IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New ISF world record!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-17, 05:09 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats, what 17" wheels r u running?

and can u elaborate on your driveshaft mod for us noobs?
Old 06-07-17, 05:28 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Defratos

Tires:
http://www.mandhtires.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=150#.WTia14UTHYU
Rims:
http://www.motegiracing.com/wheel/4431/mr118

Last edited by Bakewalk; 06-07-17 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-07-17, 05:30 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Defratos

A drive shaft hoop is manditory for anyone running full drag slicks. It's just in case you snap the drive shaft, it won't fly all over the place and do a **** ton of damage.
Old 06-08-17, 05:53 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

How are you running faster than a 11.49 without the mandatory roll bar? Even Mission Raceway requires it, thus why the push for go fast parts in my daily driver has sort of subsided a bit. I will do the standard bolt ons, but forced induction doesn't seem as necessary anymore seeing as I can't even run it to its full potential
Old 06-08-17, 09:52 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Good times but DA corrected doesn't really count the slip is what it is. I spent a lot of times on the Supra forums when I had my turbo IS and they didn't even like records that weren't set in competition i.e. Track rental situations.

I mean I ran low 12.2@116.xx on street tires but didn't bother to correct it for DA
Old 06-09-17, 05:03 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice time. Great to see those 17" slicks hook up on our cars.

Thanks for sharing the pic of your drive shaft safety hoop. Is the base plate attached to the transmission?
Old 06-10-17, 11:28 AM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FFM
How are you running faster than a 11.49 without the mandatory roll bar? Even Mission Raceway requires it, thus why the push for go fast parts in my daily driver has sort of subsided a bit. I will do the standard bolt ons, but forced induction doesn't seem as necessary anymore seeing as I can't even run it to its full potential
This was the first time I broke 11.50 so they can't tell me to stop if they don't know I'm gonna do it.
Old 06-10-17, 11:29 AM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tas02
Nice time. Great to see those 17" slicks hook up on our cars.

Thanks for sharing the pic of your drive shaft safety hoop. Is the base plate attached to the transmission?
no, it is only attached to the bracket that is mounted near my exhaust pipes you see in the 2nd picture.
Old 06-12-17, 08:29 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats!

P.S: I'm attempting to break the world record of the lowest miles 2013.....only time will tell. LMAO.
Old 06-12-17, 05:25 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Congrats!

P.S: I'm attempting to break the world record of the lowest miles 2013.....only time will tell. LMAO.
i have 27000kms on my 2011 ISF. Does that beat your 2013?
Old 06-13-17, 05:18 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So you set a record based on a computed formula telling you what you would have run if the DA was different !? I'm not trying to be a jerk and I think it's great that you ran a good time with a great 60' but to call that a record and have that huge headline as a post title is a bit much. I'm not sure how long you have been drag racing or involved in sports in general but real world results are all that get recorded. If we were using DA calculators for everything then they better go back and rewrite the E.T.s for all the old muscle cars that didn't have an app to better there time....maybe this could even change the running results in the olympics! Imagine how much better Usain Bolt could do if the temp was perfect and the oxygen was just right, lets correct his times.

I'm just keeping it real here. I understand that you're in Canada but guys that want a record hunt for the correct conditions rather then punch them into an app. Drok149 spent more nights then you can imagine at New England drag way chasing the perfect pass to set the N.A. ISF record. He would watch the DA all day long and rush to the track if the weather looked good. Could he have gone on any old night, had a great pass and used a DA calculator? Sure he could but that wouldn't really have been a real world record.
Old 06-13-17, 01:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

CONGRATS BUDDY !!!! This is awesome stuff!!! You should be very proud.
Old 06-14-17, 06:14 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
So you set a record based on a computed formula telling you what you would have run if the DA was different !? I'm not trying to be a jerk and I think it's great that you ran a good time with a great 60' but to call that a record and have that huge headline as a post title is a bit much. I'm not sure how long you have been drag racing or involved in sports in general but real world results are all that get recorded. If we were using DA calculators for everything then they better go back and rewrite the E.T.s for all the old muscle cars that didn't have an app to better there time....maybe this could even change the running results in the olympics! Imagine how much better Usain Bolt could do if the temp was perfect and the oxygen was just right, lets correct his times.

I'm just keeping it real here. I understand that you're in Canada but guys that want a record hunt for the correct conditions rather then punch them into an app. Drok149 spent more nights then you can imagine at New England drag way chasing the perfect pass to set the N.A. ISF record. He would watch the DA all day long and rush to the track if the weather looked good. Could he have gone on any old night, had a great pass and used a DA calculator? Sure he could but that wouldn't really have been a real world record.
^^^ This pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

To the OP, congrats on a monster setup and good job with that 60' time. I look forward to seeing you run again with an optimal DA and hopefully we will see you run a high 10 or super low 11 second uncorrected pass. That would be awesome.
Old 06-15-17, 10:42 AM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gymkata
^^^ This pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

To the OP, congrats on a monster setup and good job with that 60' time. I look forward to seeing you run again with an optimal DA and hopefully we will see you run a high 10 or super low 11 second uncorrected pass. That would be awesome.
this will never happen unfortunately, I live in a place where it is a 14 hour round trip to the closest 1/4 mile track. Since I am Canadian, we have very few 1/4 mile tracks up here, and almost none will ever come close to proper DA.

i understand your concerns and although I can relate and somewhat agree. Some of us will never, ever, have a chance at proper DA to ever make a real pass.
Old 06-15-17, 11:54 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

easy solution is rename as the fastest Canadian ISF! ??

Quick Reply: New ISF world record!