IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2014 ISF for sale near me. Is this too much?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-18, 05:57 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

^^^^^It sure get's around

Lou
Old 01-17-18, 06:26 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Dang, didn't know that MY2014 have alcantara finish on the doors. $48k is pretty steep even for how rare it is. I would honestly put down another $7.5k and buy a newer GSF with more tech and less mileage.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=LEXGSF
Old 01-17-18, 07:03 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Sorry, but regardless of how rare 2014s are (and let’s face it, they weren’t rare for a collectible reason, it was because of lack of sales) that car is essentially a 2007/8 MY car that is entering into a price range where many new, nearly new, similar performance cars can be had.

Combine that with the fact that you can get a 2012, essentially the same car, especially because the carbon fiber spoiler doesn’t even stand out on a black car, for mid 30s and I think you’d have to be crazy to pay almost 50k for a 2014. The 2014 MY would have to have had some serious upgrades in order to garner that kind of a premium in my book.
The following users liked this post:
F Monster (01-17-18)
Old 01-17-18, 08:32 PM
USB2011JAM
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Have you seen the car in Concord? Hendrick is advertising it all over their dealerships. Google the VIN, you'll see what I mean.
Car is in CA, at least the carfax lists is registered, bought new, and now for sale in CA, so just assuming based on that, a lot of dealers these days will post sought after cars (ie ISF) on all their stores inventory, and ship it to the buyer, nothing to raise a red flag about....

So with that said... the OP is now competing with the whole country, not just local CA/ West Coast market....

OP, its a decent price, not a "steal" but its fair, and it will sell for close to that, i've been messaged a couple times recently by people inquiring about 2013-2014 pricing, including people embarrassed to post and admit how much they paid for a 2013, or 2014, due to the general lack of knowledge about the cars value on this forum, they feel like crap reading this forum after buying a car they love, for more then this forum suggests you should.... and by more, i mean a lot more..... like 2014s starting with a $5*,***.00... so like already suggested... if its the color, year, miles, condition you're after, jump on it.

Wether its priced "aggressively" or "way too much" the fact is it will sell to someone, soon. Be it you or someone else, if not sold already.

To the folks saying its crazy high, the problem is... wether the "tech" is 6-8 years old or not, is irrelevant, wether you can get a 15 (only a year newer) RCF for the same price is irrelevant... the market dictates the price, and the book values, auction values, give guidelines, but ultimately the market dictates the price, and dealers (especially one the size of Hendrick Automotive) know what they can expect for that car, and they aren't far off, regardless what ClubLexus thinks... every 5-7 years a car comes out and makes the old model obsolete and have old tech and features... just like a MKIV Supra, or Integra Type R, S2000, Turbo VR4 3000gt, Turbo RX7, super old, antiquated, outdated technology.... they still sell for close to or more then they did new.... so that argument about it being dated, is a stretch at best... clearly a sought after car has nothing to do with the latest gizmo, weather app, or iPhone docking station, or lane departure system... to some yes, but they probably aren't interested in an isf to begin with, but to someone LOOKING SPECIFICALLY for an ISF, none of that matters.

Go buy it and enjoy it

Last edited by USB2011JAM; 01-17-18 at 09:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by USB2011JAM:
flowrider (01-17-18), lobuxracer (01-17-18)
Old 01-17-18, 09:14 PM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I get cars to drive I don't care about car play and all those new features and nannies most people like. I do however have a hard time justifying paying 50k for a used car. I know , its a. Collectible and extremely rare but I think I may wait for an older model at a lower price. I'm sure it will be gone soon. That dealership is in concord auto row next door to an Audi dealership and there's a lot of enthusiasts in the Bay Area with lots of money .It will be gone in a few days.
Old 01-17-18, 09:33 PM
USB2011JAM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kense
Thanks for the feedback. I get cars to drive I don't care about car play and all those new features and nannies most people like. I do however have a hard time justifying paying 50k for a used car. I know , its a. Collectible and extremely rare but I think I may wait for an older model at a lower price. I'm sure it will be gone soon. That dealership is in concord auto row next door to an Audi dealership and there's a lot of enthusiasts in the Bay Area with lots of money .It will be gone in a few days.
50k for a used car is hard to swallow... but 50k for a used car in 2018, isn't much different then 40k for a used car in 2008. Kinda the going rate for a car that was mid-high 60k's new.... At least this one is clean, one owner, locally owned etc, some value in that, not a lot, but does add some value to some people.

There are RC-Fs out there for the same price range, or less, if you prefer a year newer, and coupe. I believe 15 RC-F with 20-30k miles are mid 40k's-ish.
Old 01-17-18, 10:28 PM
Onionboyz
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For those who are familiar with Supras probably see the ISF MY14 as the same as 1997/98 Supras. The upgrades and changes between years were minimal but the low production numbers and final tweaks to the last models made the cars more desirable for a specific group of buyers. Everybody knows you can buy an earlier model and save a ton of cash for mods to up the power and yada yada but at the end of the day there are people who are willing to pay a premium to have a more rare car with those final touches. The 2014 ISF offers that with the alcantara items, the headrest, and factory carbon fiber lip. I know i get jealous when I see a 1998 6 speed turbo supra compared to a 1993 6 speed turbo. Same with the 2014 vs 2008 ISFs.
Old 01-17-18, 11:09 PM
USB2011JAM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jz39
Sorry, but regardless of how rare 2014s are (and let’s face it, they weren’t rare for a collectible reason, it was because of lack of sales) that car is essentially a 2007/8 MY car that is entering into a price range where many new, nearly new, similar performance cars can be had......
Ill also add that this isn't entirely accurate... it should be relatively well known that the cars are not built to order, as in, a customer comes in, says "i want to order a 2014 ISF Blue with White interior, with no sunroof, with parking sensors, but with out navi and mark levinson...." they pay for it, then a month or 2 goes by and out pops your car.... not like a Ferrari where you sit down and order every single little item, its custom built for YOU.

The dealers order them typically in a color and specific trim, usually the most common trim, and what colors will be easiest to sell, which is why silver and grey with roof, with nav/levinson are the most common out there... because that is the color and trim appeals to the masses. Each dealer is usually allocated a certain number of each model of car per year or quarter based on their prior year sales numbers, and based on the dealers performance etc etc, many other factors as well... my point being, when a car is "ordered" for a customer, they may make a change to an order about to happen, or do a dealer trade, or wait for one already in transit to show up that fits the customers needs.... But rest assured, unless its a completely sale-proof car, or the market is completely flat on a car, most franchise dealers will order their MAXIUM allocation, meaning they'll take all the inventory they can get, especially on something like an ISF. They'll take all they can get, in any color, any trim the manufacture will allow them.

Point being...... the cars are usually ordered by a dealer long before there is a "lack of sales" in the marketplace, and long before a customer "order", and since the dealers usually MAX out their allocation, manufactures are controlling how many cars they're allotted... that means the manufacturer decided long before the last ISF rolled off the assembly line thatit would be the last ISF built for 2014, and that 2014 would be the last year. This was most likely decided 2 to 3 years before they actually stopped building it, or earlier. Thats why you see the most ISFs BY FAR in 2008, because it was a new model, demand was high, and a lot of attention on it. After that, they taper off production and start the slow kill-off process, while they think of the next best thing. There is anomalies, where a manufacture will ramp up production on demand that was not seen early on, but thats the exception not the rule. But Lexus certainly doesn't sit by the phone and say "well no more dealers want any ISFs shut down the line, they're not selling anymore".... doesn't work that way (usually).

They usually have well thought out, close estimates of how many units of a car they plan to sell in a specific market, and they usually have a pretty good idea of how many of them they will ever build before the car is ever brought to market. It's all very carefully planned out to maximize profit, and minimize risk of building too many, and having dealers not order them, or lower their allocation, which would in turn lower the amount of inventory they could order the following year, meaning they couldn't sell more new cars and grow their business, because they would run out of cars.

If what you say is accurate there would still be 5-10-15-20 year old NEW cars hanging around dealers lots they just couldn't get rid of. They build how many they want to sell, then incentivize them as demand starts to slow, its all planned out long in advance. Again, there are exceptions, there are things that happen, like recessions, or the VW diesel debacle, unforeseen things that can cause them to pivot and change quickly, but again, thats definitely not the norm.

This also isn't 100% true for all companies, like i said, there are manufactures that will build to suit certain cars, and certain demographics, like the LFA, or a lot of european companies, or super high end cars. But Lexus for the most part, the dealers order the cars, then 90-120 days later their orders start to show up, ordering one for a customer usually just means "ill find it for you, wait for one to come in we already ordered, or you put a deposit down and ill adjust one of the ones i already have ordered to fit what you want, but we'll make it sound all fancy like we custom built it just for you (even though we had that one coming anyway)"

Last edited by USB2011JAM; 01-17-18 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-18-18, 05:12 AM
Stingraygt
Driver School Candidate

This is too much.
Old 01-18-18, 05:13 AM
Stingraygt
Driver School Candidate

I have seen a local one for sale, 2013 with 27,500 miles, the right mods, for much less.
Old 01-18-18, 12:16 PM
Stingraygt
Driver School Candidate

I have been looking a lot lately, It's a little high, 44-45k closer range.
Old 01-18-18, 02:10 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingraygt
This is too much.
I have seen a local one for sale, 2013 with 27,500 miles, the right mods, for much less.
I have been looking a lot lately, It's a little high, 44-45k closer range.
Three POSTS, one after the other - I think we get your argument But, IMO, you are missing the point

Lou
spacexmase (01-18-18)
Old 01-18-18, 02:52 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Three POSTS, one after the other - I think we get your argument But, IMO, you are missing the point

Lou
Lmao! You're right about this guy....
What price did you get your F for StingrayGt??

​​details??

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 01-18-18 at 03:00 PM.
spacexmase (01-18-18)
Old 01-18-18, 04:14 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Let me be the first to say that I’m glad a 2014 could possibly sell for $48k. Just tell me when you buy it if it is worth over $50k TTT for a 2008 model year car that is essentially the same as the 2008 MY car that you can have for $20Ks or a top notch 2012 for $35K. Remind me again, what is so special about the 2014 to support a nearly $15K premium over a 2012? It’s the same car!

For ~30k the ISF is the best bang for the buck out there, period. For $50K...???

Last edited by Jz39; 01-18-18 at 04:17 PM.
ninten5 (01-19-18)
Old 01-18-18, 06:53 PM
USB2011JAM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jz39
Let me be the first to say that I’m glad a 2014 could possibly sell for $48k. Just tell me when you buy it if it is worth over $50k TTT for a 2008 model year car that is essentially the same as the 2008 MY car that you can have for $20Ks or a top notch 2012 for $35K. Remind me again, what is so special about the 2014 to support a nearly $15K premium over a 2012? It’s the same car!

For ~30k the ISF is the best bang for the buck out there, period. For $50K...???

The answer is simple math, and depreciation, really shouldn't be a hard equation to figure out....

Lets break it down a little simpler for you...

Hypothetically of corse.... :-)

Take a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl, It has 30,000 miles...... retail value to sell is somewhere in the $10,000-11000.00 range.... +/- 500.00
Then take a 30,000 mile 2012 Accord EXL 4cyl, retail sale value of this car is 14500-15,500.00ish..... approximately 50% more then the nearly identical 2008.... BUT only 4 years newer.... I used 2012, because its the same body style as the 2008 in accord world....however probably more accurate would be using a 2014 Accord (08 ISF vs 4 ISF), 14 has some more features, and granted is a different body style, but go up to a 30k mile 2014 Accord, the retail value jumps to $17-18,000.00, 70-80% more then the 2008 Accord, pretty much the same car right?

So in the case of the ISF 2008 ISF with 30K miles is worth what? $30,000-32,000.00, some would say even more then that... But lets stick with $31,000.00..... then a 2014 ISF with 30k miles, this one for sale for $48,000.00.... thats only 55% more then the 2008 with the same miles, again, car pretty much the same right?....However, we know there are certainly some very sought after features of the 2014 ISF you simply cant get in the 2008, or not with out swapping or adding aftermarket....

With that said..... one could argue this 2014, is actually UNDER priced based on what a 2008 with the same miles would sell for.... based on a run-of-the-mill Honda Accord anology..... Then factor in the fact there are many many less 2014 ISFs produced (limited quantity compared to 2008) that should prove even further that the 2014 ISF is priced fair, and to some even under priced....

Does it make more sense now?

Simple answer to your question... (even though its in regard to a 2012, which by the way, you cant buy a 30k mile clean one owner 2012 ISF for 35k either, going to be a lot closer to 40k)... is because its newer........ Its that simple. Its newer. Cant get much more black and white then that.

Quick Reply: 2014 ISF for sale near me. Is this too much?