IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-17, 02:08 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle body

who makes an upgraded throttle body for the ISF? I can't seem to find any for sale? Please help me locate, post a link.

thanks.
Old 06-19-17, 02:23 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Don't believe there is any. I know RR tried using a tundra? TB but it didn't see any benefit. That was an old thread for the tuned intake I believe.
Old 06-19-17, 02:27 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah I don't think there is an upgraded TB for the ISF
Old 11-15-21, 05:13 AM
FastAF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone ever follow up on this or? Only reason I ask is I came across this --> https://www.topendmotorsports.com/le...rvice-9640.php

Rather curious to hear if anyone has modded/increased from 76mm throttle body and can give any feedback on it?
Old 11-15-21, 05:27 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by FastAF
Did anyone ever follow up on this or? Only reason I ask is I came across this --> https://www.topendmotorsports.com/le...rvice-9640.php

Rather curious to hear if anyone has modded/increased from 76mm throttle body and can give any feedback on it?
I've had one on my RCF and been recently thinking about getting one for the IS-F as well. I can't say for sure if there's enough difference/improvement felt without doing any dyno comparisons. I installed it with a Blitz intake system along with a Suruga Speed intake tube and all those combined, I definitely feel a difference.
The following users liked this post:
FastAF (11-15-21)
Old 11-15-21, 09:26 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Did you read it??
It says, This is a genuine throttle trade-in only product. Requires submitting factory throttle body to LEMS.
I read somewhere @RRRacing reported no significant power increase on ISF with larger diameter TB. Totally cool with the titanium butterfly, I can see some slight improvement in response, but you will be without car for weeks/months if you ship it to LEMS, I am assuming in Japan, unless you have a spare throttle body. Core exchange would have been a better way. Just my thought.
Old 11-15-21, 10:54 AM
FastAF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed, I read it and agree its not ideal without a second car available. With those iCode/LEMS guys being the OG ISF tuners and them saying "Intermediate power and response UP!" + charging a pretty penny for the upgrade service, it does make me wonder just how much gain. If the gain is marginal then it may not be worth the money or the hassle.
I'm guessing not many (if any) folks outside of Japan have rolled the dice and sent off their throttle body for who knows how long...bumping the thread here was a long shot I may end up sussing it out and eventually post the outcome, we'll see.

On a side note Daaaaaayyymn!
BEST sounding ISF ever......imho
Old 11-15-21, 10:59 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Indeed, I read it and agree its not ideal without a second car available. With those iCode/LEMS guys being the OG ISF tuners and them saying "Intermediate power and response UP!" + charging a pretty penny for the upgrade service, it does make me wonder just how much gain. If the gain is marginal then it may not be worth the money or the hassle.
I'm guessing not many (if any) folks outside of Japan have rolled the dice and sent off their throttle body for who knows how long...bumping the thread here was a long shot I may end up sussing it out and eventually post the outcome, we'll see.

On a side note Daaaaaayyymn! https://youtu.be/CYYzi7SI4Mo BEST sounding ISF ever......imho
FWIW, I sent my core through my contact in Japan and got it back in about 3 weeks.

The following users liked this post:
FastAF (11-15-21)
Old 11-15-21, 11:51 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
Did you read it??
It says, This is a genuine throttle trade-in only product. Requires submitting factory throttle body to LEMS.
I read somewhere @RRRacing reported no significant power increase on ISF with larger diameter TB. Totally cool with the titanium butterfly, I can see some slight improvement in response, but you will be without car for weeks/months if you ship it to LEMS, I am assuming in Japan, unless you have a spare throttle body. Core exchange would have been a better way. Just my thought.

Rossi, that's right we did testing a while back, very minor gains. This was with a much larger RCF throttlebody, our tuned intake, headers, exhaust, and the intake manifold was ported to match the larger throttlebody.

Rafi

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 3 users liked this post by RRRacing:
21ce (11-15-21), FastAF (11-15-21), WhyHateTho (11-16-21)