IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!

Old 04-23-17, 12:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Smile THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!

Here it is guys !!! 20 track days in 3 years on 8 different tracks, across three different states !!!!!! I just did Spring Mountain Raceway's 3.4 mile Mansell course with Bus Stop in Pahrump, Nevada. Made the 640 mile round trip for the BIG 20 !!! Since it was a special event and Speed Ventures had no photographer I actually hired my own private photographer to take pics and they are the best I have ever seen of my car. I have moved into the "green" group or full race like conditions with open passing and no point bys for passing. Because of the extensive track time I was able to run with and pass 4 EXR series race cars in my stock ISF. Check out the video. And this is what I mean by the title. Rather than chasing performance with tons of mods, just learn to drive and you will be a better driver and your car will be faster all the time when it counts. We had several offs at this track in every session and we even had a car drop fluid. They had to bring all the cars back in during session 2. Check out the video.

As far as I know I still hold an unofficial world record for track days in a Lexus ISF ( 20 track days, in 3 years ( and 14 days) , on 8 different tracks, in 3 states) . Even the hardcore guys in Japan on my Facebook page are amazed. ( I forgot they have snow there and cant track as frequently as I can in AZ surrounded by Nevada and California). LOL I think I have a little unfair advantage with the weather here. This has been one amazing adventure. I started here 3 years ago after trading a beautiful LS460 on 22" wheels for this little red, loud, ruff riding , and less refined car and have never looked back. I bought my ISF to hit the track and that exactly what I did. This car has literally changed my life. I went from all show to all GO !! 22" wheels seems like a distant memory. I set out to learn to drive, to be comfortable at 10/10ths, and as things progressed I basically got addicted and figured, why the F not ?!!! The car is amazingly stout, reliable, and well rounded and I wasn't going to stop. Now after 20 track days I look back with great pride and want to encourage others to really try to get out there and give it a go. You are driving a race car. Commuting in this car and doing car shows only is a sin to me. Its a waste. The car is capable of so much more. Its like having Einstein work at Mc Donalds. You can and should do it. My car is BONE STOCK, minus the exhaust, wheels, USRS, and rear sway bar. Essentially the only things I have done to my car are the same things that most of you already have and I did my first 7 totally stock. My brakes are stock ( pads, fluid, and rotors). I have never done an oil change on my own car. You don't need to be a mechanic to do this. Just a good attitude, willingness to learn, and your car. This car has even gotten me to start my own page ( just hit 11,000 followers )on Facebook to share the excitement. I know I'm a bit more enthusiastic about my ISF than most owners. All I'm looking to do is to encourage others to have the confidence in their car , share the excitement and potential of the car, and tell you to GO FOR IT !! If can do this......anyone can.

PS I AM REGISTERING TODAY AND BOOKING MY HOTEL FOR TRACK DAY #21 AND RACE TRACK #9. #WORLDCHAMPION #TRACKJUNKY #FTHETRACK

Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2298.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2270.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2079.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2217.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2065.jpg  

THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2293.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2255.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2086.jpg   THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!-_mi_2077.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
s2kmr (05-02-17)
Old 04-23-17, 07:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

You crack me up.
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 12:51 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Good driving, what a house with a helicopter on the roof, good to have money yes.
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 06:28 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Where is track day #21 going to be at?
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 08:10 AM
Bajanguy1
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well done, love your post!.
Old 04-24-17, 08:50 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You crack me up.
+1.... I have been in the car scene forever and have a TON of friends that are hard core into tracking their cars... many of them are actual instructors and compete every year. However, none of them are more proud than you. Hireing photographers, starting facebook pages, creating youtube videos, etc. Please dont think im bashing you, I just think its hilarious. And, propts to you for being so passionate about what you love.
The following 2 users liked this post by semnosNSX:
I8ABMR (04-25-17), lobuxracer (04-24-17)
Old 04-24-17, 10:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Another great track tackled. Always a treat seeing your footage, Tammer. Knowing you, I know you studied that course repeatedly well ahead of time. Can't wait to see what you have in store for #21!
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 10:53 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice trace, and looks like an awesome track....house with the helipad looks sick lol

BTW do you drive on the track with traction control completely off?
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 01:13 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Cool stuff and keep doing what you enjoy!
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 05:51 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Great to see a real isf track junkie !!!
How many rotors and pads have you changed out so far?
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 05:54 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

What tyre and pad setup have you been running as you must have been through a few and which is the best for road and track. I know dedicated track tyres and pads are great for the track but not so good in a DD cheers.
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-24-17, 10:36 PM
Bavarian
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Respect. I like your way of driving

​​​​​​​best from germany
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 12:53 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
What tyre and pad setup have you been running as you must have been through a few and which is the best for road and track. I know dedicated track tyres and pads are great for the track but not so good in a DD cheers.
As he has stated he's 100% stock everything, stock as stock can be
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 10:43 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

if you want something good one of my fellow isf track buddies recommended to me carbotech xp12 front xp10 rear with endless rf650 brake fluid . Also read this old timer thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/roa...k-weekend.html

and watch some YouTube vids by user name : Arepmi hes got the carbotech
I8ABMR (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 12:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You crack me up.
So does the lack of track time around here. Glad to know it buddy !! lol Lance, Im touched. Thats like the nicest thing you have ever said to me man.
Good driving, what a house with a helicopter on the roof, good to have money yes.
I was in awe. The home belongs to the owner of Spring Mountain. He would keep taking off and landing. It was wild!
Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Congrats! Where is track day #21 going to be at?
California, AutoClub Speedway
Originally Posted by Bajanguy1
Well done, love your post!.
Thanks man ! I appreciate it
Originally Posted by semnosNSX
+1.... I have been in the car scene forever and have a TON of friends that are hard core into tracking their cars... many of them are actual instructors and compete every year. However, none of them are more proud than you. Hireing photographers, starting facebook pages, creating youtube videos, etc. Please dont think im bashing you, I just think its hilarious. And, propts to you for being so passionate about what you love.
Im passionate about it, and Im doing it all in a Japanese Luxury sedan from a brand who had never made anything like it before. THIS IS LEXUS HISTORY, man. I am a testament to the F brand. MY TRACK TIME HAS SHOWN THE WORLD WHAT AN F CAR CAN DO. No other way to put it. I am an engineers wet dream lol. We have many Toyota engineers on my page and they eat it up. Hell, WE HAVE YUKIHIKO YAGUCHI ON MY PAGE. THE ACTUAL CHIEF ENGINEER OF THE ISF . This car took me to work this morning and I took my 15 year old beagle to vet in it yesterday, and took my wife to lunch. Can your friends do that in their cars? No disrespect but this car is on another level when it comes to well rounded nature. Thats why its so special. Its also SO rare to be seen on the street and is almost never seen on a racetrack. Again, this is Lexus history. Guys have been tracking Miatas, Corvettes, Mustangs, Porsches, and BMWs for decades. I am the first to do anything like this in an F car. THATS WHY THIS IS SO SPECIAL AND UNIQUE. And that is where the enthusiasm comes from. See my point. I am showing the world that Lexus made an amazing car, and Im having a great time doing it.

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Another great track tackled. Always a treat seeing your footage, Tammer. Knowing you, I know you studied that course repeatedly well ahead of time. Can't wait to see what you have in store for #21!
Thanks bud!! And you are absolutely right. I spent 4 weeks at night watching youtube videos of the track. I was as ready as possible, but the some of the corners were still tricky. This is a 3.4 mile course. It could take years to get it right.

Originally Posted by Defratos
Nice trace, and looks like an awesome track....house with the helipad looks sick lol
it was like a house from a dream ! lol
BTW do you drive on the track with traction control completely off?
HELL NO ! lol I always leave it on. I want to push hard and my line is solid. I need a safety net.
Originally Posted by mr2dave
Cool stuff and keep doing what you enjoy!
Thanks so much man !
Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Great to see a real isf track junkie !!!
How many rotors and pads have you changed out so far?
Thanks man! In 3 years I have done 3 sets of rotors and probably 4 sets of front pads and 1 rear. BTW my license plate is TRKJNKY lol

I am lazy as hell and I dont work on my car so everything I do I leave it so its daily drivable with no work . I always run stock rotors, pads, and fluid, (except for Mondo course where I had Motul 600 and I didnt like the pedal feel and went back to stock). Suspension is damn near stock other than rear F sport sway bar and USRS. I only use Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R for street and track. All of the F track guys in Japan who daily use them too.It takes massive heat and abuse , remains smooth and queit for 65-70% of its life then gets louder. Its not as refined as the PSS but will last so much longer on track and has a sidewall that will literally make your car feel lowered.

Originally Posted by Bavarian
Respect. I like your way of driving

​​​​​​​best from germany
Thanks so much!
Originally Posted by Defratos
As he has stated he's 100% stock everything, stock as stock can be

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
if you want something good one of my fellow isf track buddies recommended to me carbotech xp12 front xp10 rear with endless rf650 brake fluid . Also read this old timer thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/roa...k-weekend.html

and watch some YouTube vids by user name : Arepmi hes got the carbotech
I know him. He is hardcore. I have posted his track videos on my Facebook page. I dont want the noise on the street and I dont want to beat up my rotors with crazy pads. Im on the street 98% of the time. The oem pad, rotors, and fluid held up well even with passenger with braking zone speeds of 120 mph.

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-04-17 at 12:59 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by I8ABMR:
illtres50 (04-25-17), isfvss (04-25-17), LexusfanVA (04-25-17)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE ISF PERFORMANCE MOD !! This will make your ISF faster than a race car !!