IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF used parts market

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-17, 06:48 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Every opinion on here is dependent upon what side of the coin you are mostly on.... a buyer or seller.

If you are a buyer, you are going to be upset if you have to pay near retail for a used part. However, if you are a seller, you are going to be very happy to get close to retail on a used part.
The following users liked this post:
angus (04-17-17)
Old 04-16-17, 08:09 AM
svtec
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sounds like you don't frequent the classifieds here. I don't even bother with listing anything here anymore. Total waste of time. Craigslist is way better and doesn't have all the thread crappers and cheap asses we have here. Sorry if it offends, but it is my observation after being here 10 years.
I've sold a few things on my.is and never had issues, but not here.

To make a claim that craigslist is better than CL is a pretty audacious claim lol
Old 04-16-17, 01:16 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sounds like you don't frequent the classifieds here. I don't even bother with listing anything here anymore. Total waste of time. Craigslist is way better and doesn't have all the thread crappers and cheap asses we have here. Sorry if it offends, but it is my observation after being here 10 years.
Never understood why threadcrapping is tolerated or even allowed on this forum. On other forums I frequent no responses are allowed in the for sale ad, other than I'll take it. If there's a question pm the seller directly. If you threadcrap you're banned for a few days. Don't like the price? move on. The market will dictate the price.
The following users liked this post:
angus (04-17-17)
Old 04-16-17, 07:14 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimase
Never understood why threadcrapping is tolerated or even allowed on this forum. On other forums I frequent no responses are allowed in the for sale ad, other than I'll take it. If there's a question pm the seller directly. If you threadcrap you're banned for a few days. Don't like the price? move on. The market will dictate the price.
^^What he said.

Ken.
Old 04-17-17, 01:58 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Every opinion on here is dependent upon what side of the coin you are mostly on.... a buyer or seller.

If you are a buyer, you are going to be upset if you have to pay near retail for a used part. However, if you are a seller, you are going to be very happy to get close to retail on a used part.
This is exactly correct. I sense the frustration of sellers just reading some of the ads. It's hard to get a sense for buyers frustrations unless they post in the thread - which almost always comes across as "threadcrapping".
Old 04-17-17, 09:52 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't know maybe im on the side of the fence of the few, but ive never had issues selling on here. Then again, I don't really sell with the intention of getting all my money back or "like new" pricing. If I don't like the offer I move on, someone else will always gladly pay if they want it bad enough. Some sellers on here make me laugh honestly, unless its something super rare that you cant just easily attain, im not paying almost new price, ill just buy it new and cut out the middle man

just my .02