IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A huge honor was shared with me

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-17, 12:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default A huge honor was shared with me

Hey guys, with the 24 Nurburgring race going on this weekend and team NOVEL running their ISF, and Emily Frey and Farbacher racing running RCFGT cars , we have lots of F fans out. I have received some amazing photos . Not the typical racing stuff though. An fellow F junky and friend of mine was at the race this weekend and met Yukihiko Yaguchi. He , for those who don't know, is the Lexus F chief engineer. The guy who developed the ISF you drive. Yaguchi san took some photos and even signed the engine covers for a few guys attending the race!! Just figured I'd share with some of the hardcore F fans. I asked my friend if he could get an autograph for me. Patiently waiting for that message.
Attached Thumbnails A huge honor was shared with me-photo724.jpg   A huge honor was shared with me-photo630.jpg   A huge honor was shared with me-photo400.jpg   A huge honor was shared with me-photo612.jpg   A huge honor was shared with me-photo945.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-28-17 at 02:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2URGSE (06-06-17)
Old 05-28-17, 01:08 PM
jwgorrie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That's amazing! Lucky you!!!
Old 05-28-17, 03:14 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

An autograph would be very cool indeed - a signed engine cover would be AMAZING!
Old 05-28-17, 03:38 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Pretty cool. I got my radio door in my s2000 signed by the chief engineer at a big s2000 event called "S2000 Homecoming". Hundreds of cars would come from across the country to attend. Some even shipped their cars from Hawaii. They would do every couple years at Honda of America in Cali but it's pretty exclusive and hush hush. We got to tour the Honda museum too. Would be cool if someone did it at Toyota for the F cars.
Old 05-28-17, 06:33 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Yaguchi-san is a disappointment to me. I specifically asked for light weight and adjustable alignment as critical features for future F cars. Apparently it fell on deaf ears as the LC series are even more mass, and still have zero adjustability for basic alignment specs. Lexus is not listening, and they're giving away F cars because they are missing the fundamentals. Any time you get 25% off list price, it is a bad day for the manufacturer, and we got our GS F for $66.1k on a $87.7k sticker. Missing the mark. Period.

Glad they made the IS F. At least it's not as critically crippled as the later models.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
5280ISF (05-29-17), bbong (06-05-17)
Old 05-30-17, 07:17 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

^^^Kudo's for not letting Lexus homerism cloud your judgement. I completely agree with you. When people ask about my F, they assume I am a Lexus fan. That is not the case. I am an ISF fan
Old 06-05-17, 01:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jwgorrie
That's amazing! Lucky you!!!
just wanted to share. Thanks bud
Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
An autograph would be very cool indeed - a signed engine cover would be AMAZING!
My buddy , Roman in German who met him told me he has Yachuchi translators number and will see what he can do for an autograph. They will meet every year at the VLN races at the ring so he told me next year to send him whatever I want and he will have Yaguchi San sign it !!
Originally Posted by liquidtek
Pretty cool. I got my radio door in my s2000 signed by the chief engineer at a big s2000 event called "S2000 Homecoming". Hundreds of cars would come from across the country to attend. Some even shipped their cars from Hawaii. They would do every couple years at Honda of America in Cali but it's pretty exclusive and hush hush. We got to tour the Honda museum too. Would be cool if someone did it at Toyota for the F cars.
Thats dope. Passion. Thats what I dig from fellow enthusiasts
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Yaguchi-san is a disappointment to me. I specifically asked for light weight and adjustable alignment as critical features for future F cars. Apparently it fell on deaf ears as the LC series are even more mass, and still have zero adjustability for basic alignment specs. Lexus is not listening, and they're giving away F cars because they are missing the fundamentals. Any time you get 25% off list price, it is a bad day for the manufacturer, and we got our GS F for $66.1k on a $87.7k sticker. Missing the mark. Period.

Glad they made the IS F. At least it's not as critically crippled as the later models.
I see what you're saying but you bought another ( also Im hearing they will do that price only in the winter because they werent moving....congrats btw). So youre saying you wouldnt want to meet the disappointment ? And to top it off....NOBODY HERE DOES ANY TRACK TIME. Seems foolish to even complain in general . Its like a bunch of virgins asking where all the hos are at ( not directing this at you). So it seems like Lexus is building them for the typical owners and not for guys like myself who beat the **** out of them on track. Bottom line is why would they listen when most commute and do car shows? Its what most owners want because most F owners dont do **** with their cars. So....they are on point. Dont ask for changes.....SHOW THEM THAT YOU NEED THEM AND USE THE CAR ON TRACK! This ISF forum is funny and sad at the same time. Everyone is a driver but nobody wants to drive. Im sure you can see it yourself.

Originally Posted by FFM
^^^Kudo's for not letting Lexus homerism cloud your judgement. I completely agree with you. When people ask about my F, they assume I am a Lexus fan. That is not the case. I am an ISF fan
So do you track it ? Do you use it, or is all this just the typical CL talk? BTW people in Japan are tracking the **** out the RCF and GSF. Just saw this this morning on my page
Attached Thumbnails A huge honor was shared with me-photo317.jpg   A huge honor was shared with me-photo89.jpg   A huge honor was shared with me-photo190.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-05-17 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-05-17, 01:57 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

People track ****ty cars all the time, doesn't make it a good one

I kid, but really, I don't base my opinion only on track times. They haven't got the best reviews against the competition, and they are also quite expensive. The fact that Lexus has been having to sell them under MSRP shows how much they missed the mark. Just an opinion.
Old 06-05-17, 02:14 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey guys, with the 24 Nurburgring race going on this weekend and team NOVEL running their ISF, and Emily Frey and Farbacher racing running RCFGT cars , we have lots of F fans out. I have received some amazing photos . Not the typical racing stuff though. An fellow F junky and friend of mine was at the race this weekend and met Yukihiko Yaguchi. He , for those who don't know, is the Lexus F chief engineer. The guy who developed the ISF you drive. Yaguchi san took some photos and even signed the engine covers for a few guys attending the race!! Just figured I'd share with some of the hardcore F fans. I asked my friend if he could get an autograph for me. Patiently waiting for that message.
wow that's pretty dope man!

Originally Posted by lobuxracer

Dam the discount was that huge?! sheesh!
Old 06-05-17, 02:16 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

"I post this thread and lurk and wait for replies. When it seems like no one is commenting on my thread, I reply to the ones I want to bump it back to the top because I'm the only track junky." Hashtag fthetrack 1,000 times on 200 sites in three hours.

Last edited by mahcah; 06-05-17 at 02:39 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by mahcah:
Apexsports (06-05-17), cjblair (06-05-17), flowrider (06-05-17), lobuxracer (06-05-17), M4rk (06-07-17), USB_F (06-05-17) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-05-17, 03:37 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I see what you're saying but you bought another ( also Im hearing they will do that price only in the winter because they werent moving....congrats btw). So youre saying you wouldnt want to meet the disappointment ? And to top it off....NOBODY HERE DOES ANY TRACK TIME. Seems foolish to even complain in general . Its like a bunch of virgins asking where all the hos are at ( not directing this at you). So it seems like Lexus is building them for the typical owners and not for guys like myself who beat the **** out of them on track. Bottom line is why would they listen when most commute and do car shows? Its what most owners want because most F owners dont do **** with their cars. So....they are on point. Dont ask for changes.....SHOW THEM THAT YOU NEED THEM AND USE THE CAR ON TRACK! This ISF forum is funny and sad at the same time. Everyone is a driver but nobody wants to drive. Im sure you can see it yourself.
I think the problem here is you think you're some kind of authority on tracking, when in reality you're a newb (22 trackdays I think I read?) I'm sure there are many of us that have well over 400+ trackdays and/or many years of sanctioned roadracing experience under our belt, but don't feel the need for attention on the subject (after many years of doing it) that you do. Your need to down talk others in the F forum who you perceive as "not tracking their cars" is laughable at best, and just confirms your newb status. We get it, you're enthusiastic about track time, as am I, but you seriously need to check yourself with posts like this. While I'm on the subject, your lines are questionable and your etiquette on track even more so. Sorry, just keeping it real.
Old 06-05-17, 04:44 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

You don't have to track the ISF to appreciate the engineering that has been designed into this car, i have driven and been driven by a professional race driver around a few tracks and I am still in awe at the level of difference in a amateur V professional driver. Sorry back to the topic you are very lucky to meet the man Yukihiko Yaguchi cheers big fella.
Old 06-05-17, 06:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

...I see what you're saying but you bought another ( also Im hearing they will do that price only in the winter because they werent moving....congrats btw). So youre saying you wouldnt want to meet the disappointment ? And to top it off....NOBODY HERE DOES ANY TRACK TIME. Seems foolish to even complain in general . Its like a bunch of virgins asking where all the hos are at ( not directing this at you). So it seems like Lexus is building them for the typical owners and not for guys like myself who beat the **** out of them on track. Bottom line is why would they listen when most commute and do car shows? Its what most owners want because most F owners dont do **** with their cars. So....they are on point. Dont ask for changes.....SHOW THEM THAT YOU NEED THEM AND USE THE CAR ON TRACK! This ISF forum is funny and sad at the same time. Everyone is a driver but nobody wants to drive. Im sure you can see it yourself...
Thanks for the congrats on the GS F. The wife wanted a bigger back seat. I wanted a Cayenne GTS. She didn't want to pay that much. She suggested the GS F completely out of the blue. I would not have considered it because it is too heavy and offers performance too similar to my IS F. She is the only reason we have two Fs in the garage.

Here's what I see: a whole bunch of us in the ATL tracking our cars but not making a big deal out of it. Sure there are lots of owners who don't track their cars. They didn't buy a four door sedan to go to the track. They bought something more appropriate. The IS F has two companies offering support for serious modifications. Two. Guess how many BMW or Porsche aftermarket performance companies are out there? Yeah. A whole lot. So, does it make sense to track your IS F for anything but an HPDE where the weight of the owner's wallet is the ONLY success criteria for developing aftermarket parts?

You still haven't experienced the most exciting part of tracking a car - the race from Start/Finish to the first turn. Every RACE consists of two events - the race to turn 1, and the rest of the race. You still don't know what that is. Dale Earnhart (Sr) once talked about the calm he had at the start of the race. Any idea how HARD it is to keep calm when you're anticipating/waiting for the green flag? Ever felt the cotton mouth, sore arms, mental exhaustion, and said "Crossed green and white. Thank GOD the race is half way over"? Ever been side by side with your competitor, racing for position, and see him spin off the track into the hillside? C'mon. Really? You're just getting started, you've got a whole lot of going fast to experience. You haven't even swapped paint or reached over and hit someone's kill switch...
Old 06-05-17, 07:18 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I am happy to see some passion and enthusiasm from I8ABMR but the need to talk down on owners not tracking their cars is completely unnecessary. Have I tracked my ISF? No. Quite honestly, I have better cars that are suited more for track days and racing. But I will tell you this. I have met, and personally know Yaguchi. How? Because I raced up Pikes Peak with the #8/9 ISF CCS-R in 2012 and 2013, taking the class win. And that was the sole reason why I bought my IS-F. Because I loved how it drove up the mountain.

A lot of us know what these cars are capable of. And alot of us stay silent because there is no need to boast about how many track days we've done. Sharing know-how and knowledge is what these posts should be about.

Your VLOGS are much appreciated by the community. The passion is what keeps the community alive.

Im on the left, and Yaguchi-san to the immediate right. Anyone recognize Bryan Uchida? Yes. Mr. Club Lexus himself.
Attached Thumbnails A huge honor was shared with me-7885396056_ffcca12171_c.jpg  

Last edited by knshro13; 06-05-17 at 07:21 PM. Reason: photo
The following 3 users liked this post by knshro13:
21ce (06-07-17), Apexsports (06-05-17), jdmSW20 (06-06-17)
Old 06-05-17, 07:19 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

And btw, my FRS will smoke my ISF on track.

Quick Reply: A huge honor was shared with me