DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Sorry to see this, glad you are ok!
Old 03-24-17, 07:04 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry to hear about your accident and car. hopefully nobody has serious injuries. if you do need a lawyer, pm me. i almost would've gotten t-boned a few weeks ago as a lady ran a red light, but i always wait 2 seconds before going when at a stop light, luckily my almost worn out brakes stopped me and i saw the car run the red light from my peripheral vision.
Old 03-24-17, 11:34 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I just wanted to thank everyone that wishes me well,at this point its just a waiting game from the claim adjuster. I've looked at some Few F's online and would love to have another. I actually looked at a USB 08 with 80k, not bad shape at all. However, my wife is not on the same page as I am. She's still traumatize from the accident, although she wasn't with me in the car. I called her from the car after the impact, I couldn't get out of the vehicle, and she was telling that she was afraid to see me mangled. She doesn't want me to get a high performance car, so I have to hold off on the F. I know this is just temporary, eventually she'll get over with it. Its just the matter of time until I get back here. I might just get a bucket for now and wait for the supra...who knows. If the insurance let me take some parts, ill definitely part out. I do have some parts OEM parts in my garage, just keep on eye in the classified section. Till then, ill come check out here from time to time...
Old 03-24-17, 01:42 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
I just wanted to thank everyone that wishes me well,at this point its just a waiting game from the claim adjuster. I've looked at some Few F's online and would love to have another. I actually looked at a USB 08 with 80k, not bad shape at all. However, my wife is not on the same page as I am. She's still traumatize from the accident, although she wasn't with me in the car. I called her from the car after the impact, I couldn't get out of the vehicle, and she was telling that she was afraid to see me mangled. She doesn't want me to get a high performance car, so I have to hold off on the F. I know this is just temporary, eventually she'll get over with it. Its just the matter of time until I get back here. I might just get a bucket for now and wait for the supra...who knows. If the insurance let me take some parts, ill definitely part out. I do have some parts OEM parts in my garage, just keep on eye in the classified section. Till then, ill come check out here from time to time...
That's cool. Good luck. Hopefully we don't see u in a Toyota Sienna at future meets 😛
Old 03-24-17, 01:59 PM
isfdave86
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Considering these pictures and that you're only sore, I'd rather have you back in a F PDQ as it seems to have done a good job protecting you. But the hesitation is understandable. Glad to see that you're OK. Cars are always replaceable.
Old 03-24-17, 10:52 PM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap Chris! Just read this, glad to hear you're alright. Gotta love those idiot drivers out there that aren't paying attention and just doing their own thing. Going to miss going out on the track with you again, but you'll get back out there soon enough I know!
Old 03-25-17, 12:41 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

It always hurts me to see this happen. I'm glad you're ok. Cars can be replaced, people can't.
Old 03-25-17, 01:27 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RIP ISF, glad to see your all good bro..

Id tell your wife that the car did a pretty solid job of saving you from getting more beat up.. Considering you were able to open the door and "walk away" that says something about how safe these cars are.
Old 03-26-17, 12:43 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Chris asked if there were any shots of his car in the times we've gotten together. I know he's still reeling from this and it is an absolute bummer that this had to happen. We always kept saying we'd hit up the track again, and while weather has been downright unpredictable to start the year, those plans were still intact until this incident took place. I'm just glad you're safe, bud! Getting one last run with this F with some of SoCal's finest F's was a nice final memory with your Mercury Metallic. I'm hoping the wife isn't discouraged for too long, though I can see her side of things.

Here are a few shots with your F, Chris. Track-powered, accident-tested....and you've come out of it alive and well. The car did its job, even though it looks bad in the end. Keep recovering and we'll be back hitting the track someday soon, regardless if you get an F or not.

Old 03-26-17, 11:57 AM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-04-17, 06:05 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

^^^ thanks for the pics brothersss, JUST TO UPDATE: i can't believe the insurance wants my car to the body shop for tear down, so i have this week to see what the body shop tells me. I thought they would automatically totaled it... I'm also waiting for the clearance on the aftermarket parts, to part out. So far, the visual/preliminary cost damage is about $16k, but who knows what else is damage behind it. For the mean time, i have some few part out on the classified section. I "might" get another F, so stay tuned....
Old 04-04-17, 06:50 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

As crazy as it is that they would even consider fixing it, I wouldn't personally want it back knowing the extent of the damage. It will never be the same as factory
Old 04-04-17, 07:23 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ thanks for the pics brothersss, JUST TO UPDATE: i can't believe the insurance wants my car to the body shop for tear down, so i have this week to see what the body shop tells me. I thought they would automatically totaled it... I'm also waiting for the clearance on the aftermarket parts, to part out. So far, the visual/preliminary cost damage is about $16k, but who knows what else is damage behind it. For the mean time, i have some few part out on the classified section. I "might" get another F, so stay tuned....
Its 110% total loss
Old 04-04-17, 08:38 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

First of all, sorry to see your car in this shape but glad you're ok.

Moving on, do you have a police report of this? Where did they make the U-turn......

Plus one on the dashcam, I have one as well.
Old 04-05-17, 07:18 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Good that your ok . Material things come and go always replaceable

I know how you feel . It also happened to me and my car was totaled too . I pulled through it and got into another one . Patients things happen for a reason but glad your ok

Quick Reply: We had a great run