continue to develop and push the envelop in future models.

That's the one with the Ferrari engine right? Nice!!! I have been looking at one for a while, but I'm scared about reliability

SBradP 01-31-18 10:27 PM

Yes the 505Hp Ferrari derived engine. :eek2:
I know reliability will be different from Lexus, but I'm hoping second year model will be better.

vraa 01-31-18 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by SBradP (Post 10100020)
Yes the 505Hp Ferrari derived engine. :eek2:
I know reliability will be different from Lexus, but I'm hoping second year model will be better.

Did you get the extended warranty through Alfa? What do you think about the ergonomics of the car? Build quality on the one I checked out wasn't that great, but it was one of the first in Houston

Apexsports 01-31-18 11:53 PM

Congrats on the Alfa Brad, let us know your driving impressions if you would. I'm thinking of getting one in a year or two once we see how reliability does.

Diesel350 02-01-18 05:54 AM

Congrats, Did you lease or finance?

MileHIFcar 02-01-18 08:42 AM

Congrats!!........I test drove an AR QV and the response of the engine was nice and that steering damn was it quick and direct:eek2:

Hopefully you secured an extended warranty?? I think that's Alfa's biggest deterrent for a lot of car enthusiasts is the reliability aspect?? Still unknown at this point, but beautiful car nonetheless:thumbup:

SBradP 02-01-18 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by vraa (Post 10100032)
Did you get the extended warranty through Alfa? What do you think about the ergonomics of the car? Build quality on the one I checked out wasn't that great, but it was one of the first in Houston

The car is very comfortable with the Sparco Racing seats. The hold you well during aggressive driving. I fell in love with the alcantara of the ISF so I was looking for that again which the Giulia does have. Fit and finish of the vehicle is very nice. I dont see any structural issues externally or in the cabin. There are some areas that could be fleshed out some more with some luxury appointments, but then we would be back to the weight issue of the current gen F vehicles.

I haven't picked up the extend warranty yet, but as long as you are within the first year and 12k miles you can purchase it online. I'll be doing that soon.

vraa 02-01-18 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by SBradP (Post 10100268)
The car is very comfortable with the Sparco Racing seats. The hold you well during aggressive driving. I fell in love with the alcantara of the ISF so I was looking for that again which the Giulia does have. Fit and finish of the vehicle is very nice. I dont see any structural issues externally or in the cabin. There are some areas that could be fleshed out some more with some luxury appointments, but then we would be back to the weight issue of the current gen F vehicles.

I haven't picked up the extend warranty yet, but as long as you are within the first year and 12k miles you can purchase it online. I'll be doing that soon.

Do you mind sharing some $ numbers?

I tried to get them to roll the cost of the extended warranty into the car, they said the vehicle was selling well so they weren't even doing any discounts

I'm not sure if I believe them or not, I don't see many on the road and I didn't see inventory moving even after many months

Leander311 02-01-18 10:04 AM

Have some awesome car-geek friends (one is a writer/photog for Jalopnik/CoTA/RedBull) who rave on your choice of replacement mightily, congrats!!

That said, they also mentioned how surprisingly similar the Giulia felt to my F with my performance mods (power, weight, suspension). Was your F fairly stock?

Rossi 02-01-18 10:42 AM

Photos of both cars or did not happen :-)))

400to300H 02-01-18 02:50 PM

0-60 in 3.6 seconds :eek2:

SBradP 02-02-18 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by vraa (Post 10100275)
Do you mind sharing some $ numbers?

I tried to get them to roll the cost of the extended warranty into the car, they said the vehicle was selling well so they weren't even doing any discounts

I'm not sure if I believe them or not, I don't see many on the road and I didn't see inventory moving even after many months

I initially wanted that approach as well, but that didn't really work. Besides there are better priced manufacture warranties you can pick up from different dealerships. I ended up with over 3% off and got them to omit some of the pure profit nonsense fees. My approach was to always talk about it as OTD price. Therefore there is no silliness at the finance manager at the end.

Check out this thread - there is a guy saying his dealer will do $5-6K off on orders depending on options you select which beats my deal, but I didn't want to wait and already had a verbal agreement with my dealer.

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/48...-qv-price.html

Since you're in TX too - Have to give a shout out to my dealer in El Paso @ Sunland Park Alfa Romeo - Juan Carlos. Was professional, polite, and very responsive to communications throughout all phases of the process.

SBradP 02-02-18 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Leander311 (Post 10100316)
Have some awesome car-geek friends (one is a writer/photog for Jalopnik/CoTA/RedBull) who rave on your choice of replacement mightily, congrats!!

That said, they also mentioned how surprisingly similar the Giulia felt to my F with my performance mods (power, weight, suspension). Was your F fairly stock?

Yes - Mine is full stock.

SBradP 02-02-18 06:46 AM

Yes - they are rarer than our F at this point.

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/48...ads-us-16.html