IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SmartTap Relay Installed

Old 05-26-17, 09:49 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

short video of the flasher in action...taken from my phone so excuse the quality

Yes I know my AFS light is blinking
The following 3 users liked this post by Evil Teo:
Diode Dynamics (05-26-17), JPxMODz (05-26-17), Vervish (05-26-17)
Old 10-06-17, 02:27 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

So I received my relay from Diode Dynamics a few months back and tried installing them when I was in the UK.

Eventually I managed to pull out the OEM relay to find that the unit I was given is different.

I've e-mail Diode Dynamics but have received no reply.

Does anyone know if I've been sent the wrong relay? the OEM one has a cut out as pictured below, but the unit I was given does not.

Have I been sent the wrong relay? and how are Diode Dynamics in terms of customer service? as up to now I've been ignored....not a happy customer here

Old 10-06-17, 02:55 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Can you take a pic from the top side showing both relays side by side. I want to see the pin placement inside
Old 10-07-17, 05:46 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Correct relay, incorrect relay removed.. The relay you removed is incorrect. the correct relay is mounted higher up in the dash. I did the same thing.
Old 10-07-17, 08:58 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Very good imo customer service wise. I've gotten informative, fast responses both here and thru email. How long has it been since you messaged them?!

V.
Old 10-07-17, 02:30 PM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by JPxMODz
Can you take a pic from the top side showing both relays side by side. I want to see the pin placement inside
Sorry won't be able to take any pics anytime soon as the car is in the UK and I'm back to the middle east unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Rickna
Correct relay, incorrect relay removed.. The relay you removed is incorrect. the correct relay is mounted higher up in the dash. I did the same thing.
Really? Damn wish someone had told me this earlier, guess I'll have to wait until the next time I'm with the car to see which relay I have to remove.

Any idea which relay I took out?

if the correct relay is higher up in the dash I'm just wondering how much more difficult it'll be to take out, this one was a pain in the @$$ to remove

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Very good imo customer service wise. I've gotten informative, fast responses both here and thru email. How long has it been since you messaged them?!

V.
E-mailed them with pictures on the 31st July.... over two months now , I would have emailed them again but got busy with business travels and just remembered now that this issue was still pending.
Old 10-07-17, 04:02 PM
Rickna
Racer

Defratos- I'm not sure which relay it is, but when I saw that the lack of keyway in the new relay I knew I had removed the wrong one.
Old 10-07-17, 04:20 PM
Rickna
Racer

Actually from this diagram it looks to be the brake light relay-

#81980 Flasher Relay

#895A1 Stop Lamp Relay
Old 10-08-17, 12:59 PM
Defratos
Racer

Thanks, will try and fix it once I'm back....maybe next summer
Old 10-09-17, 06:01 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I apologize if you haven't received a response from our team yet. Our offices are closed on the weekends, so that may explain it. Our team responds to every email during the week within 24 hours.

I don't foresee there being any differences in fitment between US-spec and other market options. This would definitely be a first for us, if the relay is indeed different for your country's spec.

Our customer service team will reply shortly (Contact@diodedynamics.com).

We will work with you to make sure you are taken care of.

Thank you!
Nick C.
Old 10-10-17, 02:14 AM
Defratos
Racer

Thanks for the update Nick,

As Rickna pointed out it seems I took out the wrong relay, so when I'm back in the UK (probably sometime next year) I'll have another go at taking out the correct relay and will contact you if there's any issues.

Thanks
Old 10-10-17, 06:21 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

We are here to help if you need anything!

Don't hesitate to reach out for assistance.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Old 10-15-17, 10:12 AM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
We are here to help if you need anything!

Don't hesitate to reach out for assistance.

Thank you,
Nick C.

Nick

I purchased one of these relays in the past and everything works fine except the light staying on when unlocking the vehicle. Has this issue been fixed yet? I was told by one of your customer service reps that when you guys have the fix, the update version will be sent out. I haven't gotten any updates yet.

Thanks
Old 10-16-17, 06:11 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jlam86
Nick

I purchased one of these relays in the past and everything works fine except the light staying on when unlocking the vehicle. Has this issue been fixed yet? I was told by one of your customer service reps that when you guys have the fix, the update version will be sent out. I haven't gotten any updates yet.

Thanks
Hello,

Unfortunately, the arrival and departure modes aren't compatible with every CF18-flasher equipped make and model. I believe it's a difference in BCMs from vehicle to vehicle that can play a factor in the software compatibility.

We are planning to bring in many more Lexus models for comparison photos and to check bulb fitments, but I'm not sure the arrival & departure features will be possible on all models.

Nick C.
The following users liked this post:
JPxMODz (10-16-17)
Old 10-16-17, 08:12 AM
jlam86
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Hello,

Unfortunately, the arrival and departure modes aren't compatible with every CF18-flasher equipped make and model. I believe it's a difference in BCMs from vehicle to vehicle that can play a factor in the software compatibility.

We are planning to bring in many more Lexus models for comparison photos and to check bulb fitments, but I'm not sure the arrival & departure features will be possible on all models.

Nick C.

The departure works perfectly fine. It's just the arrival.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SmartTap Relay Installed