IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-17, 12:02 AM
ISFwpg
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
On what planet does the wet time drop 9 seconds below dry time on a 1 minute track?

Edit: I looked at the site/times and it's obviously based 100% on driver submissions. They have a some high performance cars in that list running 1:30 times. That could be the point he is making when trying to compare cars based on findings on the internet...

Last edited by ISFwpg; 03-05-17 at 12:11 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ISFwpg:
IMCHIA (03-05-17), isfvss (03-05-17)
Old 03-05-17, 11:28 AM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you friends with Travis Tran IMCHIA? Just race him . And hopefully you get inner peace brother
The following users liked this post:
F Monster (03-05-17)
Old 03-05-17, 06:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I really didn't want to respond to this thread but the VIR lap time has been reference multiple times. If dragtimes website are used, then we should look at the site below.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/vh80bpfgaku2
Lap Times 6

Hockenheim Short - ISF - 1:15.80 RCF - 1:14.30
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours Club - ISF - 1:28.10 RCF - 1:25.04
Sachsenring - ISF - 1:42.11 RCF - 1:39.53
Hockenheim GP - ISF - 2:04.45 RCF - 2:02.40
Autocar Wet Handling Track - ISF - 1:08.00 RCF - 1:20.60
Autocar Dry Handling Track - ISF - 1:16.90 RCF - 1:15.10
The Lightning Lap is the same drivers on the same course over the same few days. It's hard to get a more even comparison than this. Everything you have posted above is no different from Drag Times - different drivers, different weather, with only one constant - the physical location of the venue. And as was previously mentioned, the '11 IS F ran a slower track than the RC F and GS F. Besides, these two should have slaughtered the IS F's time. They didn't. IMHO, Lexus failed miserably to push the envelope forward with the RC F and GS F. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my GS F. But my IS F is way more fun to drive, and I am confident if I went to an HPDE I would be far more concerned about keeping up with a well driven RC F than I would about just the car.
Old 03-05-17, 08:36 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFwpg
On what planet does the wet time drop 9 seconds below dry time on a 1 minute track?

Edit: I looked at the site/times and it's obviously based 100% on driver submissions. They have a some high performance cars in that list running 1:30 times. That could be the point he is making when trying to compare cars based on findings on the internet...
Exactly. Although some of those times are ran by professional drivers albeit on different days with different track conditions. I enjoy seeing some of those times and then cross referencing with YouTube to see if I can find the actual videos. I would take times by professional over amateur drivers any day.

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Are you friends with Travis Tran IMCHIA? Just race him . And hopefully you get inner peace brother
Inner peace, that's pretty funny. I laughed at that one! I am friends with TTran. I've raced him but it was before he gutted his exhaust manifolds. I even have a video where he jumps and I was able to reel him in before he shuts down. I would think he would agree that my RCF with exhaust is faster than his with exhaust and intake. With his gutted exhaust manifold, I haven't had a clean run with him after that. We will have a good run one of these days. I'm sure he's confident that he'd beat me, but I am pretty confident if we get a even start that I would still pull him up top albeit probably not much. He's faster than other with the same mod, he might have a factory freak on his hand.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The Lightning Lap is the same drivers on the same course over the same few days. It's hard to get a more even comparison than this. Everything you have posted above is no different from Drag Times - different drivers, different weather, with only one constant - the physical location of the venue. And as was previously mentioned, the '11 IS F ran a slower track than the RC F and GS F. Besides, these two should have slaughtered the IS F's time. They didn't. IMHO, Lexus failed miserably to push the envelope forward with the RC F and GS F. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my GS F. But my IS F is way more fun to drive, and I am confident if I went to an HPDE I would be far more concerned about keeping up with a well driven RC F than I would about just the car.
​​​​​​​Except it's not. The Lexus ISF was done in 2011, the RCF in 2015 and the GSF in 2016. Driver could be the same (somewhat doubtful but not willing to do any research haha), but the weather conditions definitely were not. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ested-wow.html . That was the when the time came about which was for the new ISF that obliterated the old ISF numbers.

I understand and agree a 100% that the site I posted was no different than DragTimes hence "If dragtimes website are used, then we should look at the site below." on my post yesterday.

Now that I've cleared that out, this is a forum and I love having debates and fun conversations. I learn a lot about things by engaging myself into car forums. However, I can tell that the whole RCF, ISF, GSF comparison has become a bit of a touchy subject across the board. I really don't have any issues with the RCF not being significantly faster than an ISF. If I wanted a car that was significantly faster than an ISF, I would probably have gotten a different car. At the end of the day, from the day my best friend got his 2009 ISF (brand new in 2009), I've been a fan. Most of the F owners I hangout with in Houston are all ISF owners. I really don't need "inner peace", at the end of the day, I could have gotten an ISF if I wanted to. I chose the RCF for personal preferences.
Old 03-05-17, 09:14 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Exactly IMCHIA we hang out with lots of RCF owners here in Socal also and hanging out and chilling is the best part of our F ers group . We all choose what best suits are needs . Just Love what you drive .
Old 03-07-17, 10:00 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Stock 1/4 times from Drag Times of ISF running 12.3's, 12.4's, 12,5's, 12.6's etc.
Attachment 405060
Originally Posted by Lets Drive
I don't think people have any incentive to lie, but it also depends on a variety of factors unrelated to the car, such as location, track, and driver. They're also posting timeslips and video, so I think people are generally transparent about this. Plus, a number of people posting times on there are also members of this board, where they used to participate in deeper discussion threads. It was friendly competition and very informative.

For example, take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

The fastest cars were running radials, but the trap speeds were indicative of stock power levels. Once the FBO cars come into play, that's when we saw the higher teens for traps, and this was all before the tune was available. I wouldn't suggest just anyone could go out there and post the faster numbers, but I also don't think people are just making things up.

http://www.dragtimes.com/images_time...F-Timeslip.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B89L-C0XBFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAl2kSlsAP8

Im famous!! Ive been posted about twice!
Those were some fun days, when the F felt fast AF and the sound of a nitrous V8 doing a 5 gear burnout, ill always miss. I suppose i could put nitrous on my '10 but its the famly car, lol. Look up my Nitrous 1/4 mile vid. My fav video to date.
I did a 12.8@111 stock on my '10 for reference. Prob could of shaved it down to a 12.6 if I stayed longer.

~Dv8
The following users liked this post:
IMCHIA (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 03:22 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Im famous!! Ive been posted about twice!
Those were some fun days, when the F felt fast AF and the sound of a nitrous V8 doing a 5 gear burnout, ill always miss. I suppose i could put nitrous on my '10 but its the famly car, lol. Look up my Nitrous 1/4 mile vid. My fav video to date.
I did a 12.8@111 stock on my '10 for reference. Prob could of shaved it down to a 12.6 if I stayed longer.

~Dv8
Welcome back to the Family, looks like you missed the F and came back. Having that fast r35 you don't need to mod the new F anymore lol
Old 03-08-17, 09:01 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Welcome back to the Family, looks like you missed the F and came back. Having that fast r35 you don't need to mod the new F anymore lol
Thanks buddy, but...I actually, sort of never left. Sold my '08 in '12 then bought a '10 a month later with my now wife. Right away installed my old Intake and exhaust, so its been around a while I just dont post. The headers are in the attic and ive been reluctant to install them the past 5 years because this car prevents me from speeding...Same goes for a tune, love to get one but I wonder what would be the point, lol. first world problems for sure

~Dv8
Old 03-08-17, 10:34 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I really didn't want to respond to this thread but the VIR lap time has been reference multiple times. If dragtimes website are used, then we should look at the site below.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/vh80bpfgaku2
Lap Times 6

Hockenheim Short - ISF - 1:15.80 RCF - 1:14.30
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours Club - ISF - 1:28.10 RCF - 1:25.04
Sachsenring - ISF - 1:42.11 RCF - 1:39.53
Hockenheim GP - ISF - 2:04.45 RCF - 2:02.40
Autocar Wet Handling Track - ISF - 1:08.00 RCF - 1:20.60
Autocar Dry Handling Track - ISF - 1:16.90 RCF - 1:15.10
I definitely appreciate the input not trying to again state that the ISF is better then the RCF just that these three cars are very close in performance numbers and that FBO ISF turns into car that can surpass its two siblings with decent investment.

Regarding the times that you posted I found something interesting as well all the times that you posted were pre 2011 except for one prior to all updates in 2011.
Hockenheim Short was done with 2010 ISF 2.15.80
Hockenheim GP was done on 9.5.08 2008 ISF 2.04.45
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours done on 6.10.09 2010 ISF 1.28.10.
Now Sachsenring is interesting you posted the slower of two times listed, you posted the pre 2011 ISF of 1.42.11, the 2011 ISF posted time of 1.40.81 on 7.12.11 over 2sec faster then thec previous ISF. The RCF still put down faster time 1.39.53 but with the introduction of the updates in 2011 you see how much closer these two cars now become. On side note ISF had a faster time then E92 M3 which posted 1.40.90.

I still have hope for the F brands especially now that Lexus is finally racing in the GT class. The RCF is definitely holding its own and doing well in this class. The knowledge they will gain buy racing will hopefully filter down into future models Such as 2 gen RCF, GSF LCF perhaps even and ISF if they ever decide to bring it back.

Last edited by Weapon F; 03-08-17 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-08-17, 12:48 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I definitely appreciate the input not trying to again state that the ISF is better then the RCF just that these three cars are very close in performance numbers and that FBO ISF turns into car that can surpass its two siblings with decent investment.

Regarding the times that you posted I found something interesting as well all the times that you posted were pre 2011 except for one prior to all updates in 2011.
Hockenheim Short was done with 2010 ISF 2.15.80
Hockenheim GP was done on 9.5.08 2008 ISF 2.04.45
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours done on 6.10.09 2010 ISF 1.28.10.
Now Sachsenring is interesting you posted the slower of two times listed for the pre 2011 ISF of 1.42.11 and 2011 ISF posted 1.40.81 on 7.12.11 the RCF still put down faster time 1.39.53 but with the introduction of the updates in 2011 you see how much closer these two cars now become. On side note ISF had a faster time then E92 M3 which posted 1.40.90.

I still have hope for the F brands especially now that Lexus is finally racing in the GT class. The RCF is definitely holding its own and doing well in this class. The knowledge that they gained buy racing will hopefully filter down into future models Such as 2 gen RCF, GSF LCF perhaps even and ISF if they ever decide to bring it back.
All I literally did was go to the compare and put in Lexus RCF and ISF. I really did not care enough to handpick slower times.
Old 03-08-17, 08:10 PM
Weapon F

Some more information I found on fastest lap.com comparing both cars ISF & RCF .
ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170307-235503.png ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170307-235556.png
ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-20170308_205210.png
Old 03-09-17, 05:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

If they had only kept the car at the same weight as the IS. There wouldn't be anything to discuss at all.
Old 03-09-17, 06:05 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Dont forget the Tire tech has come along way since 2008 what was then available for Isf and what is now available for rcf is night and day. Pilot sport PS2 over PSS That's a big difference on the track . I would love to see what same tire size and brand does on the stock cars.
Old 03-09-17, 09:05 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If they had only kept the car at the same weight as the IS. There wouldn't be anything to discuss at all.
Couldn't agree with you more, the Achilles heel of RCF is its weight.I love the way it looks both exterior and interior N/A motor, better suspension, etc. But you can't hide that much weight with out having more hp, better suspension like GM's magnetic ride. Everyone understand weight is enemy of all performance vehicles.

Could you imagine if Lexus would have dropping that same drivetrain blue top motor, TVD, track modes, better suspension with carbon fiber roof trunk and deck lid. Any other lightweight components on the ISF to keep its weight under 3800lbs, such as light weight seats, lighter weight chasis like on F80 M4. They would have ended up with beast, it would have shown up its siblings, possibly even LC 500. Lexus will probably not produce
ISF any time soon fearing it could quite possibly pull sales from its Bigger sibling. Much like Porsche not giving Cayman aka 718 now, the same power as its 911 brothers. You can't have your little brother 90k car out perform or match the performance of his 150k to 200k big brothers.

Only time will tell, may they drop the rumored twin turbo 6 from LS into ISF now that would be insane if that ever happened.

Last edited by Weapon F; 03-09-17 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-10-17, 10:30 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Couldn't agree with you more, the Achilles heel of RCF is its weight.I love the way it looks both exterior and interior N/A motor, better suspension, etc. But you can't hide that much weight with out having more hp, better suspension like GM's magnetic ride. Everyone understand weight is enemy of all performance vehicles.

Could you imagine if Lexus would have dropping that same drivetrain blue top motor, TVD, track modes, better suspension with carbon fiber roof trunk and deck lid. Any other lightweight components on the ISF to keep its weight under 3800lbs, such as light weight seats, lighter weight chasis like on F80 M4. They would have ended up with beast, it would have shown up its siblings, possibly even LC 500. Lexus will probably not produce
ISF any time soon fearing it could quite possibly pull sales from its Bigger sibling. Much like Porsche not giving Cayman aka 718 now, the same power as its 911 brothers. You can't have your little brother 90k car out perform or match the performance of his 150k to 200k big brothers.

Only time will tell, may they drop the rumored twin turbo 6 from LS into ISF now that would be insane if that ever happened.
Well said sir! I agree with everything you said. I feel if they are going to release a TT engine. They'll most likely give the new generation ISF a TTV6 and give the bigger siblings like RCF and GSF the TTV8 rumored to be in the LCF. But as of right now it seems that the "bigger siblings" aren't really that much faster than the current ISF due to their weight.

Quick Reply: ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock