IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Fair price for 08 USB ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 12:24 PM
FlexedLEX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc3dreamin
For those of you wondering I did find a car, I decided it made sense to look for a 2011+ for all the upgrades over the 08s since I most likely would have ended up dumping a lot of money into an 08 to upgrade to a LSD diff, coil overs, LED headlights, etc etc, things that come stock in the 11 so it just wouldnt make much sense to buy the 08 for me.

Luckily I was able to find a 2011 for a reasonable price, basically same price as the 08 I was looking at with a few more miles, clean title with history of maintenance done at lexus dealer so I thought it was a good trade off, unfortunately its across the country so will take some time to get shipped over to me. I will post some pics when it comes in.
Congrats! and that’s a pretty good deal.
Old 01-01-18, 02:09 PM
behnammavi
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the one was in sell in Washington state?
Old 01-01-18, 02:15 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by behnammavi
Is the one was in sell in Washington state?
yes it is.
Old 01-01-18, 02:18 PM
behnammavi
Rookie

Good deal. If you want I can send you carfax for it. That’s a car I messaged you about. Got cash out to buy the car but seller sold it to dealer. Car has headers , hks exhaust and intake if you don’t know .
Old 01-01-18, 02:23 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Good deal. If you want I can send you carfax for it. That’s a car I messaged you about. Got cash out to buy the car but seller sold it to dealer. Car has headers , hks exhaust and intake if you don’t know .
haha small world, I was wondering if it was the same car, the carfax was on their site so I have it but I appreciate that, looked pretty solid, had a bunch of the big service checks done at a large lexus dealer it looked like, no accidents. I saw the intake, did not know about the headers but thats awesome, now I dont have to spend thousands on them.
Old 01-01-18, 02:32 PM
behnammavi
Rookie

Yeah exhaust is plus also.
Old 01-01-18, 02:43 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Yeah exhaust is plus also.
yea, for sure, that HKS exhaust system is like 2500-3k it looks like, but from the pictures looks like factory tips, so maybe its just the headers and center section with factory mufflers and tips?

Last edited by sc3dreamin; 01-01-18 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-02-18, 12:04 AM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

27,850 and 91k miles

it's a USB with black interior
So, a grand less than the 2008 USB/white for a 2011 USB/black, with 23k more miles. It seems your ultimate purchase was in line with the prevailing point of view in this thread. Glad you got the car you wanted. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Ken.
Old 01-02-18, 06:29 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KJH
So, a grand less than the 2008 USB/white for a 2011 USB/black, with 23k more miles. It seems your ultimate purchase was in line with the prevailing point of view in this thread. Glad you got the car you wanted. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Ken.

Yea basically, I figured it was a good trade off and being a lexus, im not overly concerned with miles if the cars been maintained which this one has a full service history from 0-85k miles at lexus dealerships. I could have waited and waited and maybe found a better deal but im too impatient to wait around for a year to save a few grand but that seemed silly

personally I think a 2011 with 90k miles is a better deal than a 2008 at 70k miles which is why I went the way I did

Last edited by sc3dreamin; 01-02-18 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-02-18, 11:41 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Good deal for the 2011. No way, I can pay THAT much for a hi-po car with that much mileage. Is all the stuff is good standing (brakes, tires, suspension)
Old 01-02-18, 12:55 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ninten5
Good deal for the 2011. No way, I can pay THAT much for a hi-po car with that much mileage. Is all the stuff is good standing (brakes, tires, suspension)

Lol yea...unfortunately that seems to be the going rate or higher for these cars. made more sense than paying a few grand less for an 08 with the same miles anyways with all the upgrades in a 2011.

a 400hp NA V8 isnt anything crazy and its a toyota product so you know reliability is always top notch, modern vehicles have no issue going hundreds of thousands of miles when maintained properly so im not worried about that at all

I havent got the car yet but from what ive seen the car was maintained very well, every 5k miles at lexus for oil change, scheduled services, tires, brakes, etc. Im not overly concerned as I typically work on my own cars so chaning some rotors and pads wont kill me
Old 01-03-18, 10:40 AM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

Lol yea...unfortunately that seems to be the going rate or higher for these cars. made more sense than paying a few grand less for an 08 with the same miles anyways with all the upgrades in a 2011.

a 400hp NA V8 isnt anything crazy and its a toyota product so you know reliability is always top notch, modern vehicles have no issue going hundreds of thousands of miles when maintained properly so im not worried about that at all

I havent got the car yet but from what ive seen the car was maintained very well, every 5k miles at lexus for oil change, scheduled services, tires, brakes, etc. Im not overly concerned as I typically work on my own cars so chaning some rotors and pads wont kill me
O I see, in that case that is a solid deal. I unfortunately don't work on my cars so paying $100-130/hr labor stings a bit. Only thing I want from the '11 is the headlights and that's it but maaad jealous of that color man. It really is one of a kind.

Also, I gotta learn to be more patient when buying sports cars during the winters.
Old 01-03-18, 11:02 AM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ninten5
O I see, in that case that is a solid deal. I unfortunately don't work on my cars so paying $100-130/hr labor stings a bit. Only thing I want from the '11 is the headlights and that's it but maaad jealous of that color man. It really is one of a kind.

Also, I gotta learn to be more patient when buying sports cars during the winters.
Yea, thats true, def get hit hard if you drop it at lexus with an open check book. I didnt realize there was so many changes but the more I learned the more I wanted the 2011+. The LED headlights def help bring a 08 car and make it look 5 years newer.

And for sure, that blue was 100% a must for me, amazing color.
Old 01-04-18, 10:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

If you have a Lexus for sale, post it in the classifieds. Any post selling anything in the main forums will be deleted with extreme prejudice.
Old 02-18-18, 02:12 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Quick Reply: Fair price for 08 USB ISF?