IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Installing 2015 RCF seats in my 2008 ISF- need help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-18, 01:34 AM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Installing 2015 RCF seats in my 2008 ISF- need help!

So I picked up a set of RCF seats to replace my worn out ISF seats (found out its $7k to get them redone so screw that). From what I understand, the brackets are the same so bolting them in is not an issue. If they don’t match I can just cut and weld them to be in the correct spot. Or make an adapter plate

My issue is this: I need a wire diagram for the 2008 harness for the chassis side and I need a diagram for the 2015 seat so I can figure out which wires need to go where to make the motor work and the heater to work. If I can get the airbag to work to that would be awesome. I’ll probably need to wire in another circuit to make the ventilation feature work, probably just to a toggle switch and only have it set up to be off or high since they aren’t very good anyway.

I would imagine i will likely need another clip clip or something to pin together the different harnesses rather then doing a connector on each wire individually.
Any input would be helpful then maybe we can do a build thread for others that want to do this? Totally cost should be under $3.5k

-----Update-----
I have begun working on getting these retrod into the car. I have all the hardware aspects completed and will go over that now.

Both passenger seats, side by side

The RCF seat belt has a larger hole then the ISF. You can either cut and splice the ISF receiver (the wire clips are different) into the RCF harness and not modify the belt clip OR modify the clip as I will go over. My logic for modifying the belt clip was because I wanted both seats to remain as stock as possible in case I wanted to sell them.

Get 4-6 new bits because they will be ruined after 1 hole. " />7/32 drill bit to drill up to 1/4" above the hole.
Get 4-6 new bits because they will be ruined after 1 hole.

Use a steel jig saw to cut the holes out.

Grind the little notches flat
test fit, should fit just like stock

Last edited by SRTISF; 01-21-18 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-02-18, 07:18 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

The guys in puerto Rico have done this. They are active on Facebook, but not sure if they are on here. They might be able to help you
Old 01-02-18, 10:28 AM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by FinLIFE
The guys in puerto Rico have done this. They are active on Facebook, but not sure if they are on here. They might be able to help you
Yea I PMd the dude and asked him how is buddy figured out the wiring. According to his profile he was active yesterday. I’m gojng to need a ISF seat side of the harness clip so I can modify that and not mess up the stock harness.
Old 01-03-18, 08:03 PM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You should do a DIY on this... would be great!
Old 01-03-18, 08:37 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by samjones
You should do a DIY on this... would be great!
Yes, I totally planned on it. I actually was planning on making some harness adapters to sell for others that want to do this.
Old 01-03-18, 09:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

RC F and GS F seats suck compared to IS F seats. I have both and drive them routinely - the wife (8 months pregnant) asked me to drive the IS to Nashville from Atlanta instead of the GS because the seats are so much more comfortable and supportive. Best of luck with your swap, I would not do it.
Old 01-05-18, 12:51 AM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
RC F and GS F seats suck compared to IS F seats. I have both and drive them routinely - the wife (8 months pregnant) asked me to drive the IS to Nashville from Atlanta instead of the GS because the seats are so much more comfortable and supportive. Best of luck with your swap, I would not do it.

I have an RCF too and find those seats much more comfortable then my worn out ISF seats. The ISF seats aren't bolstered as well so I slide around a lot during spirited driving, not to mention they don't have good lower back support. I can see why your wife would have preferred the IS over the GSF, being 8 months prego (congratulations!) would defiantly be a reason to want less bolstering. My lady actually agrees too but hey, thats why she has her own car lol

I plan on keeping my ISF seats and making an adapter harness so I can easily swap between to 2 if I needed to for whatever reason.
Old 02-19-18, 11:00 AM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

update on this please!
Old 02-19-18, 11:28 AM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by geero
update on this please!
lol thats pretty much the bulk of it. The wiring info can be provided by one of the members on here. I'd post it but I don't think they would appreciate it since it took a long time for them to figure it out so they are trying to make a little money in the process.
Old 02-19-18, 11:13 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey, looking good.

Out of interest, how do the RCF seats compare to your old ISF seats in terms of weight?

Guessing they are probably about the same, but curious to know.....

Cheers,

Pete
Old 02-20-18, 12:45 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you rewire the car so that it can also use the ventilated seat option?
Old 02-20-18, 06:36 PM
Burch_RCF
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks great. Very interested to see the final product.
Old 02-22-18, 01:06 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Hey, looking good.

Out of interest, how do the RCF seats compare to your old ISF seats in terms of weight?

Guessing they are probably about the same, but curious to know.....

Cheers,

Pete
They seem to be a tad heavier actually.. Hard to say but its close
Old 02-22-18, 01:09 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Did you rewire the car so that it can also use the ventilated seat option?
No, the guys who figured out the wiring in the first place are still working on getting that working.

I though it would be easy to just have the Heat and Cool features on two single switches with both on max instead of the 3 levels since 1 and 2 are next to useless in these cars lol.
This would require us to completely bypass the existing switches ETC
Old 02-22-18, 04:51 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTISF
No, the guys who figured out the wiring in the first place are still working on getting that working.

I though it would be easy to just have the Heat and Cool features on two single switches with both on max instead of the 3 levels since 1 and 2 are next to useless in these cars lol.
This would require us to completely bypass the existing switches ETC
What if you used the heat/vent controls from a 250/350? I have tons of spares I could send you to test it

Quick Reply: Installing 2015 RCF seats in my 2008 ISF- need help!