IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-17, 06:50 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Great video. Puts everything in perspective now. Oh btw James, there is dried coolant on your transmission, you more than likely have the coolant valley plate leak.
We're not too worried about it, we don't plan to keep this motor in it for too long.

Originally Posted by DjMarkOne
Would it be a good idea to just replace the motor mounts with new ones since you have to take them out anyways?
Its a customer preference, however if your car has high mileage its not a bad idea as you've already got them out.

Originally Posted by Helo58
It would be good to know why (interference, redundant, etc.) any of the "permanent" changes were made. Any mod I can make that can be returned to factory later is always my first choice if possible. Ditching the rubber/polymer pads/rings on the motor mounts, clipping the sensor wire stabilizer, cutting and grinding the mount off, scrapping the heat shields, etc., were they all necessary, necessary for the Sikky vs. PPE only, or for some other reason? Can any experience member share their thoughts on this?

Also noticed the stock LCA bushings and some inner tire wear on the driver side. If you have money for headers, then you have money for new LCA bushings.
Everything was done for clearance as they take up quite a bit more room then the factory manifolds. We preferred to have the minimal amount of bends possible to offer better power gains, with this goal in mind we did need to make some minor changes to some factory components to make it work.

Originally Posted by Rossi
I see $1899 on the website, it that really for the long tube V2 headers?
The start up sound with the OEM exhaust in the video did not seem any louder than stock, can anyone confirm that? I would love some gains without the stupid loudness.
Yes, the V2 headers are $1899. The car isnt really much louder then it was before, however just remember this car has stock exhaust from the headers back.

Originally Posted by Quadrphnia
Absolutely awesome video. I've always wondered every specific step of this process, particularly after reading about that one dude pulling this off on stands.
To any that haven't watched it yet, fire it up on TV with some friends & a bottle of tequila and do a shot every time he says "snug."
If you do this please do not drive after.

Originally Posted by GreenJimmy
What is the module that gets soldered in?
It's an O2 Conditioner
Old 05-08-17, 10:10 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Wrap or not to wrap these V2 headers. Pros and cons? Obviously James did not wrap them during the installation video.
Old 05-09-17, 06:23 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

They do not require wrapping and most of the installations we do are not wrapped.

If you plan to do it, try to keep it as low profile as possible so it does not rub or interfere with other components. I wouldn't say there are any cons, its just tough to get it to look right.
Old 06-24-17, 02:56 PM
Rossi
Racer

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
It's an O2 Conditioner
Using this conditioner, would the O2 sensors show as "Ready" on the OBD2 scanner when smog test is performed or does it disable the O2 sensors, making them "Not ready"?

Last edited by Rossi; 06-24-17 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-28-17, 11:09 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Using this conditioner, would the O2 sensors show as "Ready" on the OBD2 scanner when smog test is performed or does it disable the O2 sensors, making them "Not ready"?
If you disconnect the battery during installation then it will lose it's readiness monitor and won't show ready with the conditioner connected. We recommend not disconnecting the battery during install so then you just install the conditioner and your good to go. It's not the end of the world if you did disconnect or need to set the readiness monitor after install though. Simply leave everything hooked up like stock (no conditioner) then have a scan tool hooked up. When it sets the readiness monitor hook up the conditioner and your done. Conditioner needs to be set up after its ready but before it throws the cat efficiency codes.
Old 08-22-17, 01:44 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Sub'd for install. Forgot about conditioners, it isn't included with the headers is it?

Last edited by FFM; 08-22-17 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-22-17, 02:37 PM
Rossi
Racer

^^^^ the video shows what is in the box when James starts the install. So, yes to my understanding so is the new dipstick.
Old 08-22-17, 03:15 PM
FFM
Racer

Oh sweet, guess I shoulda watched the video haha. I just saw it mentioned in an above post and totally forgot about it.

Was tryin to think of stuff I may need or wanna do while I'm in there.
Old 09-18-17, 07:42 AM
FFM
Racer

Installed these on saturday. Went pretty smooth, no issues getting them in, didn't have any fitment problems, and thus far car is running great!

Getting the hardware tight with the headers in is quite a *****. I wouldn't advise someone doing this on a garage floor if they enjoy their sanity. Was enough of a hassle with a lift, but with the right sorcery of swivels, ratchets, and ratcheting wrenches I got them all tight.

Did end up having to re-align the piping on my Borla due to the flange position just pushing the resonator downstream up against the chassis. Once we got the piping adjusted I haven't heard a single rattle or anything making contact.

Driving impressions; I feel cruising speed it's hardly louder than with the stock headers and my borla. Under load it sounds like a monster. I love it. Cold start is a bit loud, but my tactic for my 5AM exit from the neighborhood is I just leave the garage door closed until the RPM's dip after 15 seconds and then just idle out the driveway haha.

I will likely add a pair of cats, once I decide what exhaust I wanna keep permanently. It's pretty stinky catless and not having thru bumper tips actually makes it worse. Eventually this will be the wife's car, she won't like the smell, but she likes how it sounds

Thanks Sikky! Ran it on the track friday pre header install, going to try and make it back for a comparo in a couple weeks. Likely to have even worse traction issues now lol.

Old 09-18-17, 04:36 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Installed these on saturday. Went pretty smooth, no issues getting them in, didn't have any fitment problems, and thus far car is running great!

Getting the hardware tight with the headers in is quite a *****. I wouldn't advise someone doing this on a garage floor if they enjoy their sanity. Was enough of a hassle with a lift, but with the right sorcery of swivels, ratchets, and ratcheting wrenches I got them all tight.

Did end up having to re-align the piping on my Borla due to the flange position just pushing the resonator downstream up against the chassis. Once we got the piping adjusted I haven't heard a single rattle or anything making contact.

Driving impressions; I feel cruising speed it's hardly louder than with the stock headers and my borla. Under load it sounds like a monster. I love it. Cold start is a bit loud, but my tactic for my 5AM exit from the neighborhood is I just leave the garage door closed until the RPM's dip after 15 seconds and then just idle out the driveway haha.

I will likely add a pair of cats, once I decide what exhaust I wanna keep permanently. It's pretty stinky catless and not having thru bumper tips actually makes it worse. Eventually this will be the wife's car, she won't like the smell, but she likes how it sounds

Thanks Sikky! Ran it on the track friday pre header install, going to try and make it back for a comparo in a couple weeks. Likely to have even worse traction issues now lol.

Nice! After driving it for a while, you'll get used to the sound and it will be sound like you had no headers. As for the smell, I think it's 1/10 as far as the smell goes, unless I got used to the smell now as well. Haha.
Old 09-18-17, 04:40 PM
FFM
Racer

Must have cause it's pretty F'ing bad. Pun intended.

Im sure i will too, but the wife won't like it as her daily. If the Greddy SS ever gets released and I like it more, I'll snag that instead and then add cats. The minimal power loss doesn't bother me for a DD. It's the car we drive everywhere.
Old 11-07-17, 11:19 AM
Rossi
Racer

My car should be done today. As FFM mentioned, to the get the header’s hardware tight is the most difficult part it the job.
I will post my feedback in few days. My setup: HPS intake tube with K&N filter, Sikky V2 and OEM exhaust. I will be adding RRR tune at some point for sure.

Check out the difference between OEM and the new massive Sikky V2 headers. The stock one looks like something very heavy ran over it, I guess that is Lexus for you, trying to make their first performance car ever, no clue, it is like they added one more runner to the Camry design LOL
Attached Thumbnails Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video-b0f8dd5b-1a0b-4504-8aea-35b008e832af.jpeg  

Last edited by Rossi; 11-07-17 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-07-17, 05:23 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

My car should be done today. As FFM mentioned, to the get the header’s hardware tight is the most difficult part it the job.
I will post my feedback in few days. My setup: HPS intake tube with K&N filter, Sikky V2 and OEM exhaust. I will be adding RRR tune at some point for sure.

Check out the difference between OEM and the new massive Sikky V2 headers. The stock one looks like something very heavy ran over it, I guess that is Lexus for you, trying to make their first performance car ever, no clue, it is like they added one more runner to the Camry design LOL
Wow that side by side really puts things in perspective. I think it's almost time for me to get these headers.
Old 11-08-17, 06:17 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker4096
Wow that side by side really puts things in perspective. I think it's almost time for me to get these headers.
I'm in too. My throat closes every time I look at the stock manifolds. Plus I'm about 99% certain I've got the flange "chime" now that I'm back on cold weather starts.
Old 11-08-17, 01:28 PM
Rossi
Racer

My car is back and ready for some serious action. It pulls nice and strong. I have HPS tube with K&N filter in the stock air-box and OEM exhaust (no drone, and zero smell). The sound level is pretty much the same as before, talking about regular driving and even the cold start. You will NOT know that headers were installed, except just the tone of the engine is just little bit deeper, if you never drove stock ISF, you will simply not know.
Well, if you drive aggressively, especially in Sport mode with manual shifting, the cars sound fantastic, just refined deeper sound, no more than 10-20 % louder than before. The throttle response is noticeably sharper, which is something no one has mentioned before. I like that a lot. Overall the cars feels "happy" when driven hard. It absolute perfect setup for me. Not stupid loud, no smell with having secondary cats in place and no future issues with cracked OEM manifold. IT IS A WIN :-)

I had the headers installed at ETL Motorsports ( https://yelp.to/qTKq/GxtPFVlKUH ) , $600 installed. Highly skilled. They did not strip the sensors so no extra expense. Jeewy and Ernie were just superb. I even had my car delivered last night to my driveway at no charge. I was receiving progress photos every few hours, so much fun. They have done more than 10 ISFs now, they are really experienced with ISF now. I was told, to the get the header’s hardware tight is the most difficult part of the job. The dipstick install was little bit tricky so they called SIKKY and they got it done with their help. Jeewy was really happy with SIKKY top notch technical support .... THANK YOU, SIKKY!!

No "engine check light" or any CELs or other issues. However, the boys disconnected the battery when soldering the O2 conditioner, so most of the monitors are "NOT READY"
I know this can be addressed, so step by step directions "for dummies" so even I can understand it and hopefully sort it out would be appreciated. Maybe SIKKY can chime in. Here is the data from my OBD2 reader:
Attached Thumbnails Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video-img_9673.jpg   Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video-img_9672.jpg   Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video-img_9671.jpg  

Last edited by Rossi; 12-18-17 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Sikky ISF Header Installation Guide Video