IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IronNam's 2011 USB ISF and more!

Old 01-12-18, 02:56 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts
Talking IronNam's 2011 USB ISF and more!

Hello ladies and gents,

I've been lurking and learning here for several years. Almost bought Mr. Fong's 2008 ISF back in 2013 but that never happened. In 2014, a 1995 Supra Turbo took presence. Recently, Mr. Poole put his mint 2011 USB ISF for sale and I knew I had to hop on it. After a painful process dealing with the bank before, during, and after the holidays, things finally got through, I picked up the car, and got it registered in Kansas. Yeah, I've already put over 4,000 miles on it. I can only tell you how much I love this car. I've been obsessing over these forever!

Some of you may know me through the Hilux or the Supra, and finally the ISF.

The ISF is going to stay fairly stock for now. I'm glad I have a reliable and extremely fun car to use for school and work. The Pickup grenaded its 22RE 3 days before the Supra arrived, that was 3 years ago. I've been in the process of swapping in my VVTi 1UZ from a '98 SC400 donor car I got. The Supra is under the knife after 45k miles, those were great times. That car went single, got rod knock, and now I'm pulling the old GTE to shove in a built VVTi GTE. It'll be a Flex-fuel, VVTi, standalone, slight CR bump, with a Comp Turbo 6767 .81ar on a log manifold. For the time being, I need to get that thing on the road. It'll be a fun and responsive car.

I think in the near future, I'll get some more go-fast parts for the ISF. I may do 18" wheels and tires first. 19" tire price are not fun. Having grip is nothing new to me, in fact, I'd love even more. The ISF may see some autocrossing and the circuit this year if things go smooth for me.

Here's some of my car

Zero to 171mph, only using 30% Ethanol blend. Really easy. That's 4.5gals for an empty ISF on 91 octane with E10 fuel. Anywhere between 4.0 - 4.5 gallons is good per full tank.

I'm going to see if Google Drive allows me to host these pictures without hassle. I've been on forums since 2006 and I know Photobucket decided to betray us all. That didn't work. Use Google Photos

Also, Admins, can you move this to the build threads section? Thanks a ton.

Last edited by IronNam; 01-12-18 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-12-18, 03:12 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

I use Facebook and Instagram a lot more than forums. Times have changed but feel free to remind me to keep you guys updated here.

First day with the ISF!
Sunrise in Arizona/New Mexico during my trek across the southwestern US
The Christmas tree in Flagstaff, AZ
Merry Christmas from Liberal, KS
Crossing into Kansas from Oklahoma
Wichita, KS flag
one of my few nights going around town finding art, this one being graffiti but the lighting was perfect
more pride into the hometown flag
I believe this was in South California, between the border and LA.

As mentioned before, here's my Supra and Hilux Pickup.

Started off as an all original 1995 Supra Turbo 6spd with 179k miles, clean title. Wasn't a perfect car but it was in better condition than most I've seen in person with less miles. I've put over 45k miles on it in two years.
HKS Hipermax IV GT coilovers all around, HKS Titanium 4" race exhaust, authentic kevlar Bride Stradias on RO rails, Southbend's stage 3 full face endurance racing clutch (over 25k miles on it, recommend to most Supra/2JZ guys), and recently it has gone to a cast manifold with a Comp 6767 .81ar turbo.
It's in the process of receiving a built 2JZ-GTE VVTi and supporting mods, such as a fuel system, standalone, etc. It's expensive.

The Supra sits on some rare discontinued Kinesis K28R wheels. I bought these used and I rebuilt them myself, twice actually.
A little history behind these is that in the early 2000s, Kinesis along with Fikse were some OG asf companies that produced forged wheels that are also truly multipiece. That's actually hard to come by when I was in the market for wheels. Lexani bought out Kinesis in 2006. I believe these ranged around $3000-5000+ for a set of wheels or even more. I've since then given it new lips all around, a pair of front barrels, the faces I've powdercoated them Prismatic Sleet Gold (same on my Hilux, without clear), and red hardware.
They are 18x10 +30 in the front and 18x11.5 +48 in the rear. They're wrapped by Toyo R888s, 275/35/18 and 315/30/18. I plan to go to 285/30/18 in the front sometime.

Then you have this thing.
Got this with 140k miles from my parents and have been driving it since. It started off with a 22RE mated to the A43D automatic transmission. Lost reverse, lost overdrive. Yanked it, shoved an SC300 W58 5spd behind it. Blew the 7.5" 3.73 axle before that, went to a 2WD V6 8" diff with 3.41's. Autocrossed the damn thing for a year or so, eventually enlisted and went into the USAF. With all of my two stripes, I gave this truck some cheap Mustang 18x10's with sticky r-compounds on it. Went to an autocross during that summer with blown dampers, bad timing, a passenger, and a lot of other stuff that shouldn't be good for it... I managed to get 12th place out of 112 drivers. I'll get proof for you if you don't believe me but I did place some pretty good times in a field full of sports cars with triple the power lol.
Fast forward, I've been in NorCal for a handful of years. This truck had its fair share of mountain roads and left a few turbo AWD cars to shame in the twisties lol.
After a deployment, I managed to pick up some Work Kiwamis, 18x10.5" on all corners, wrapped with Toyo R888s, 295/30/18 to be exact.

I think this thing pulled so many G's on an on-ramp that I lost oil... because I got rod-knock and drove it 16 miles home... halfway at the 8 mile mark, #2 rod grenaded and windowed the block. I finished the rest of the 8 miles on the highway and got less than a mile from my house. Soooo ever since then, the VVTi 1UZ swap project has gotten very small amount of progress.

Stay tuned! The end of this winter/ beginning of spring time, I'm looking at getting the Supra back on the road. I'll be a full-time student but hopefully getting a job. My enlistment ends soon. After I get a house for all my three VVTi ToyoLexus monsters, I'll be getting the Hilux back onto the road. A TIG welder would be amazing to pick up soon. Would be great to fabricate my own parts for all three vehicles.

Last edited by IronNam; 01-12-18 at 03:44 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by IronNam:
BS ISF (01-12-18), PANICiii (01-12-18), tas02 (01-12-18)
Old 01-12-18, 07:07 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Where did you do the 0-171 mph run?
Old 01-12-18, 07:39 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^Duh....... just across the border in Mexico

I seem to cross the border often as well

OP.... good run! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new beauty!

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 01-12-18 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-12-18, 07:44 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar

That's a long way from Kansas and from Colorado for you!
Old 01-12-18, 07:52 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

It's a little bit of a drive but worth it for high speed runs.........you know what they say if your having fun the miles just pass on by! Viva Mexico
Old 01-12-18, 10:14 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Welcome! Great start!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-12-18, 11:27 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Legit high-speed run on a stock-ish car! It's much more fun in manual/sport mode, btw. Shifts are lightning-fast and the rev warning lights and beep are a nice touch.

Btw, you just reminded me my newish to me IS-F only came with one fob, and I've always wanted one of those CC-shaped transponders to carry instead. Any advice on the best place to find one on the cheap?
Old 01-12-18, 11:33 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats. Beautiful car.

My favorite is the shaking/hand held device, while doing 171MPH on the other hand
Old 01-12-18, 01:19 PM
graphX250
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Leander311
Btw, you just reminded me my newish to me IS-F only came with one fob, and I've always wanted one of those CC-shaped transponders to carry instead. Any advice on the best place to find one on the cheap?
I just got a quote from the dealership for the CC key, $321, included programing

Last edited by graphX250; 01-12-18 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-12-18, 01:49 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...006-is350.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ob-update.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-07-is250.html

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
IronNam (01-13-18), spacexmase (01-12-18)
Old 01-13-18, 05:32 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Wow! Where did you do the 0-171 mph run?
Originally Posted by MileHIFcar

OP.... good run! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new beauty!
Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Welcome! Great start!

-Josh
Haha thanks gents! Somewhere in northern Mexico!
I don't recall anyone ever recording and posting a straight up 0-top speed video for the ISFs so I figured I'dmake one.

Legit high-speed run on a stock-ish car! It's much more fun in manual/sport mode, btw. Shifts are lightning-fast and the rev warning lights and beep are a nice touch.

It's pretty stock minus the non-functional Apexi throttle controller and Grom VLine, aaaaaaaaand E30 mix LOL.
I wanted a video with none of the beeping, plus concentrating on holding the DSLR was enough at speed lol. Even then the shifts in regular Drive with Sport mode on is pretty good. I can't get over how audible the intake is. For some reason the 2-3 shift's induction noise is very very distinctive when it upshifts lol.

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Congrats. Beautiful car.

My favorite is the shaking/hand held device, while doing 171MPH on the other hand
Thanks! hahaha I was holding just fine until the speed and slight dips in the road focused my attention entirely into driving. I need a GoPro!

Quick work, thanks for the help. I have the part number for the slim transponder if anyone ever needs it in the future.
Old 01-13-18, 05:33 AM
IronNam
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by graphX250
I just got a quote from the dealership for the CC key, $321, included programing
So expensive!

The dealership replaces the batteries for free, at least. I can't find those batteries at all in WalMart lol
Old 01-13-18, 09:21 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fun video.

love that truck bro
Old 01-13-18, 11:01 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Glad you finally got the F you wanted. That and the Supra- I've said it to you before, but what a great combination in the garage. Staying stock is hard, and I have a feeling you'll have some great parts arriving soon.

Enjoy your F, my friend!
The following users liked this post:
IronNam (01-14-18)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IronNam's 2011 USB ISF and more!