IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Think the stealership is trying to screw me..

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-17, 08:13 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Like several folks have stated earlier it's always good to have a good repore with your dealership I've been dealing with the same guys for over 10 years I've owned 3 Lexus now and I have sent over dozens people to buy Lexus vehicles from them. Not only have they taken care of me to the point where even though my car is out of warranty they usually give me a break on the price of any job that I bring to them. I've actually had them installed headers for four different CL members and they quoted all four guys less than what the job should have been as well as various other aftermarket parts. They've always looked out for me I've bought them continuous business and they intern have looked out for me whenever they can which is usually 90% of the time.
Old 10-15-17, 08:23 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Like several folks have stated earlier it's always good to have a good repore with your dealership I've been dealing with the same guys for over 10 years I've owned 3 Lexus now and I have sent over dozens people to buy Lexus vehicles from them. Not only have they taken care of me to the point where even though my car is out of warranty they usually give me a break on the price of any job that I bring to them. I've actually had them installed headers for four different CL members and they quoted all four guys less than what the job should have been as well as various other aftermarket parts. They've always looked out for me I've bought them continuous business and they intern have looked out for me whenever they can which is usually 90% of the time.
Same here, know someone that drove to our dealer to get a 1/4 price header install of what his local shops were asking.. his lexus dealer wouldn't touch it so we should appreciate the cool ones that we have. .Like I said in the prior post I think its more driven by the management group that owns the dealer(s) on how important profit is vs keeping certain customers happy. The F owners at the dealers here are treated very very very well.
Old 10-16-17, 07:25 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah...well I'm cool with everyone there except now the supervisor...which to be honest...he can eat a d***. He was trying to screw me and trying to use the fact I had an exhaust and a HPS intake tube with stock air box as the reason why my car was giving me issues. He was trying to take advantage and thought I was stupid. Does anyone know if I can buy an extended warranty after this one expires in December?
Old 10-16-17, 07:59 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With all the mods you have, aftermarket warranty is not gonna help as they can void the entire warranty. Read the coverage fine prints before buying one.

Originally Posted by kings222
Yeah...well I'm cool with everyone there except now the supervisor...which to be honest...he can eat a d***. He was trying to screw me and trying to use the fact I had an exhaust and a HPS intake tube with stock air box as the reason why my car was giving me issues. He was trying to take advantage and thought I was stupid. Does anyone know if I can buy an extended warranty after this one expires in December?
Old 10-17-17, 09:09 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by avgj0F
With all the mods you have, aftermarket warranty is not gonna help as they can void the entire warranty. Read the coverage fine prints before buying one.

well i can put the stock intake back on and swap the exhaust and itd be worth buying one again if its even something i can do. having an exhaust+intake tube < warranty
Old 10-18-17, 08:25 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Also...I just read my extended warranty paperwork. Not only did I find out my deductible is $50 and they’ve been charging me $100 every single time I’ve taken it In (over 10 times in 3 years) but also I had a quick question for you guys.

Ive got the platinum extended warranty...since my deductible is $50 should I even be forced to pay a diagnosis fee of $150? From my understanding...if my deductible is $50 that’s the most I should ever pay unless it’s for something outside of my warranty...which every single thing that’s been done on my car has been covered under warranty. I’ve never once had something fixed outside of warranty because the warranty I have practically covers everything except standard upkeep like oil changes or batteries etc.

if that’s the case would I have to contact Lexus corporate or the service manager?

thanks everyone
Old 10-19-17, 02:34 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Good luck just remember it always comes down to attitude.
Old 10-19-17, 07:56 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by isfvss
Good luck just remember it always comes down to attitude.

It's hard to have a good attitude when you find out you've been getting screwed by the dealer for the last 3 years...and than to have the supervisor get mad at me because i didnt want to pay a diagnostic fee of $300.

For anyone who cares... I called the warranty which is through Toyota and found out from them the MOST I should ever pay is $50...no diagnostic fee.

Pretty much the dealer owes me like $2,000 or so since I've been over charged $200 at least 10 times in 3 years.
Old 10-19-17, 08:26 AM
sclui56
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Platinum has different deductible levels to differentiate the cost of contract, so if you bought the $50 deductible plan, then I would imagine they overcharged you. As for diagnostic charge, I was under the impression that they only charge the fee if the customer chose not to have the repair done, but otherwise it would be part of the repair cost, which for the most part is covered by the extended warranty. Be interested to know what they tell you.
Old 10-19-17, 02:54 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Warranty would only be voided if the aftermarket parts caused the problem. Warranty cannot be voided if you put on an intake and your left rear strut blows. I know it's not the case here just giving an example.
Old 10-19-17, 03:37 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

With or without warranty, how come one wants to keep the vehicle without selling/tading it in. . I hate going to a dealership. Less visit is better for me. Unless vehicle is a lemon, all issues small or big should've been taken care of during factory warranty period. One reason I don't keep any vehicle too long past factory warranty. Car is just
like a BIG appliance with fast depreciating value. Not really an asset like one's dwelling.
Old 10-19-17, 09:17 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

An Aftermarket Warranty can deny a repair claim on the car has aftermarket part, which totally is unrelated to the repair. They can even void the entire warranty. In your scenario, yes, a typical aftermarket warranty would do as such if they send an inspector/claim adjuster. It doesn't have to comply with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which applies to only the Factory Warranty.

While there are thousands of aftermarket warranty companies out there, I highly doubted if there is a mods-friendly contract. Like I said, read the fine prints.

Originally Posted by Lmood
Warranty would only be voided if the aftermarket parts caused the problem. Warranty cannot be voided if you put on an intake and your left rear strut blows. I know it's not the case here just giving an example.

Last edited by avgj0F; 10-19-17 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-19-17, 09:24 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Bring in your warranty contract and invoices you paid over the years. Escalate it to the GM or small claims court if it's a last resort. Do a research on the small claims court thingy before heading to the dealer.

Report back, and good luck!

Originally Posted by kings222
It's hard to have a good attitude when you find out you've been getting screwed by the dealer for the last 3 years...and than to have the supervisor get mad at me because i didnt want to pay a diagnostic fee of $300.

For anyone who cares... I called the warranty which is through Toyota and found out from them the MOST I should ever pay is $50...no diagnostic fee.

Pretty much the dealer owes me like $2,000 or so since I've been over charged $200 at least 10 times in 3 years.
Old 10-30-17, 10:47 PM
sclui56
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want to clarify the Lexus extended warranty situation – I have the platinum on the LX-570 and went into WH Lexus today because the SRS warning was on and the front passenger seatbelt warning was blinking. I suspected the seat belt tensioner.

I was given an estimate of $150 for diagnostic. Which is not chargeable to the customer if the repair is under warranty and that the repair is performed. I was told that the only time the $150 becomes billable to the customer is 1. The customer opted not to have the repair perform or 2. The fault is not covered by the extended warranty, otherwise, the repair is fully covered (less deductible depending on the plan), in my case, it was $0.