IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Tech Question (Bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-17, 12:09 AM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ISF Tech Question (Bluetooth)

So I have a dumb question.. When I hook up my phone to the car via bluetooth, it only answers calls and plays them though the driver tweeter. Is there a mod to where we can play music thought the speakers? I have had my F for a while and havent been able to figure it out other then getting one of those POS dongles and using the Aux..
Old 03-05-17, 12:55 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a 2011, it plays the music via Bluetooth through the speakers with no problem. Once I have a call coming in, the song pauses and I can have my conversation accordingly. I have found that if I connect my phone through Audio it only plays the music. Once I receive a call, it defaults to the actual phone. Not through the car. I'll have to go through the Phone connection setting and go through the process to connect.
Old 03-05-17, 01:15 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think the 08-09 Fs are able to play music over bluetooth, I just use an aux cord in mine.
Old 03-05-17, 09:54 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

no bluetooth audio in 08-09, you need aftermarket.
Old 03-05-17, 01:42 PM
SRTISF
Driver

You would think there is a software update or something.. I use the Aux cord too but its gets annoying since my port is failing and I have to have a dongle since I have an iPhone 7..

I wonder if its possible to swap out the nav/media unit for a 10+ and if that feature would work..
Old 03-05-17, 02:12 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Or you can get the Grom Vline , Grom makes products for Bluetooth music for our cars , Beatsonic also does. Having an 08 also it is annoy using the Aux sucks
Old 03-05-17, 02:48 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I added a vaistech sl3b unit. It works pretty well, but i'd like to figure out how to get it to pick up where my podcast left off at the office instead of always going to a music playlist instead.
Old 03-06-17, 04:29 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I have 2011and can use BT phone with my Note 5 and iPhone 7plus but can not play audio files no matter how many times I've tried setting it up. Music files will not play via BT any ideas?
Old 03-06-17, 08:01 AM
cha7Li3
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe 08-2011 does not include AD2P bluetooth audio streaming. You have to buy an aftermarket attachment in order to get that feature. Luckily I did a quite a bit of testing and shopping around before finding one that works for me.

I recommend the "USA SPEC BT45-TOY." At that price point you'll get Bluetooth autoconnect, text readout of current song on the screen display and steering wheel scroll controls. Very much a close to OEM solution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0178G5RRE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by cha7Li3; 03-06-17 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-06-17, 09:16 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
I have 2011and can use BT phone with my Note 5 and iPhone 7plus but can not play audio files no matter how many times I've tried setting it up. Music files will not play via BT any ideas?
I think it depends on firmware Dave...try to see if it works with an older phone. like note 4 and Iphone 5. it could be due to firmware updates and such. so look into updating the firmware on the lexus. I know iphone is always picky with firmwares.

Originally Posted by cha7Li3
I believe 08-2011 does not include AD2P bluetooth audio streaming. You have to buy an aftermarket attachment in order to get that feature. Luckily I did a quite a bit of testing and shopping around before finding one that works for me.

I recommend the "USA SPEC BT45-TOY." At that price point you'll get Bluetooth autoconnect, text readout of current song on the screen display and steering wheel scroll controls. Very much a close to OEM solution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0178G5RRE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
actually 2010 + does have audio streaming as it is hard drive base navigation and audio system. 2008-2009 doesn't come with audio streaming
The following users liked this post:
Weapon F (03-06-17)
Old 03-06-17, 09:56 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Weapon F & all, on the 2010-2012 the BT can do both the phone and the Audio.
After pairing for the phone tap into the menu and look for "Audio" on the Nav screen.
Open Audio and one banner will read "connect audio player".
Tap the add device and then be ready to tap the phone screen to allow pairing.
To play the phone as an audio source just press the hard dash button Aux twice
and be sure the phone is turned up 1/2 way or higher. I strongly advise using BT
for audio programming from a phone, this let's the phone's BT segue from apps to
phone to music seamlessly. Use the USB for any non phone device.

Note: you can pair four (4) devices as phones but only two (2) as audio players.
You will be connecting your phone as one of each.

Be aware that the steering wheel button "Mode" of course switches from AM to FM
to Sat to BT to CD when pressed briefly. When held longer it preforms a mute on
radio programming but pauses any playback such as iTunes or Pandora!

Last tip on these 2010 - 2012 generation BT models, if and when you add new
contact names and numbers to the phone you must open the phonebook in the
car and open "Option" and update the phonebook. Otherwise you will be pressing
the speech button on the steering wheel and "Call...new name...mobile" will not
connect.
Old 03-06-17, 03:40 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Originally Posted by cha7Li3

Is this what you are talking about(see link)? How difficult was it to install? Where does it go? center console, where the existing aux port is? Mine is actually broken so this would work great for me..

https://www.amazon.com/USA-BT45-TOY-Bluetooth-Select-1998-2014/dp/B0178G5RRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488843372&sr=8-1&keywords=USA+SPEC+BT45-TOY https://www.amazon.com/USA-BT45-TOY-Bluetooth-Select-1998-2014/dp/B0178G5RRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488843372&sr=8-1&keywords=USA+SPEC+BT45-TOY
Old 03-06-17, 11:15 PM
cha7Li3
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTISF
Is this what you are talking about(see link)? How difficult was it to install? Where does it go? center console, where the existing aux port is? Mine is actually broken so this would work great for me..

https://www.amazon.com/USA-BT45-TOY-...+SPEC+BT45-TOY
Yup same one, make sure you get the one from Amazon, just for easier returns/free shipping just in case. As for the install, if you can do your headlights you can definitly do your head unit. Super easy. This video help me out a lot.

The following users liked this post:
JPxMODz (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 02:09 AM
kartoos100
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Weapon F & all, on the 2010-2012 the BT can do both the phone and the Audio.
After pairing for the phone tap into the menu and look for "Audio" on the Nav screen.
Open Audio and one banner will read "connect audio player".
Tap the add device and then be ready to tap the phone screen to allow pairing.
To play the phone as an audio source just press the hard dash button Aux twice
and be sure the phone is turned up 1/2 way or higher. I strongly advise using BT
for audio programming from a phone, this let's the phone's BT segue from apps to
phone to music seamlessly. Use the USB for any non phone device.

Note: you can pair four (4) devices as phones but only two (2) as audio players.
You will be connecting your phone as one of each.

Be aware that the steering wheel button "Mode" of course switches from AM to FM
to Sat to BT to CD when pressed briefly. When held longer it preforms a mute on
radio programming but pauses any playback such as iTunes or Pandora!

Last tip on these 2010 - 2012 generation BT models, if and when you add new
contact names and numbers to the phone you must open the phonebook in the
car and open "Option" and update the phonebook. Otherwise you will be pressing
the speech button on the steering wheel and "Call...new name...mobile" will not
connect.
I am going to check this out today. Have had my F for 3 months now and didnt know this.
Old 03-07-17, 10:15 PM
kartoos100
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Disappointed to find out that my car does not do this. No A2DP profile for the Bluetooth. I have a 2011 ISF GCC Spec with ML and Navigation. So maybe it isnt even an HDD based navigation. super bummed.

Quick Reply: ISF Tech Question (Bluetooth)