IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Looking into buying an isf!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-16, 11:29 PM
mkrush951
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy ISF!!

Hello where can i buy a 2012-2014 isf at in socal?
Old 07-05-16, 12:03 AM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You will probably have to be patient, and look everyday on the classified, auto trader, cars.com, and even craigslist.

Otherwise, look outside of california.
Old 07-05-16, 02:15 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Craigslist, classified on Clublexus, Autotrader, Cars.com..

Theres a bunch, most of the ISF are in socal. :P

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-05-16, 10:55 PM
mkrush951
Driver School Candidate

If anyone can help me find one or is selling one that would be great.
Old 07-05-16, 11:09 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Heres a start. Although I don't know much about STG, thats the only one on auto trader thats local for now.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...LNX=SOMEDTWVDP

Heres another from norcal

Heres one in the SGV but a little high miles. Its actually a 2011 if you care or not.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...642122811.html

I don't think the prices are good for any of those, but then again thats probably where the market is going right now. It's good for current owners to see the prices staying relatively high but yeah its a ***** when looking for one. Goodluck.

Last edited by knshro13; 07-06-16 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-06-16, 04:36 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mkrush951
If anyone can help me find one or is selling one that would be great.
mkrush if you are in the 951, that STG place that knshro posted the link to isn't too bad of a drive from wherever you are. I have looked at cars there, the inventory is usually pretty nice. I am partial to those late cars, and cash talks I am sure.

Old 07-06-16, 07:27 PM
mkrush951
Driver School Candidate

i checked the car fax and it doesnt show any service log. is this tight? also i heard people trade parts before trading in?
Old 07-06-16, 07:32 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

i checked the car fax and it doesnt show any service log. is this tight? also i heard people trade parts before trading in?
Car fax doesn't always tell the entire story, but it's a good start.

Try to find the owner or service records from a dealership if it's for sale by a dealer.

I would at the least swap the oil and filter when buying a car from someone and start fresh. Brake pads/rotors/tires may or may not be due, so be ready. You can get OEM parts on eBay for a fraction of the price.

Tires will run 1600 for 265's/235's combo, Michelin PSS.
Old 07-06-16, 09:24 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Get the VIN and call Robert Leinz at the Lexus of Riverside service department. Tell him you are interested in buying the car and are looking to verify any service performed. He is a great guy. Although I service my own vehicles, a lot of my friends and family use him.
Old 04-16-17, 12:13 PM
gabetoyo
Driver School Candidate

Default Looking into buying an isf!!!

Ive been looking into buying an ISF. What should i look for. I heard the 08 and 09 dont come with lsd. Is that something i should not make me want to get an isf in those years and go for 2010 and above? Really need your guys input in my decision!!
Old 04-16-17, 01:07 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

A quick search of this forum will give you all the answers you seek.
Old 04-16-17, 02:07 PM
PowerRange
Driver School Candidate

this one is clean, but way out of my budget

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...modelCode1=ISF
Old 04-16-17, 02:45 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by gabetoyo
Ive been looking into buying an ISF. What should i look for. I heard the 08 and 09 dont come with lsd. Is that something i should not make me want to get an isf in those years and go for 2010 and above? Really need your guys input in my decision!!
It comes down to personal preference. Yes, the LSD helps with the performance of the car, but at the same time if an owner were to just DD and not take it on the track, it isn't necessary to enhance the driving experience. I know numerous owners who don't want to track or attend autocross events with their F, and they're perfectly content with how their 08 or 09 F is from the factory. And then there are those like myself and other F owners who's intent is to have an aftermarket LSD or retrofit the factory TORSEN LSD from the newer Fs into their own vehicles. Each year since 2010 there seemed to be some tweaking of the suspension to make it more compliant. Things such as LED headlights, wider factory wheels, LED fog lamps, and interior color/material can all be sourced- should you want any or all if you were to get an older F. The tachometer did change in 2011, and it depends if you like that or not. Otherwise, the car still churns 416 to the engine in all examples. But budget permitting, get one that suits your individual taste. Color combo would be my highest priority outside, as well as the condition of the vehicle. 2010s are a great starting point if you want to begin the search with the factory LSD, but if it isn't needed, the earlier ones are still just as fun to drive.

Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
21ce (04-17-17)
Old 04-16-17, 08:10 PM
gabetoyo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
It comes down to personal preference. Yes, the LSD helps with the performance of the car, but at the same time if an owner were to just DD and not take it on the track, it isn't necessary to enhance the driving experience. I know numerous owners who don't want to track or attend autocross events with their F, and they're perfectly content with how their 08 or 09 F is from the factory. And then there are those like myself and other F owners who's intent is to have an aftermarket LSD or retrofit the factory TORSEN LSD from the newer Fs into their own vehicles. Each year since 2010 there seemed to be some tweaking of the suspension to make it more compliant. Things such as LED headlights, wider factory wheels, LED fog lamps, and interior color/material can all be sourced- should you want any or all if you were to get an older F. The tachometer did change in 2011, and it depends if you like that or not. Otherwise, the car still churns 416 to the engine in all examples. But budget permitting, get one that suits your individual taste. Color combo would be my highest priority outside, as well as the condition of the vehicle. 2010s are a great starting point if you want to begin the search with the factory LSD, but if it isn't needed, the earlier ones are still just as fun to drive.

Best of luck!
Thanks bnizzle87 I do plan on taking it to the track one day just to say I did. I have friends that go and my brother plans on taking his ctsv. Budget is was holding me from getting a 2010 and newer ISF. Maybe I will just get an 08 or 09 and then swap in an lsd. I have a 13 Ct200h that i use as a daily for work and i know im gonna lose money in getting an ISF when i trade in. But i have decided that an ISF is what I want. Color is my main problem into getting one. Im looking to get a ultra sonic blue but just cant seem to find one close to where I live to go see it in person and in my budget. White is my next choice, then its grey, then red. Their is a red one close thats an 08 and it has the led headlights already installed. But im just waiting and I'll keep looking for a blue one or white. Thanks again for your input...
Old 04-16-17, 09:08 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

^Once you hit the track, I guarantee you won't stop with just one event. You'll want to do more. It bonds you closer to the car and how it behaves...fast straights, tight turns, high speeds- that's the beauty of this car. Great for daily activities as well as track attack without a doubt.

USB is a great color choice, and it's always a head turner.

Quick Reply: Looking into buying an isf!!!