IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Installing 2015 RCF seats in my 2008 ISF- need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-18, 09:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTISF
No, the guys who figured out the wiring in the first place are still working on getting that working.

I though it would be easy to just have the Heat and Cool features on two single switches with both on max instead of the 3 levels since 1 and 2 are next to useless in these cars lol.
This would require us to completely bypass the existing switches ETC
If you haven't experienced it, the seat cooler on high makes a noise right by your ears that sounds like static. The first time I heard it, I thought something was wrong with the car. Before you hard wire something like that, check out one working as intended and see if it bothers you. I really thought something was wrong with the car until I knew what it was.
Old 02-23-18, 04:22 AM
eddyisf
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If you haven't experienced it, the seat cooler on high makes a noise right by your ears that sounds like static. The first time I heard it, I thought something was wrong with the car. Before you hard wire something like that, check out one working as intended and see if it bothers you. I really thought something was wrong with the car until I knew what it was.

Haha I also experienced this when I sent to pick up an is250 for my little sister on the drive home I was like “wtf is wrong with this car it’s brand new, why do I hear static!!!” I stayed in the car for 30 mins once I got home to figure it out 😂
Old 03-29-18, 11:55 AM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have any knowledge on how the airbag systems work on these cars? Are all of them independent of each other? Or are they wired together and some worth work if others arent plugged in?

I have noticed my passenger airbag light always says off even when someone is sitting there, so I need to fix that. Makes me a little nervous..

I know the airbag in the seats is turned off since its unplugged. I am a little hesitant on plugging it in since I have to cut and splice the wires and am not sure if they are the same. Id hate to blow the bags on new seats..
Old 04-04-18, 11:43 AM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

remember.. if they are not plugged NONE of the airbags will deploy.. however I dont know if they need programming.. i'd believe it's plug n play but like u say.. id rather not take the chance
Old 04-04-18, 12:31 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by scorpionge
remember.. if they are not plugged NONE of the airbags will deploy.. however I dont know if they need programming.. i'd believe it's plug n play but like u say.. id rather not take the chance
None?! Like zero airbags work on the whole car because the seats are not plugged in? That is sketchy as hell..
Old 04-04-18, 01:19 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

None?! Like zero airbags work on the whole car because the seats are not plugged in? That is sketchy as hell..
Only if you believe airbags are a good thing. I don't.

Lexus will tell you it is unsafe to deploy the airbags if they are not all working, so if there is a fault in the system, it defaults to no bags deploying.
Old 04-06-18, 01:22 PM
B0077144
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, nice project... the RCF seats are awesome!!
Old 04-08-18, 09:28 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Only if you believe airbags are a good thing. I don't.

Lexus will tell you it is unsafe to deploy the airbags if they are not all working, so if there is a fault in the system, it defaults to no bags deploying.

Hmm, very interesting.. I might figure out how to rewire them just for peace of mind.. Its good to know our cars are pretty safe to begin with but the extra bags would appear to help.. Idk about you but I'd rather hit a bag of air then my steering wheel.
Old 04-08-18, 10:11 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^If your 3 point seat belt and harness are working correctly, and you buckle up, you will not hit your steering wheel if you do not have a air bag, you will be restrained. If you do have an air bag, you will not hit the air bag, the air bag will hit you

Lou
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (03-22-23)
Old 04-09-18, 03:27 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^If your 3 point seat belt and harness are working correctly, and you buckle up, you will not hit your steering wheel if you do not have a air bag, you will be restrained. If you do have an air bag, you will not hit the air bag, the air bag will hit you

Lou

And then they total your car because the airbags deployed for an otherwise minor accident. Or the airbag shoots metal into your head.

If less people were texting on their phones while driving, the potential need for airbags would be even lower.

Also, the headrest on the RCF seats protrude like crazy. Does that bang into the back of your head a lot?

Last edited by Jz39; 04-09-18 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-09-18, 07:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Hmm, very interesting.. I might figure out how to rewire them just for peace of mind.. Its good to know our cars are pretty safe to begin with but the extra bags would appear to help.. Idk about you but I'd rather take a hit in the face from Mike Tyson then my steering wheel.
Corrected for truth.
Old 04-09-18, 09:28 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

I laughed a little too hard at your correction.

Corrected for truth.
Old 12-20-18, 02:27 AM
HurtadoISF
Pole Position

Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

I might be tackling this task on also, I have contacted the guys from Puerto Rico and they said they will send me the blue print they made for a fee ofcourse small fee for such an epic upgrade I believe. Hoping to pick up some GSF seats this month
Old 12-20-18, 12:05 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

Can you weigh both PLEASE so we can see if it will yield any weight savings. Thanks.
Old 12-20-18, 03:54 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Can you weigh both PLEASE so we can see if it will yield any weight savings. Thanks.
If you want weight savings, definately go aftermarket. You can save a lot of weight there.

Quick Reply: Installing 2015 RCF seats in my 2008 ISF- need help!