Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Cant be mad at this choice at all, congrats man. I know this will be a fun car
The following users liked this post:
I8ABMR (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 03:38 PM
Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

nice pick up! did you keep the parts from the F at least to sell and get new part for the new ride? lol
I8ABMR (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 04:44 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

NOOO!!! You'll be greatly missed... true loss to CLF -- Nice car!
I8ABMR (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 05:04 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats is it a Purchase or Lease on the ZL-1?
I8ABMR (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 05:09 PM
305is350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, tuned for your first video at the track!
I8ABMR (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 08:57 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Cool car. Congrats.
I8ABMR (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 10:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
Enjoy it is a track monster but its still a Camaro, don't compare it with the LFA, stay in touch I'm sure you will track it cheers.
Im done with the fan boiism man. The ZL1 is a faster car or matches the LFA in every objective measurement. Sorry mate. The lowly Camaro will best a 400k super car from 6 years ago NO PROBLEM. You might want to look at the ring times, lighting lap times and the standard sports car measurements. I don't care about carbon tubs, carbon fiber body panels and a decade of development. I'm not collecting cars . I'm looking for a daily drivable track car and for less than 70k!? Crazy how about we compare it the RCF ? No chance .....
Originally Posted by Vervish
That thing is a beast! Congrats!
Thanks man. Its absolutely going to take some time to get used to the power
Originally Posted by Diesel350
Congrats man!! What an amazing beast. You won't have to worry about doing any mods with that car. Is this going to just be a track car or will you be using it as a daily driver also?
Turn key track car and daily driver. The dealer even has track alignment specs and street specs. Shes ready out of the box.
Originally Posted by ISF2NV
I'm not too happy with your decision making, I would have gone for the 1LE option for future collector status. Im also not sure if you'll achieve the same feat of no breakdowns in as many track days and same time frame. I'm only j/k congrats to you and the new beast hope you have manny happy miles with this beast. A friend of mine and I we were just discussing the other day what would be our choice as a factory ready track weapon for reasonable $ and the zl1 1le came to my mind also the new m2 CS which will be an instant classic with only 150 avail. On another note please come back and provide feedback with your GM experience. Im not sure who will replace your brand ambassador on this forum I think we need to have an Election.
The 1LE was only 6k more when we did the numbers, BUT I wanted the 10 speed. rowing through gears on a track is old school and slower unless your Randy Pobst and in that test it was .3 seconds. So many factors could affect that. Every other test shows its faster than the 6 speed ZL1 and the GT350R. I will report back !

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell-photo296.jpg   Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell-photo127.jpg   Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell-photo719.jpg   Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell-photo164.jpg   Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell-photo945.jpg  

Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell-photo576.jpg   Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell-photo852.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 09-26-17 at 10:30 PM.
LexusfanVA (09-28-17)
Old 09-26-17, 10:29 PM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Freaking amazing man, you are going to love that car to death! I hope it stays rock solid, we are really spoiled by Lexus reliability, but honestly all that performance you are getting is beyond worth it. Hope to see some track vids soon man!
Old 09-26-17, 10:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eedo123
Freaking amazing man, you are going to love that car to death! I hope it stays rock solid, we are really spoiled by Lexus reliability, but honestly all that performance you are getting is beyond worth it. Hope to see some track vids soon man!
I feel the same way. When I saw all the tech, infotainment, the suspension , the brakes, the exhaust I honestly was amazed.........but in a good way and a bad way. I was amazed by the tech and the car, but also amazed that I had my head so far up Lexus' *** I couldn't see what I was missing. Holy sheet is Lexus behind in the power game. The NA motors sound amazing but they are torqueless. Chevy managed to go FI and still keep the sound. I know Lexus has a 4 liter twin turbo motor in the works and will be in the new LCF and LSF but its too little too late and for how much? For 70k you are comparing the RCF and the ZL1. Who the hell would buy an RCF after driving this thing ? Im being totally objective .........youd have to be INSANE, a fanboy ( which I was ) or really into loaner cars and nice dealer waiting areas with free coffee lol
Old 09-26-17, 10:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
Cant be mad at this choice at all, congrats man. I know this will be a fun car
Thanks man. Im looking forward to getting it on the track. Clear bra STAT !!! lol

Originally Posted by Jondls33
nice pick up! did you keep the parts from the F at least to sell and get new part for the new ride? lol
traded it with everything but have a 2011 suspension with 3000 miles on it, 2010 wheels , and a stock exhaust I need to sell

Originally Posted by bbong
NOOO!!! You'll be greatly missed... true loss to CLF -- Nice car!
Bro !! Thanks so much man. Ill poke back in every now and then to say hello. You can follow me on Youtube at i8abmr. Im already doing VLOGS on the ZL1
Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Congrats is it a Purchase or Lease on the ZL-1?
its American so lease lol
Originally Posted by 305is350
Congrats, tuned for your first video at the track!
Im going to take her to Wild Horse Pass soon. Need a clear bra
Originally Posted by Isfast
Cool car. Congrats.
Thanks buddy
Old 09-26-17, 11:25 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

i still remember your video about having all the power with luxury and a 4 door sedan, i guess your kids wont enjoy a ride on daddy's car anymore.

enjoy the power on the new car
Old 09-27-17, 05:58 AM
HankMoody
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Care to share lease details ? This is my next car, either Hyper Blue or White..
Old 09-27-17, 06:58 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

We all get it that the ZL1 is FAR faster than the ISF/LC500/RCF. It's supposed to be with a motor like that supercharged. In all honesty, the ISF supercharged would top all of those performance numbers of the ZL1.....guys (non professionals) are running 11.2s in the 1/4 at 129+ with supercharged ISFs. Honestly think the ISF/LFA, etc are better looking vehicles as well (although I do admit that the ZL1 is the 1st Camaro I actually approved the looks of).
One more thing, I work on cars/car electronics, and take apart cars for a living and let me tell you that the Camaro and Lexus' are on 2 different levels as far as luxury and quality on the inside (things you can't see). But obviously you, and everyone else knows that.... because obviously you can't have luxury, quality and the performance figures of the ZL1 for $65k brand new (or $400/month in a lease like your case).
Ton of power, super fast (super car type speeds) but you'll see why sooner than later why the car is so cheap. BUT, like you said, you were smart and leased it😋! You'll be giving it back probably before you find out why it so cheap and you'll be driving off with a 2020 ZL1, lol.
Have fun with it!

V.
Old 09-27-17, 07:55 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Would never think you would had went Chevy but the new ZL1 is a amazing car! Keep us posted if you can. I love and enjoy every video you posted. Cheers old buddy!
Old 09-27-17, 08:19 AM
5ltrv8
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree with Vitveet, you can slap an RR racing supercharger on the ISF with a aggressive r comp tire and beat the zl1 times handily. Another point that anyone that has been to the track is well aware of is this; track times have almost as much to do with the driver as it does with the cars performance. At my last track day at MidOhio I was faster than many cars that my relatively stock 2013 ISF on stock Bridgstones shouldn’t compete with on paper( Ferrari F430, C7 Z06, 2017 911 Turbo, etc.). It’s all relative in the end and if you love the zL1, you don’t have to justify your purchase to anyone😄. I personally really like the ZL1 and hope you enjoy ownership!

Quick Reply: Lexus isf to camaro zl1....a farewell