IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2009 is f!!! Or do i wait???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-17, 10:52 AM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face 2009 is f!!! Or do i wait???

Hey Guys, New to Club Lexus here………… I’ve been doing some web surfing on the differences on different years on the ISF and can’t find anything to major regarding reliability and performance. The reason I ask is I’m thinking on purchasing a 2009 ISF with relatively low mileage. I know some changes have been made mostly on the 2011 models and up like the new dash, suspension and headlights, not sure what else……….. I was planning to what until a 2011 or higher model came up, but seeing an 2009 with low mileage, not sure is I should wait for a newer model or bite the bullet on the 2009.Any information and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Mike
Old 12-30-17, 11:13 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Low mileage 2009 would be great.

What is color, mileage and price?

If you get a 2009, get it in your head that you will be spending money to put a true Limited Slip diff in it.
Old 12-30-17, 11:30 AM
400to300H
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Whats considered low mileage for that year?
Old 12-30-17, 12:27 PM
FlexedLEX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JETMIKE007
Hey Guys, New to Club Lexus here………… I’ve been doing some web surfing on the differences on different years on the ISF and can’t find anything to major regarding reliability and performance. The reason I ask is I’m thinking on purchasing a 2009 ISF with relatively low mileage. I know some changes have been made mostly on the 2011 models and up like the new dash, suspension and headlights, not sure what else……….. I was planning to what until a 2011 or higher model came up, but seeing an 2009 with low mileage, not sure is I should wait for a newer model or bite the bullet on the 2009.Any information and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Mike
I’d wait for a 2011 if your budget allows for it, the changes made are significant. I purchased a 2010 with 90k miles for 29k out the door, it was in mint condition, and under 30k out the door.If i could not have gotten it for under 30k out the door i would have waited for a 2011+.

The ride initially took some time to get use to, as it is heavily dampened for the 2010 and bellow models. The changes made on the 2011’s not only from a comfort standpoint, but infotainment are well worth it.
Old 12-30-17, 03:18 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by FlexedLEX:

"I'd wait for a 2011... the changes made on the 2011's... are well worth it."

Note that this poster didn't wait.
Old 12-30-17, 03:39 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by tas02

Lmao! Good catch, lol.
I'm just not understanding people "settling" for something they're gunna keep for years and years just to save a thousand or 2. That's not any money at all over a year or 2.... really not any money period. Doesn't make sense. Pay for what you want. If you can't afford to buy a better, lower mileage car when ultimately that's what you want, you shouldn't be trying to own this car. The car (condition wise) will go straight downhill if you shortcut on cost when BUYING the car. Not a cheap car to own if you're dailying the car. That's why people don't want cars that have had 3 to 4 or 5 owners. The more owners, usually the latter ones truly can't afford the car/maintenance/upkeep. All the post lately about "deals", and "that car is priced $2k too high" is rediculious. If you find a car you like, the color and mileage you want, buy it. 1-2-3k shouldn't stop you.
Rant over, lol

V.
Old 12-30-17, 05:25 PM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

Thanks for the replies Guys!

What year did the ISF change to the limited slip, I think I read somewhere it could have been 2011 but not 100% sure.

As for the 2009 I'm currently looking at, it has 52000KM (33000 Miles). I consider that low mileage for the year. Also looks like the car has never been winter driven, that's a big plus for me.

My two favorite colors are starfire white and ultrasonic blue, I do like the blue a bit better though....... The one I'm looking at is the white and the dealer is asking 36 G's, but could possibly get it for a few grand less than that.

I don't care about spending several more G's to get the color and year I want, but in my opinion it seems like most of the ISF's I've been looking for the last year are all close to 80-100K Miles including the 2011 and up models.

Right now I feel as if I'm gambling trying to find the perfect ISF for me and the longer I wait the less likely one will pop up for sale.

I do currently own a 2008 IS 350 and love that car. That is my everyday driver and the ISF will be only for the summer and pleasure driving only.

Thanks Again guys, Mike
Old 12-30-17, 08:25 PM
FlexedLEX
Rookie

Thanks for the replies Guys!

What year did the ISF change to the limited slip, I think I read somewhere it could have been 2011 but not 100% sure.

As for the 2009 I'm currently looking at, it has 52000KM (33000 Miles). I consider that low mileage for the year. Also looks like the car has never been winter driven, that's a big plus for me.

My two favorite colors are starfire white and ultrasonic blue, I do like the blue a bit better though....... The one I'm looking at is the white and the dealer is asking 36 G's, but could possibly get it for a few grand less than that.

I don't care about spending several more G's to get the color and year I want, but in my opinion it seems like most of the ISF's I've been looking for the last year are all close to 80-100K Miles including the 2011 and up models.

Right now I feel as if I'm gambling trying to find the perfect ISF for me and the longer I wait the less likely one will pop up for sale.

I do currently own a 2008 IS 350 and love that car. That is my everyday driver and the ISF will be only for the summer and pleasure driving only.

Thanks Again guys, Mike
The Limited Slip Diff switched in 2010, which played a role in me somewhat settling for the 2010. It is a major upgrade imo.
Old 12-30-17, 08:27 PM
FlexedLEX
Rookie

Originally Posted by tas02

If you read my entire post I made it clear why I didnt wait... which were enough to swing the balance.A truly mint condition car and under 30k out the door.
Old 12-30-17, 08:34 PM
FlexedLEX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Lmao! Good catch, lol.
I'm just not understanding people "settling" for something they're gunna keep for years and years just to save a thousand or 2. That's not any money at all over a year or 2.... really not any money period. Doesn't make sense. Pay for what you want. If you can't afford to buy a better, lower mileage car when ultimately that's what you want, you shouldn't be trying to own this car. The car (condition wise) will go straight downhill if you shortcut on cost when BUYING the car. Not a cheap car to own if you're dailying the car. That's why people don't want cars that have had 3 to 4 or 5 owners. The more owners, usually the latter ones truly can't afford the car/maintenance/upkeep. All the post lately about "deals", and "that car is priced $2k too high" is rediculious. If you find a car you like, the color and mileage you want, buy it. 1-2-3k shouldn't stop you.
Rant over, lol

V.
It’s usually more than 1-2-3 thousand... try 5-8k along with supply and demand of ISF’s nearby where you live in my scenario. That can be a significant enough change when you finance a car. Not all of us can drop 35 k cash on a car, but we can still finance /maintain and modify a vehicle well within our budgets.A 2010 and earlier ISF is still a phenomenal vehicle.
Old 12-30-17, 09:08 PM
BlckGhst
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

it seems like most of the ISF's I've been looking for the last year are all close to 80-100K Miles including the 2011 and up models
Nothing wrong with 100k miles if maintained. And its a Toyota, not some German junk. Bought my 2011 with 93k miles with a lot of maintenance done (spark plugs, differential fluid, battery, brakes all the way around, 2 new tires, valley plate leak repaired which was a huge plus), all recalls done. Only thing I did so far is change the transmission fluid myself. Drove it 1000 miles this past weekend without a hiccup. The original owner of a vehicle isnt always the only one who will take good care of it

Be open to higher mileage cars, and deal with a good honest seller who knew about maintenance, and you will find the right vehicle. You can also check a vehicle's service history on the Lexus website

Last edited by BlckGhst; 12-30-17 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-30-17, 10:06 PM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

Thank again for all the information!

My gut feeling is tell me to wait. I'm sure if this was a 2010 it would be in my garage by now lol. I think the LSD upgrade would be a big upgrade considering is a rear wheel drive V8.

I should mention I live in Canada. The ISF's for sale at a time here are a 1/4 on what for sale in the US. If I lived in the US I would have had my ISF by now........ LOL

I remember in the beginning of this summer I seen a mint condition 2010 with again low mileage in ultra sonic blue with tinted windows and no mods done. I didn't know much about the car back then, but now I'm kicking myself in the *** not even going to see it. Apparently the car was for sale forever but the day I called the dealer inquiring about it they said it was sold! lesson leaned!

I guess for now ill have fun with my IS 350 until the right ISF pops up for me.
Old 12-30-17, 10:12 PM
FlexedLEX
Rookie

Thank again for all the information!

My gut feeling is tell me to wait. I'm sure if this was a 2010 it would be in my garage by now lol. I think the LSD upgrade would be a big upgrade considering is a rear wheel drive V8.

I should mention I live in Canada. The ISF's for sale at a time here are a 1/4 on what for sale in the US. If I lived in the US I would have had my ISF by now........ LOL

I remember in the beginning of this summer I seen a mint condition 2010 with again low mileage in ultra sonic blue with tinted windows and no mods done. I didn't know much about the car back then, but now I'm kicking myself in the *** not even going to see it. Apparently the car was for sale forever but the day I called the dealer inquiring about it they said it was sold! lesson leaned!

I guess for now ill have fun with my IS 350 until the right ISF pops up for me.
Have you considered flying out to the states for the right car? I totally understand how supply in Canada could be much less.
Old 12-30-17, 10:37 PM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

I would actually fly anywhere in Canada to get one I like. But purchasing one from the US would kill me with the exchange rate being so high right now. That's the problem....
Old 12-30-17, 10:41 PM
JETMIKE007
Rookie

What year were the ISF's produced? I thought it was only 08-13, but once and a while I see a few 14's time to time. Seems like not to many 14's were produced.

Quick Reply: 2009 is f!!! Or do i wait???