IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SmartTap Relay Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 08:47 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jlam86
The departure works perfectly fine. It's just the arrival.
Hmm....that's odd. There shouldn't be a difference with CA-spec models either since it's still North America.

I will relay that message to our engineering team.

In the meantime, if you'd like to try a replacement, please feel free to email our team: contact@diodedynamics.com. We certainly want to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase with us.

I'm terribly sorry if that feature isn't compatible on your ISF!

Nick C.
Old 10-16-17, 09:24 AM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by jlam86
The departure works perfectly fine. It's just the arrival.
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Hmm....that's odd. There shouldn't be a difference with CA-spec models either since it's still North America.

I will relay that message to our engineering team.

In the meantime, if you'd like to try a replacement, please feel free to email our team: contact@diodedynamics.com. We certainly want to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase with us.

I'm terribly sorry if that feature isn't compatible on your ISF!

Nick C.
Departure is working fine on mine also, but no arrival. I emailed support on this issue a few months back and assumed that I and others were on a waiting list unless DD addressed this known issue. Having said that, I doubt a replacement is going to help, unless of course the arrival function has been rectified
Old 10-16-17, 09:34 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPxMODz
Departure is working fine on mine also, but no arrival. I emailed support on this issue a few months back and assumed that I and others were on a waiting list unless DD addressed this known issue. Having said that, I doubt a replacement is going to help, unless of course the arrival function has been rectified
It's just not compatible on certain models, I'm not sure why, but we try to keep that list updated to prevent confusion.

Our engineering team is always improving our products, and we are making a big push to bring more Lexus vehicles in for testing. It's something we will look at when one is brought in here.

Nick C.
The following users liked this post:
JPxMODz (10-16-17)
Old 01-18-18, 11:09 AM
sleepstate
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've ordered my smarttap relay, will be here today and in this weekend.
Very excited to have tap-to-turn back.
Diode Dynamics (03-02-18)
Old 01-19-18, 05:56 AM
sleepstate
Driver

Came in yesterday, decided to give the install a shot last night after work instead of waiting.

Install was easy, it's tight, but not as bad as a couple other cars I've done this on (damn you Subaru!)

**In case anyone is confused about which relay plug it is under the dash ** Pro-tip is to turn the hazard lights on before you get started, and when you're down there you can hear and feel the turn signal relay clicking so you know which one to pull. Then turn the hazards off before disconnecting/reconnecting the new relay.
Old 01-19-18, 06:06 AM
sleepstate
Driver

Tap-to-turn. I have no idea why this was not standard on an ISF, I was surprised when I got my car that Lexus didn't include this from the factory.
Easy to setup/configure.
You can pick the number of flashes you want per tap. I've always thought 3 wasn't quite enough and wanted 4 or 5.

Dislikes:
The "Custom Features" for the hazards do not stick (slo-mo and wig-way). You have to set them again every time you use the hazards, which is annoying. I do use my hazards about once a day parking by the mailbox for my neighborhood (because people don't pay attention here and fly through the residential roads at 45-50)
Old 03-02-18, 12:15 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Just want to verify that the Valenti relay will work on my 2010 ISF (with upgraded 2013 headlights).
Is the install just a plug the relay in and all set? All I want is the 3 blink-tap turn signal feature.

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/index....roduct_id=2342
Old 03-02-18, 12:16 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
Just want to verify that the Valenti relay will work on my 2010 ISF (with upgraded 2013 headlights).
Is the install just a plug the relay in and all set? All I want is the 3 blink-tap turn signal feature.

http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/index....roduct_id=2342
I can verify the Valenti works on a 2009.
Edit: and yes, it's a direct swap P&P.

Last edited by Rickna; 03-02-18 at 12:22 PM.
Rossi (03-02-18)
Old 04-21-18, 07:38 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Installed Valenti SmartTap unit. As advertised, you get three blinks when tapped. Very pleased, thank you Nigel.
I guess next step, perhaps getting some LEDs to replace the turn signal bulbs.
Old 04-26-18, 02:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Did this today with the Diode Dynamics unit. 30 minutes start to finish. If you remove the knee airbag, the install is a cakewalk even with my big hands. After driving the GS F for a couple of weeks I got used to tapping the turn signals and when I got back in my IS, it really seemed primitive to have to click or manually hold the stalk. Laziness strikes again!
Diode Dynamics (04-26-18)
Old 10-01-18, 06:13 AM
Lexxxus007
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone

I have ordered the Diode Dynamics relay and its on the way to me now CANT WAIT!

But just before I get it, can someone tell me where the factory one is exactly on a 2011 IS350? I've read the whole thread but its confused me with different relays everywhere lol. I'll have a look again tomorrow when I get a chance.

Thanks guys.
Diode Dynamics (10-01-18)
Old 10-01-18, 12:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexxxus007
Hello everyone

I have ordered the Diode Dynamics relay and its on the way to me now CANT WAIT!

But just before I get it, can someone tell me where the factory one is exactly on a 2011 IS350? I've read the whole thread but its confused me with different relays everywhere lol. I'll have a look again tomorrow when I get a chance.

Thanks guys.
You might want to post in the 2IS forum. This is the IS F forum, and while it is likely they are in the same place, there's no guarantee.
Old 06-22-19, 12:03 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Updating this thread guys:

I just installed this Smart Tap relay with my new Vland headlights and it worked perfect to eliminate the hyperflash and gain the extra functionality that this provides

Definitely worth the upgrade guys for the added strobe functionality of the flashers and the tap to turn signal is awesome!

Good job Diode Dynamics!
Diode Dynamics (06-24-19)
Old 06-24-19, 08:18 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Updating this thread guys:

I just installed this Smart Tap relay with my new Vland headlights and it worked perfect to eliminate the hyperflash and gain the extra functionality that this provides

Definitely worth the upgrade guys for the added strobe functionality of the flashers and the tap to turn signal is awesome!

Good job Diode Dynamics!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, thanks for the shout-out!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
MileHIFcar (06-24-19)
Old 09-15-20, 02:09 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Where can I get the Valenti Euro Winker Relay? Nigel-jdm shipping shows USPS Retail Ground - $202.35 to snellville, ga

Quick Reply: SmartTap Relay Installed