IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Well my Monday sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-17, 07:56 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by cjblair
Damn dude, that sucks. On a related note, that's really cheap for a key replacement. My Lexus dealer quoted me ~$700CAD to replace a key (buy FOB, blade, program FOB, cut blade), I wish I could get it done for your price!

Best of luck dealing with insurance. Don't back down, make sure you get a new tire, etc. That's why you're paying them.
I will. Makes absolutely no sense to not give me a tire when it's busted from the accident.

And I still have my metal key, so I don't need to get that cut at least. Key fob is 120 shipped and programming is another 80 at my local Lexus dealership, so there's that...

Day 3 and I miss my car!
Old 04-25-17, 03:22 PM
mk416
Advanced

Update:

Received their initial estimation and total is $9.8K with OEM parts and labor so far. Plot twist (or should I say expected): the busted tire is NOT included in the repair bill.

And no suspension-related damages were mentioned. Fck this stupid adjuster.

And x2: still has not determined whose fault it was when the other party failed to yield.

K.
Old 04-25-17, 04:02 PM
V8Juice
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
Update:

Received their initial estimation and total is $9.8K with OEM parts and labor so far. Plot twist (or should I say expected): the busted tire is NOT included in the repair bill.

And x2: still has not determined whose fault it was when the other party failed to yield.

K.
Good ole Insurance adjusters, never appraising cars properly. IMO. hopefully they give you what you need to make sure the car is good and sound.
Old 04-25-17, 04:11 PM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by V8Juice
Good ole Insurance adjusters, never appraising cars properly. IMO. hopefully they give you what you need to make sure the car is good and sound.
Thanks.
Old 04-26-17, 03:57 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Update:

K.
Bodyshops almost always submit additional invoices to insurance
Old 04-26-17, 06:17 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tks for sharing and sorry to see about the accident. I don't think the car has oil cooler and just from the pictures, my guess will be probably >$8000 worth of damage. I had a IS250 with less damage with only the bumpers, one headlight and hood which cost around $6000 worth of damages. If the insurance doesn't total it, the car's resale value will also dip due to an accident history.
Old 04-26-17, 06:32 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn bro. Ouch sorry to hear. Hopefully it didn't have a lot of hidden damage.
Old 04-26-17, 08:06 AM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by kolyan
Bodyshops almost always submit additional invoices to insurance
Sounds like that would be the way to go. Will head out to the shop over the weekend to see how the repair goes. My shop got my back, it's just a matter of negotiating with the damn insurance regarding the reparation.

Originally Posted by zen
tks for sharing and sorry to see about the accident. I don't think the car has oil cooler and just from the pictures, my guess will be probably >$8000 worth of damage. I had a IS250 with less damage with only the bumpers, one headlight and hood which cost around $6000 worth of damages. If the insurance doesn't total it, the car's resale value will also dip due to an accident history.
My initial estimate is $8K and that's without actually looking under, so I am pretty sure this is going to be more than silly $9K. I plan on keeping this car for as long as I can (unless I get frame damage), so that hopefully won't be an issue to deal with for me.

Originally Posted by iRyan
Damn bro. Ouch sorry to hear. Hopefully it didn't have a lot of hidden damage.
I'm trying to look on the bright side; the old bumper had scuffs and crap ton of rock chips...

Thanks people
Old 04-26-17, 09:09 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question: I was told that insurance company won't even bother to replace my tire even though it got flat from the accident...wtf? Is this for real???? THEN WHY AM I PAYING THESE ****** DEDUCTIBLE FOR (aside from lower premium)??
Were you determined to be at fault? If not....you should not be paying your deductible at all.
Old 04-26-17, 11:15 AM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by s4chico
Were you determined to be at fault? If not....you should not be paying your deductible at all.
They haven't asked me to pay the deductible, yet, and I haven't been determined as at fault, yet. In fact, the investigation is still ongoing, I think.

They did let me know that the procedure is to have me pay deductible first and then issue a refund if the finding is in my favor. Talk about crappy service...
Old 04-26-17, 12:49 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My insurance company doesn't have the best reputation (Kemper), so I'm preparing for every scenario.
the longer that car stays in the compound due to no resolution between you and them the more money they are paying them per day, unless they have their own compound. I once had to battle them son*****es to get close to what I wanted and I did. Mind you my car was total loss and not a isf.
If the yard claims to losing keys in the car then you can just open it if they are in there lol, they are full of ****. Since the insurance is responsible with taking your car off the road using a ****ty tow company they need to cover the loss of keys for you as well and programming.
Old 04-26-17, 03:12 PM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
the longer that car stays in the compound due to no resolution between you and them the more money they are paying them per day, unless they have their own compound. I once had to battle them son*****es to get close to what I wanted and I did. Mind you my car was total loss and not a isf.
If the yard claims to losing keys in the car then you can just open it if they are in there lol, they are full of ****. Since the insurance is responsible with taking your car off the road using a ****ty tow company they need to cover the loss of keys for you as well and programming.
The car is actually at the body shop getting worked on.

Insurance refused to reimburse me for the key stating that it's tow yard's fault and they aren't responsible for it. Tow yard denied losing my key, so my own option is litigation claim via small claim, which will cost me more time and money than getting a replacement myself.

Note to self: keep the key no matter what.
Old 04-27-17, 12:32 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They haven't asked me to pay the deductible, yet, and I haven't been determined as at fault, yet. In fact, the investigation is still ongoing, I think.

They did let me know that the procedure is to have me pay deductible first and then issue a refund if the finding is in my favor. Talk about crappy service...
FYI, many times no one is to blame 100%. Both insurance companies can come to agreement that is percentage based...you were at 25% at fault and the other at 75%. An example would be if the other driver didn't yield and you had the right away, but the accident occurred at dusk and it was found you didn't have your lights on. This would put you partially to blame for the accident.
Old 04-27-17, 08:18 AM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
FYI, many times no one is to blame 100%. Both insurance companies can come to agreement that is percentage based...you were at 25% at fault and the other at 75%. An example would be if the other driver didn't yield and you had the right away, but the accident occurred at dusk and it was found you didn't have your lights on. This would put you partially to blame for the accident.
Ah I see, never knew that. Thanks!

EDIT: What would that do to my insurance premium? Increased accordingly?