IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

First Supercharged RR Racing GSF

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-17, 10:30 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default First Supercharged RR Racing GSF

Rafi, stated the car made 550whp on a very hot and humid day in PA.
On normal day with 93 pump gas should produce between 560whp and 570whp. Exciting news for the GSF owners and lexus community in general. Based on all the reviews I've read and seen on YouTube and other social media as well as the time I spent behind wheel, the only thing the GSF truly needed was additional horsepower and now has it. So many reviewers stated how well sorted out of car GSF is, that many preferred it to M5. The only thing that GSF lacked was additional hp of its German rival's, well now for those who want it that additional hp it's there for the taking.
Old 08-02-17, 10:59 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Very nice! I agree 100% on the More Power comment I know I could use it I would love a S/C is ��
Old 08-02-17, 07:10 PM
eaglclon12
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw this car in person at RR racing a couple of days ago while getting my Header intake and tune installed. It was beautiful. Rafi and his crew was awesome. Thanks RR racing! Love the added HP.
Old 08-03-17, 04:53 PM
fstpassat
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

AWD dyno? Does the GSF get pissed if the front wheels are stationary?

great numbers.
Old 08-04-17, 06:03 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

F10 M5 makes over 600whp with a $450 BMS stage 1 tune and exhaust. Bang for your buck is in favor for the M5 outside of buying each new which the BMW is going to cost more. But no right minded person buys a 100k car new and takes a 40k depreciation in two years lol.
Old 08-04-17, 07:56 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
F10 M5 makes over 600whp with a $450 BMS stage 1 tune and exhaust. Bang for your buck is in favor for the M5 outside of buying each new which the BMW is going to cost more. But no right minded person buys a 100k car new and takes a 40k depreciation in two years lol.
You'd be surprised.....
Some people out here make $40,000 a week....so loosing it over 2 years doesn't matter much to them.

V.
Old 08-04-17, 08:46 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
You'd be surprised.....
Some people out here make $40,000 a week....so loosing it over 2 years doesn't matter much to them.

V.

I wish! Having dealt with hundreds of F owners, whether RCF/GSF/ISF... most don't even make $4000 a week. That said, most BMW M owners don't, as it is a fact that the fast majority of M cars are leased, as people stretch their budget to afford one, drive the **** out of it, and then make sure to get rid of it once the warranty is over -- because we all know what happens to BMW's once the warranty is over

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
ttsport15 (08-04-17)
Old 08-04-17, 09:36 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

^^^They depreciate enough we can swoop them up on the cheap and enjoy
ttsport15 (08-04-17)
Old 08-04-17, 11:37 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Yeah I was thinking that the F10 M5 gets dumb fast with a tune, the newer M's are disgusting when it comes to power output

Originally Posted by RRRacing
I wish! Having dealt with hundreds of F owners, whether RCF/GSF/ISF... most don't even make $4000 a week. That said, most BMW M owners don't, as it is a fact that the fast majority of M cars are leased, as people stretch their budget to afford one, drive the **** out of it, and then make sure to get rid of it once the warranty is over -- because we all know what happens to BMW's once the warranty is over

Rafi
Oh I definitely learned the hard way what happens to an M once the warranty is gone, the car started to eat itself. I can laugh about it now but it wasn't funny back then lol
RRRacing (08-08-17)
Old 08-04-17, 12:01 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Rafi
Rafi 100% right the vast majority of M car owners leased. There are few that own most lease. There's cars and coffee I go to. I know 4 owners of new M cars that attend on regular basis, they are great guy's but only 1 of thems owns his M3. The others 2 M4 and 1 M5 lease.
Old 08-05-17, 11:20 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Power is fine, but the GS F doesn't handle nearly as nicely as the IS F with a proper LSD. Not even in the same league. I took both cars around the same turn on the same day and the GS F wallowed in the back going 9 mph slower than the IS F on OEM shocks with 140k+ on them. Sorry, but the GS F is a nice car for what it is (the wife's ride) but it's not an IS F even if it has more power.
Old 08-06-17, 03:17 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

That sounds a bit harsh but you should know , has the GSF got standard bushes ( not like your ISF) and the same tyres, etc. cheers.
Old 08-06-17, 05:34 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
That sounds a bit harsh but you should know , has the GSF got standard bushes ( not like your ISF) and the same tyres, etc. cheers.
Funny you should mention tyres - yes, they both have Michelin PSS 255 fronts and 275 rears, and the IS F also has the wider wheels to accommodate the wider tyres. The GS F rear wallows when you push it at street speeds. The IS F never has, even with the OEM everything the first time I took it to the track. Maybe the GS F behaves better as you get closer to the limits, but approaching them doesn't inspire the same confidence as the IS F does.

True the GS F does not have the front end bushings I have on my IS F, nor does it have the differential bushings I have on my IS F, but the IS F has really old and tired shocks which would make me tend to expect it to be more likely to wallow and float, but it doesn't.

I also stay on top of my tyre pressures. I use a Longacre digital gauge for all the cars in the garage, and I have a calendar reminder to make sure I check them all every month. The GS F has onboard pressure monitoring, so I am quite certain both cars were on properly inflated tyres that day.
Old 08-08-17, 09:28 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is cool and all... but why exactly is it in the ISF forum? Is there not a designated GSF section?
Old 08-08-17, 01:38 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by torxuvin
This is cool and all... but why exactly is it in the ISF forum? Is there not a designated GSF section?
Let me explain to you why I posted this up in the ISF form you are 100% correct their is GSF Forum but many of us here are true car enthusiast, that appreciate all types of cars. Not to mention that several ISF owners have GSF or moved on to GSF but are still active in the ISF forms. Also to give props to RR Racing, a great vendor that is truly dedicated to the Lexus F line of vehicles from the ISF and RCF to GSF. It's also way to pass on information regarding current state of tuning and modding in the Lexus community. So for anyone who has an ISF but may be thinking of owning GSF or perhaps owns GSF letting them know that there are additional tuning solutions that are currently available for the GSF, especially since the ISF forum is the most active of all three models.