IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008-2010 BlueTooth Retrofit How-to

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-18, 10:12 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33
I have a US Spec on my S2K and it works great. For the F, I was going to just get a bluetooth/FM transmitter and put it in the center counsel. Is there a pro to the US spec versus the bluetooth/FM transmitter idea?

On the S2k, I only have ONE cigarette lighter and I would rather have it for charging my phone. I haven't looked but on the F, do we have another USB or cigarette lighter slot?
I don't have this unit but have a similar GROM one. There are 2 lighters. One in the ash tray below the radio and another in the arm rest with the aux plug. Transmitters generally aren't as high of audio quality vs having these units wired into the units.

Originally Posted by MpKSonic
Bumpity bump bump.

The replacement unit powered up and connected to my phone's bluetooth instantly; however, I've never been able to make calls through the device's bluetooth. I figured I must have damaged the mic's wire when trying to run it for a clean install. Well, I FINALLY got around to grabbing another mic, plugged it straight in and tried to make a call, and no one can hear me still.

So my question: is there a special setting for using this for music streaming and making phone calls? Should I clear my phone from the F's factory head unit? Is my phone being paired to both causing the issue?

I have my DIP settings set to down, up, down, down as shown like above to receive the song info on the touch screen.
Once again don't have this unit but if it performs like my GROM unit it should handle phone calls without intervention. I didn't hook up the mic and it just uses the factory bluetooth and mic to make calls and switches over to this unit once its done. Intermittently will have audio issues but just switching inputs will fix the audio level.
Old 01-05-18, 10:39 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
I don't have this unit but have a similar GROM one. There are 2 lighters. One in the ash tray below the radio and another in the arm rest with the aux plug. Transmitters generally aren't as high of audio quality vs having these units wired into the units.
I guess let me try it with a bluetooth/FM transmitter and see how it goes. The unit will go into the arm rest and it'll turn on whenever the car starts while automatically connecting to the phone. The transmitter I had for the S2k worked really great. They're a lot better now than when they first came out prior to bluetooth streaming audio. I remember hooking my portable CD player to my car with them during 2003ish and it sucked. haha