IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2014 ISF for sale near me. Is this too much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 01:07 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Easily! Very good price if you ask me! Very few ISF's made in 14, and currently less than 10 for sale in the COUNTRY! Not to mention if he wants a black on black F with low miles.... shopping around will do him little good. Trying to save a few thousand is pointless on a car as clean, rare and reliable as this. Buy it, you won't regret it! And don't negotiate too long....there's ALWAYS someone out there looking for a rare, reliable F like this who's willing to pay the price.....jump on it before they do!

V.
I agree!!!
Old 02-20-18, 10:17 PM
liazon
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been shopping these for awhile. It's hard to gauge what low mile cars actually sell for because they seem to sit on the market at around 40k. We can see what they the asking price is by looking online, but what are people actually paying? I drove perfect condition 1 owner, no accidents, 2012 19k car last week, asking $41k. Dealer bought it at auction, so clearly wholesale value is significantly less than what he's asking for retail. I wouldn't think a dealer would go to the trouble of a fairly pricey car for 5k so he probably paid 30k? And he was the highest bidder.

Age definitely affects car value, regardless of how small model year changes may be. A 14' with the same miles is worth more than a 13' and so on. So, from what I see 45k seems like a correct asking price for a 14'. I don't think rarity affects value (at least until the car is a classic, then for sure.) My 05' GS430, 1 of 488, wasn't worth more because it was rare. But, it was worth more to me, and perhaps other discriminate buyers, because it was the last model year of it's generation.

The question remains however, if buyers are actually paying these retail premiums. The F is clearly an awesome car, and i miss a v8, but it remains very difficult for me to justify literally twice the cost of a 350.....A 200% mark-up for a car that is only 7% faster in the 1/4 (13.9 vs 13 OEM). But, Maybe that's the point of a premium ride...only those who don't need to justify the cost get to drive one.
Old 02-21-18, 08:29 AM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's still for sale and they took 4K off the price. I don't think most people know the difference between an F and non F so they see it and just think regular IS and nobody was willing to pay 49K for a used car like that. I think it will stay on the lot until it goes below 40K.
Old 02-21-18, 08:29 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

^^ I have access to the mainheim auctions and they do not make that much money on a car. Case in point, a $29.1k 2008 with 25k miles (w/accident) was sold and listed at the dealer for $32k for retail.

I got mine at auction for $29.9k for a 08 with 35k miles, I was the highest bidder.

But people have to remember, as these cars get older they are getting harder to finance, so even a 2011 now wont be able to get financed at a regular bank. And who would pay 30k+ cash for an 7-8 year old car with ok performance in today's world
The following users liked this post:
Diesel350 (02-21-18)
Old 02-21-18, 02:53 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ninten5
^^ I have access to the mainheim auctions and they do not make that much money on a car. Case in point, a $29.1k 2008 with 25k miles (w/accident) was sold and listed at the dealer for $32k for retail.

I got mine at auction for $29.9k for a 08 with 35k miles, I was the highest bidder.

But people have to remember, as these cars get older they are getting harder to finance, so even a 2011 now wont be able to get financed at a regular bank. And who would pay 30k+ cash for an 7-8 year old car with ok performance in today's world
If all we cared about was performance we would all be driving Mustangs and Camaros.
Old 02-21-18, 04:00 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^^.......Isn't that the truth! There are plenty of cars out there (German/Domestics etc....) that are faster than the ISF with a bigger aftermarket to choose mods from by far!

Owning an ISF is going beyond the numbers and performance aspect of the car realistically, and has more to do with the intangibles for a lot of owners.
Old 02-21-18, 06:08 PM
USB2011JAM
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by liazon
.... Dealer bought it at auction, so clearly wholesale value is significantly less than what he's asking for retail. I wouldn't think a dealer would go to the trouble of a fairly pricey car for 5k so he probably paid 30k? And he was the highest bidder.

I don't think rarity affects value (at least until the car is a classic, then for sure.) My 05' GS430, 1 of 488, wasn't worth more because it was rare. But, it was worth more to me, and perhaps other discriminate buyers, because it was the last model year of it's generation....
1) if you think a dealer is in a car 30K and trying to retail for 41k (probably after pricing lowering) you couldn't be more incorrect.... dealers these days are lucky to make (after reconditioning, auction fees, safety inspections, flooring costs, etc) to make $2-3K..... most average about $1,800.00 on front end gross profit, and 700-1,000.00 back end profit (financing flat fees, rate mark-ups, warranty profits etc) and thats average on all the cars they sell, some more some less. depending how well they bought it, and how quickly they sell it after acquisition. The longer it sits the more it costs them. On NEW cars most are happy to break even on front end profit, and maybe make some money from a trade-in, service contracts, or kick backs incentives from OEMs.

2)Rarity doesnt effect value?.... since when? never heard of supply and demand? ?... No, its not an absolute certainty that rarity makes it worth more, you need strong demand also... But to say in one sentence it doesn't effect value, then at the end of your statement about gs430 say.... "it was worth more to me because of last model year..... "...Clearly means value is effected? its worth what someone is willing to pay, you being the one willing to pay the most, which is why someone didn't buy before you did. Last model year? What made last model year worth more? ... Very odd statement... especially when you say things like "classic cars are worth more because of xyz"... why? what makes them classics? what makes them collectible? just because its old? no. Theyre not made anymore, and have high demand..... But there are many millions of old cars not worth a dime, just as there are cars on the road today that will be worth nothing many years from now. You need low supply AND high demand to get a premium for any item, not just cars... Thats why housing prices in certain areas go through the roof. Just so happens there is a lot less demand for a 2005 gs430 or is350 then an ISF, which the real reason why they're worth more. Just as if there isn't a lot of space left to build a house in Malibu, and when there is, theres a lot of demand, which makes that 2,000 sq foot house worth $10 million, instead of $80,000.00 like a similar sized property in Detroit. Because not many people want to live there, and the ones that do have a lot of options to chose from.

Not rare (high supply) & no demand= low value. No demand & rare(low supply) = marginal value, not crazy high value but worth more then the high supply.... Low Supply (rare) & high demand= high prices..... IE Toyota Supra, Integra Type R, S2000, NSX, classic Mustangs, Camaros.... Supras are less rare then ISF in terms production numbers... But still sell for double or triple what they were new, and stock from Toyota performance was good, yes, but in stock form, it wasn't crazy, not sure exact #s bud imagine the ISF would compete just fine with a stock Supra worth $90,000.00, and would blow the doors off an $300,000.00 old stock original mustang, or $30,000.00 Integra Type R...

Last edited by USB2011JAM; 02-21-18 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-21-18, 06:45 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’d buy it, but I have a 2012 USB already after selling my 2008. Wasn’t planning on changing for a 3rd time.
Old 02-21-18, 07:09 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

ME✋....In a heartbeat. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

V.
Old 02-22-18, 06:26 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350

If all we cared about was performance we would all be driving Mustangs and Camaros.
Not my main point. There are cool cars in that price range that are NEWER that would get financed vs only having buyers pay cash (lessens the buyer pool)
If I'm doing well financially, why would I buy a 2011-2012 $35k OLD lexus (its a 2008 model refresh) vs buying a newer BMW or Merc car? I understand the collectability but this car is not a damn supra, it was not in the FF movies, no one even knows about it. I rather park my $35k in investment ventures and make MORE money rather than be forced to pay cash for an older car and lose money on it in the few years I own it.

But hey, I'm the idiot, who's essentially bought my past cars and haven't lost a dime with this trick.
Old 02-22-18, 06:35 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by liazon
I've been shopping these for awhile. It's hard to gauge what low mile cars actually sell for because they seem to sit on the market at around 40k. We can see what they the asking price is by looking online, but what are people actually paying? I drove perfect condition 1 owner, no accidents, 2012 19k car last week, asking $41k. Dealer bought it at auction, so clearly wholesale value is significantly less than what he's asking for retail. I wouldn't think a dealer would go to the trouble of a fairly pricey car for 5k so he probably paid 30k? And he was the highest bidder.

Age definitely affects car value, regardless of how small model year changes may be. A 14' with the same miles is worth more than a 13' and so on. So, from what I see 45k seems like a correct asking price for a 14'. I don't think rarity affects value (at least until the car is a classic, then for sure.) My 05' GS430, 1 of 488, wasn't worth more because it was rare. But, it was worth more to me, and perhaps other discriminate buyers, because it was the last model year of it's generation.

The question remains however, if buyers are actually paying these retail premiums. The F is clearly an awesome car, and i miss a v8, but it remains very difficult for me to justify literally twice the cost of a 350.....A 200% mark-up for a car that is only 7% faster in the 1/4 (13.9 vs 13 OEM). But, Maybe that's the point of a premium ride...only those who don't need to justify the cost get to drive one.
I got a fairly good rate on my 08 with 30k for $30k+tax/warranty a little over a year ago from a lexus dealer with wells fargo, at the time I got a hell of a deal because most private sellers wanted $30-32k for the same or even more miles. Dealers don't make anywhere near that much on cars, if you follow the auctions and see what they list for later, you'll see that.

As far as the comparison to IS350, yes it's quite a bit more $, but it offers way more than just similar performance and looks. All of us know that, sorry you don't..
Old 02-22-18, 08:05 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Not my main point. There are cool cars in that price range that are NEWER that would get financed vs only having buyers pay cash (lessens the buyer pool)
If I'm doing well financially, why would I buy a 2011-2012 $35k OLD lexus (its a 2008 model refresh) vs buying a newer BMW or Merc car? I understand the collectability but this car is not a damn supra, it was not in the FF movies, no one even knows about it. I rather park my $35k in investment ventures and make MORE money rather than be forced to pay cash for an older car and lose money on it in the few years I own it.

But hey, I'm the idiot, who's essentially bought my past cars and haven't lost a dime with this trick.
Yeah it depends what your priorities are. I'm sure you can find a fairly new 1 or 2 yr old bottom of the barrell Mercedes C300 or BMW 3 series for $35k. But there is no way you are going to get any newer BMW or Merc that touches the IS-F's overall performance for $35k. Your point could be applied to any used high dollar car not just the IS-F.

Last edited by Diesel350; 02-22-18 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-22-18, 10:04 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Few things:
*The ISF WAS in Fast and Furious....I believe you should go back and watch the movie a lil more carefully 😉
*Only penny pinchers care about a car losing a lil value over the years....

V.
Old 02-23-18, 04:20 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
It looks like the link is no longer working so I guess someone liked it. You would be hard pressed to find another 14 for 40k with that low of mileage. And it seems like a steal compared to the '12 they have listed now.

https://www.acuraofconcord.com/used-...cetInteracted=

The following users liked this post:
graphX250 (02-23-18)
Old 02-24-18, 07:53 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

You guys are giving me a headache.....

Quick Reply: 2014 ISF for sale near me. Is this too much?