CCS-P Aero Installation instructions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-17, 07:31 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Default CCS-P Aero Installation instructions

Hey CL,
does anyone know if TIS would have the installation instructions and specific hardware needed to install the IS-F TRD (CCS-P) Aero (spoiler, front splitters, rear diffuser)?
I dont mind getting a subscription to TIS if they have it, i would just like to know beforehand so i dont purchase a subscription needlessly.
Thanks,
-R
Old 05-04-17, 11:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

It's not there. If it wasn't available from a US Lexus dealer, it won't be in TIS.
Old 05-05-17, 04:33 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
It's not there. If it wasn't available from a US Lexus dealer, it won't be in TIS.
Dammit. Thanks very much for the reply. I know the diffuser mounting has been posted somewhere on here before, time to dig deep into the search function!
-R
Old 05-05-17, 09:38 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Question is how did you get your hands on some ccs-p aero?
Old 05-05-17, 10:30 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

I know a guy, who knows a guy. Then i went on bidjdm
-R
Old 05-05-17, 01:02 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Congratulations on your find.

Please post pics after you've installed these.
Old 05-05-17, 01:40 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Send that diffuser to get copied!!!!!! Please i beg you!!!
Old 05-06-17, 06:43 AM
themap
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lmood
Send that diffuser to get copied!!!!!! Please i beg you!!!
haha. My thoughts at first when i read that post. There have been people throughout the years sayjng that they knew someone who was going to make a similar version as the trd diffuser. But nothing ever panned out. I be been surprised not a single vendor has made a true functional diffuser that uses the oem diffuser mounting bolt points that the trd one uses and instead rely on 3m tape and bumper drilling. The original poster: enjoy it! You have the unicorn of parts (all of them), and you are in rare company.
Old 05-07-17, 07:42 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by themap
There have been people throughout the years sayjng that they knew someone who was going to make a similar version as the trd diffuser. But nothing ever panned out. I be been surprised not a single vendor has made a true functional diffuser that uses the oem diffuser mounting bolt points that the trd one uses and instead rely on 3m tape and bumper drilling.
I'm surprised no one has tried to rep this as well. Maybe it's more intricate to copy unlike other parts? Wald, TOMS etc.? I'm not sure how I feel about replica parts anyway - I still buy all my music and movies! I was also going to say, literally minutes before I saw Meraki's post, why hasn't anyone picked up the NOVEL diffuser? It would have been my second choice.

The original poster: enjoy it! You have the unicorn of parts (all of them), and you are in rare company.
Thanks! I'm surprised nobody scooped these parts up before me, I literally watched it for a year and a half on bidjdm before pulling the trigger. Originally, like everyone else, I just wanted the rear diffuser, but the seller wouldn't sell the parts separately, so after the year and a half, I just said F it! I should note, i didn't get the hood, it was listed separately and someone else picked it up. For anyone interested, they've still got the TRD CCS-P suspension components (coilovers, sway bars) available.
-R
Old 05-08-17, 12:45 AM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats on finding the parts! Had I known bidjdm existed I would have scooped them haha. Can't wait to see them on
Old 05-10-17, 08:38 AM
themap
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
I'm surprised no one has tried to rep this as well. Maybe it's more intricate to copy unlike other parts? Wald, TOMS etc.? I'm not sure how I feel about replica parts anyway - I still buy all my music and movies! I was also going to say, literally minutes before I saw Meraki's post, why hasn't anyone picked up the NOVEL diffuser? It would have been my second choice.

Thanks! I'm surprised nobody scooped these parts up before me, I literally watched it for a year and a half on bidjdm before pulling the trigger. Originally, like everyone else, I just wanted the rear diffuser, but the seller wouldn't sell the parts separately, so after the year and a half, I just said F it! I should note, i didn't get the hood, it was listed separately and someone else picked it up. For anyone interested, they've still got the TRD CCS-P suspension components (coilovers, sway bars) available.
-R
Yeah I guess they must be difficult to fabricate. Too bad though.. the ISF has mounting points for a diffuser.. and only the TRD one uses them. I have a feeling if a vendor does release a version of a TRD like diffuser, several people would switch out their TOMs, S4play etc for one. Forget the 3m tape and drilling into your bumper. Get a real diffuser. I would take a trd diffuser over the novel one any day.
The following users liked this post:
DCoolBeans (05-19-17)
Old 05-18-17, 10:58 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Yeah I guess they must be difficult to fabricate. Too bad though.. the ISF has mounting points for a diffuser.. and only the TRD one uses them. I have a feeling if a vendor does release a version of a TRD like diffuser, several people would switch out their TOMs, S4play etc for one. Forget the 3m tape and drilling into your bumper. Get a real diffuser. I would take a trd diffuser over the novel one any day.

Lems in Japan is in the process of making one. Should be alot less than the 5 K TRD diffuser.
Old 05-19-17, 05:47 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NotnFsport
Lems in Japan is in the process of making one. Should be alot less than the 5 K TRD diffuser.
oh cool, so it'll be 4k instead of 5 LOL I wish I had the time, skills and patience to make one..lol
Old 05-19-17, 07:24 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lmood
oh cool, so it'll be 4k instead of 5 LOL I wish I had the time, skills and patience to make one..lol
haha too funny. I know people typically say the TRD diffuser was ~$5K, but NigelJDM was selling one a little iver a year ago for $3800. Speaking of NigelJDM, i should probably give him a shout out as he helped facilitate getting the parts from the auction for me and finding a great shipping rate from Japan. Im one step closer to getting the parts installed, spent about an hour last night getting the 3M tape residue off the diffuser - it wasnt easy. Took a few pics of the parts:

Not sure how these parts were serialized, but its interesting that the diffuser is -001 (the rest are -002)

Definitely previously loved. Next year ill probably try a light sanding/buffing, should get most of it out, no amage to the actual weave itself.
Old 05-19-17, 02:12 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
haha too funny. I know people typically say the TRD diffuser was ~$5K, but NigelJDM was selling one a little iver a year ago for $3800. Speaking of NigelJDM, i should probably give him a shout out as he helped facilitate getting the parts from the auction for me and finding a great shipping rate from Japan. Im one step closer to getting the parts installed, spent about an hour last night getting the 3M tape residue off the diffuser - it wasnt easy. Took a few pics of the parts:

Not sure how these parts were serialized, but its interesting that the diffuser is -001 (the rest are -002)

Definitely previously loved. Next year ill probably try a light sanding/buffing, should get most of it out, no amage to the actual weave itself.
yaeh 5k when they first came out. Last couple of years they can be found for less than 3 k. Lems should be around 2 k.

Quick Reply: CCS-P Aero Installation instructions