IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF to Type R

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-17, 02:19 PM
aznpg
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ljdsong
lol, now they have the oil cooler available in a coming week.
yeah evasive teamed up with greddy to make a oil cooler and better intercooler for the ctr. they had pictures posted up last week or so.

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
No kidding right! I had a 95 civic. Swapped in fully built N/A ITR motor. That was a fun car to drive! Can't tell you how many mustang owners were scratching their heads... lol.
haha same here. i went y7 turbo-y8 turbo-b16-gsr-gsr turbo-k20-k20 turbo. all motors left many domestic and euro owners wondering wtf happened. till this day my k20 turbo with vtec and boost hitting at the same time still scares me. took down vipers down pch like nothing
Old 09-04-17, 02:48 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

I think a lot of us came from or grew up with Honda's. I myself got a 94 GSR and drove it for around 10 years until it got stolen. Had blue printed and balanced bottom end, CTR oversized pistons, P&P head, supertech valvetrain, skunk2 stage 2 cams, manifold, rmf header, ITR LSD, etc etc etc with some Work RSZ-R wheels. Loved the car but told myself if it were to ever get stolen, I'd never get back in the honda scene. The new CTR has had a lot of great reviews and there's a lot of buzz around it on honda-tech. I'm really interested in driving one soon just to see what Honda has done with this car.
Old 09-04-17, 04:20 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Hopefully Honda put forged internals in the motor to let the aftermarket work with the motor and possibly a bigger turbo??...
Old 09-04-17, 04:47 PM
aznpg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I think a lot of us came from or grew up with Honda's. I myself got a 94 GSR and drove it for around 10 years until it got stolen. Had blue printed and balanced bottom end, CTR oversized pistons, P&P head, supertech valvetrain, skunk2 stage 2 cams, manifold, rmf header, ITR LSD, etc etc etc with some Work RSZ-R wheels. Loved the car but told myself if it were to ever get stolen, I'd never get back in the honda scene. The new CTR has had a lot of great reviews and there's a lot of buzz around it on honda-tech. I'm really interested in driving one soon just to see what Honda has done with this car.
damn thats a nice setup. yeah stolen hondas is still an issue. but not as bad as like 4yrs ago in southern california. now its pretty rare or u live in a very crappy neighborhood. i keep my civic hatch in the garage and my isf blocking the garage at night lol
Old 09-05-17, 11:08 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice colors!

I love the type r's, one thing Ill always miss is the Honda manual trannies over the 8speed in the Isf any day (even in traffic).

I could already see the honda surpassing 400whp with bolt ons, e85, and easy tuning capabilities plus the weight advantage it already has over our cars.
Old 09-05-17, 03:25 PM
aznpg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by k20trick
Nice colors!

I love the type r's, one thing Ill always miss is the Honda manual trannies over the 8speed in the Isf any day (even in traffic).

I could already see the honda surpassing 400whp with bolt ons, e85, and easy tuning capabilities plus the weight advantage it already has over our cars.
i don't miss my honda tranny at all. lsv with cams and si tranny. lol. 4500rpm going 75 hahahaha. the reson y its a track car and not a dd anymore.
Old 09-05-17, 09:10 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Most, if not all, of Honda's newer transmissions mated to a K Series are butter smooth in my experience. Would be nice to drive a CTR.
Old 09-06-17, 07:03 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I really want to try the CTR. Maybe in a few years when the hype settles down, I'll make a trip to the used car lot and test drive it. lol.
Old 09-06-17, 07:21 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by aznpg
i don't miss my honda tranny at all. lsv with cams and si tranny. lol. 4500rpm going 75 hahahaha. the reson y its a track car and not a dd anymore.
Really? Assumming your talking about ls vtec integra with cams, thats not an aggressive setup. With that trans an exedy stage 1 clutch should suffice and still be a very nicely shifting transmission. It would be nice to be able to wind out the gears with the above setup.

Originally Posted by GSteg
I really want to try the CTR. Maybe in a few years when the hype settles down, I'll make a trip to the used car lot and test drive it. lol.
Their kind of stingy, as they are sold even before arrival. You can catch one at the right time and try to test it at the dealership though it would probably be hard to do so.
Old 09-06-17, 10:10 AM
jdmran
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by calteg
I was secretly hoping this was going to be an ITR
tricked me too! but nice CTR! Saw it at the Auto Show last year and was impressed, definitely the most aggressive Civic from the factory.
Old 09-06-17, 11:08 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

This R make me excited every day im more inclined to track this R than my SC F. I encourage you guys to test drive if you can. Its worth driving it. We are so lucky to get this for only 2500k ADM. We called every dealership nationwide but the lowest 5k ADM. Waited for about a month luckily we got it 1.5hours drive from home. And the best thing we got the color that we wanted.
Old 09-06-17, 11:42 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, reading this thread made me all nostalgic for a manual transmission again.

Very nice gift for your son. Hope he drives it responsibly...!
Old 09-06-17, 03:19 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Would love to own one of these since I come from the itr background Only thing that worries me is how will I look driving a car made for the younger crowd lol hell ill be judged when soon enough in a few years ill turn 40 and I pull up to the track in one of the dc2R's that im keeping for my son thats only 3. Good to see alot of folks driving the isf came from the honda corps lots of s2k owners I bet too. And honda did a great job with this car i hear the cars rear can actually rotate out of corners.
Old 09-06-17, 05:46 PM
aznpg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by k20trick
Really? Assumming your talking about ls vtec integra with cams, thats not an aggressive setup. With that trans an exedy stage 1 clutch should suffice and still be a very nicely shifting transmission. It would be nice to be able to wind out the gears with the above setup.
yes i can wind out the gears at any moment because its soo short. yup not an aggressive setup at all. actually have a act prolite flywheel and exedy oem clutch(doesnt slip surprisingly lol). whenever i drive my hatch i literally wind out each gear on the fwy and 1-2 on the street. but the car is basically a track car for honda ff challenge. its fully gutted except for the dash and 2 front seats.
Old 09-06-17, 05:49 PM
aznpg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Would love to own one of these since I come from the itr background Only thing that worries me is how will I look driving a car made for the younger crowd lol hell ill be judged when soon enough in a few years ill turn 40 and I pull up to the track in one of the dc2R's that im keeping for my son thats only 3. Good to see alot of folks driving the isf came from the honda corps lots of s2k owners I bet too. And honda did a great job with this car i hear the cars rear can actually rotate out of corners.
the younger crowd doesn't have the money for the new ctr. unless mommy and daddy buys it for them. its not like the older generations of egs and eks where when we were younger were able to buy it quite easily

Quick Reply: ISF to Type R