IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-17, 05:20 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Stock 1/4 times from Drag Times of ISF running 12.3's, 12.4's, 12,5's, 12.6's etc.
ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170301-081046.png

Last edited by Weapon F; 03-01-17 at 06:40 AM.
Old 03-01-17, 06:37 AM
Weapon F

The whole point of starting this post, was to show that with moddest investment, FBO ISF can run with and some cases out perform STOCK RCF or GSF . Especially if you add RR Racing Tune and Tuned take. Solely on a performance standpoint it keeps it competitive with its much newer siblings.

Unlike the E90 M3's, make it FBO run it against F80 M3/4 and it will not still stand a chance against STOCK F80 M3/4.

I'm not bashing RCF or GSF lm just pointing out FBO and Tuned ISF keeps it competitive with its newest siblings, which is not the case with several of its competitors such as the M3/4.

Last edited by Weapon F; 03-01-17 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-01-17, 10:49 AM
FilwithanF
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by knshro13
After-market support for the IS-F is still scarce after 9 years haha. Thank god for brands and fanatics like Joe-Z, RR Racing, Mike Figaro with Figs, Meraki, Mod in Japan and others who keeps the market somewhat alive in these forums.

These cars arent like BMWs and hondas where they are easy to work on.
I hear you about the Hondas comment, but BMWs are easy to work on? I find that hard to believe, no offense. Otherwise, stealerships, excuse me, dealerships would be charging far less in labor lol.
Old 03-01-17, 08:00 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FilwithanF
I hear you about the Hondas comment, but BMWs are easy to work on? I find that hard to believe, no offense. Otherwise, stealerships, excuse me, dealerships would be charging far less in labor lol.

haha sorry, i should have explained. BMW products have better aftermarket support and products that produce easy power. In our case, not so much.
Old 03-01-17, 08:09 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Stock 1/4 times from Drag Times of ISF running 12.3's, 12.4's, 12,5's, 12.6's etc.
Attachment 405060
No disrespect but do you honestly really think a stock isf can run 12.3-12.6? I really don't believe that source, I'm sorry. It just doesn't prove anything. If I see an rcf time on there 12.3, I also wouldn't believe it. Anyone can post anything up on that website - I would never use that as a source for anything.
Old 03-01-17, 08:31 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

The whole point of starting this post, was to show that with moddest investment, FBO ISF can run with and some cases out perform STOCK RCF or GSF . Especially if you add RR Racing Tune and Tuned take. Solely on a performance standpoint it keeps it competitive with its much newer siblings.

Unlike the E90 M3's, make it FBO run it against F80 M3/4 and it will not still stand a chance against STOCK F80 M3/4.

I'm not bashing RCF or GSF lm just pointing out FBO and Tuned ISF keeps it competitive with its newest siblings, which is not the case with several of its competitors such as the M3/4.
I don't think anyone would disagree that a FBO ISF would be faster than a stock RCF/GSF. They dyno at close to 420-430whp and three hundred pounds lighter than RCF/GSF. I have experience while I was stock, I was head to head with my friend who had intake/exhaust and he dyno around 380whp (might be a bit more than other intake/exhaust ISF since he had a crack on his oem exhaust manifold). After headers he only gain 25ish horsepower compared to the normal high 30s low 40s gains that's advertised.

I also agree there wasn't a drastic change from ISF to RCF performance unlike the E9x and F8x M3s.
Old 03-02-17, 06:06 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Anyone can post anything up on that website.
I don't think people have any incentive to lie, but it also depends on a variety of factors unrelated to the car, such as location, track, and driver. They're also posting timeslips and video, so I think people are generally transparent about this. Plus, a number of people posting times on there are also members of this board, where they used to participate in deeper discussion threads. It was friendly competition and very informative.

For example, take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

The fastest cars were running radials, but the trap speeds were indicative of stock power levels. Once the FBO cars come into play, that's when we saw the higher teens for traps, and this was all before the tune was available. I wouldn't suggest just anyone could go out there and post the faster numbers, but I also don't think people are just making things up.

http://www.dragtimes.com/images_time...F-Timeslip.jpg

Old 03-02-17, 06:44 AM
Weapon F

No disrespect but do you honestly really think a stock isf can run 12.3-12.6? I really don't believe that source, I'm sorry. It just doesn't prove anything. If I see an rcf time on there 12.3, I also wouldn't believe it. Anyone can post anything up on that website - I would never use that as a source for anything.
This 's a very interesting I'll quote Darth Vader "I find your lack of faith disturbing. Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructe RCF" The ability to destroy your competition is insignificant next to the power of ISF

I've been on CL for eight years and I remember toothdoc, Cole and several other members here who running their ISF 8yrs ago trying to get fastest times out their ISF. You need to know how to drag race your car you need to know about prepping your vehicle, track prep weather conditions, da,tires, tire pressure etc.In in order for you to post up TIMES you most produce timeslips with your date prior to posting up your times. Some guys even include their videos along with their Time Slips. Drag times has been around for years and it's one of the most reputable sources for information so whether you believe it or not it's clearly posted with Time Slips and videos which I will now supply for you if you don't believe it.

ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170302-084359.pngISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170302-084911.pngISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170302-084600.pngISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170302-084729.pngISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170302-084751.pngISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170302-085005.pngISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock-screenshot_20170302-085043.png
Old 03-02-17, 06:50 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lets Drive
I don't think people have any incentive to lie, but it also depends on a variety of factors unrelated to the car, such as location, track, and driver. They're also posting timeslips and video, so I think people are generally transparent about this. Plus, a number of people posting times on there are also members of this board, where they used to participate in deeper discussion threads. It was friendly competition and very informative.

For example, take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
Official IS-F Drag Time/Dyno Time/Performance Thread

The fastest cars were running radials, but the trap speeds were indicative of stock power levels. Once the FBO cars come into play, that's when we saw the higher teens for traps, and this was all before the tune was available. I wouldn't suggest just anyone could go out there and post the faster numbers, but I also don't think people are just making things up.

http://www.dragtimes.com/images_time...F-Timeslip.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B89L-C0XBFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAl2kSlsAP8
Thanks for the video. In my opinion, I would not consider a car with drag radials as a stock car. Drag radials provide great traction. Based off of the website, that 12.38 was indicated as stock and it wasn't. Still impressive none-the-less. That's what I meant by the website not being 100% factual or a good source. Of course some of them are legit. That 12.63 looked like a stock run and very impressive.
Old 03-02-17, 07:04 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

This 's a very interesting I'll quote Darth Vader "I find your lack of faith disturbing. Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructe RCF" The ability to destroy your competition is insignificant next to the power of ISF

I've been on CL for eight years and I remember toothdoc, Cole and several other members here who running their ISF 8yrs ago trying to get fastest times out their ISF. You need to know how to drag race your car you need to know about prepping your vehicle, track prep weather conditions, da,tires, tire pressure etc.In in order for you to post up TIMES you most produce timeslips with your date prior to posting up your times. Some guys even include their videos along with their Time Slips. Drag times has been around for years and it's one of the most reputable sources for information so whether you believe it or not it's clearly posted with Time Slips and videos which I will now supply for you if you don't believe it.

Attachment 405119Attachment 405120Attachment 405121Attachment 405122Attachment 405123Attachment 405124Attachment 405125
My good sir, I understand you have been a senior member of this forum hence the no disrespect piece and I understand the science behind getting the best times. However, all I was pointing out was that website could have falsified information. Drag slip times does not indicate that the vehicle was stock. For example, the 12.38 run was on drag radials - I wouldn't considered that stock. Someone could have easily indicated it was stock on that dragsliptime site. I've seen for different vehicles on that site, times ran by obviously modified cars which were indicated as stock. Unfortunately with drag slip times, we can't tell what mods were done. It's honestly just like Wikipedia concept, anyone can add anything.

I don't even understand why you brought up that RCF comment. By no means am I trying to convince anyone that RCF is superior to the ISF. I'm just sharing my experiences with FBOs ISF. At the end of the day, everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I've been a fan of the ISF since my best friend got his in 2009. Although I swore to him, I'd get a M car before I got an F car. That didn't happen. Haha.
Old 03-02-17, 07:12 AM
Weapon F

Here is Video of Cole running 12.379
Old 03-02-17, 07:16 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Here is Video of Cole running 12.379
https://youtu.be/_fkDrqyrjyg

It says drag radials on the video. If you consider drag radials stock, then yes I guess you can claim it as a stock car.
I do consider drag radials a modification - so I disagree - that is not a stock ISF.
Old 03-02-17, 07:34 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the video. In my opinion, I would not consider a car with drag radials as a stock car. Drag radials provide great traction. Based off of the website, that 12.38 was indicated as stock and it wasn't. Still impressive none-the-less. That's what I meant by the website not being 100% factual or a good source. Of course some of them are legit. That 12.63 looked like a stock run and very impressive.
No problem.

I agree with you, I don't consider the lowest times posted there to be factory stock. But I wouldn't totally dismiss the source because of a check-box. The F people do disclose their equipment, so it tells us they merely have a different definition of "stock".

At the end of the day, I still say most of this is on the driver, anyway. Stock or not, the lowest times come from some of the most experienced drivers on our forum (some of them started in the IS350, before F cars existed ).

Cheers and happy motoring
The following users liked this post:
IMCHIA (03-02-17)
Old 03-02-17, 08:20 AM
Weapon F

My good sir, I understand you have been a senior member of this forum hence the no disrespect piece and I understand the science behind getting the best times. However, all I was pointing out was that website could have falsified information. Drag slip times does not indicate that the vehicle was stock. For example, the 12.38 run was on drag radials - I wouldn't considered that stock. Someone could have easily indicated it was stock on that dragsliptime site. I've seen for different vehicles on that site, times ran by obviously modified cars which were indicated as stock. Unfortunately with drag slip times, we can't tell what mods were done. It's honestly just like Wikipedia concept, anyone can add anything.

I don't even understand why you brought up that RCF comment. By no means am I trying to convince anyone that RCF is superior to the ISF. I'm just sharing my experiences with FBOs ISF. At the end of the day, everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I've been a fan of the ISF since my best friend got his in 2009. Although I swore to him, I'd get a M car before I got an F car. That didn't happen. Haha.
I'm just pointing out the empirical evidence, there is caymandiver75 with just drag radios running 12,3 to 12,5, Cole 12.3 both cars ran during winter months which helped them to achieve the Trap times due to the cold air temperatures that being said without running drag radials due to the cold air temperatures you would just spin using standard street tires, and for instant DV8 was stock running 12.6. These are documented numbers hard facts, just just like one of the other posters stated Let's Drive they had no incentive to lie all these folks were on the form for several years and very well known and had great reputations and shared all the knowledge they gained by trial-and-error testing but these races took place at prepared race track the street is different story. And like it's been said a thousand times over the most important mod and in any vehicle is the driver.

So like you said you maybe in fact faster then your friends FBO ISF and there could be many reasons for that the car might not be running right, it may be having issues that he's not even aware of, maybe just doesn't make as much power, you could be the better driver, etc.. In November of 2016 I ran against and RCF he had an exhaust didn't know whether it was a cat back or an axle back but definitely much louder more aggressive you could hear it and see they definitely didn't have the factory tips , we ran from a 156th Street on the West Side Highway of Manhattan all the way to a Cross Bronx Expressway down to Bronx River Parkway, It was no contest. I was much faster then him, was it the cars or the drivers couldn't tell you because I didn't know the driver and what he had totally done to his car but I do know this fact my FBO ISF was much faster then his let's say slightly modded RCF.

At the end of the day they're both great cars and neither one is perfect. For me the ISF is still heavy and the factory suspension is still lacking even when they did the update in 2011 now with support and from ohlins and Penske coilovers combined with some figs engineering parts like Mega control arms and end links two-piece lightwight rotors throw in some lightweight rims with some aggressive rubber and RR Racing SC all help to keep this nearly ten year old design competitive and relevant in today's market.

Last edited by Weapon F; 03-02-17 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-02-17, 02:34 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The fastest time I've seen a completely stock isf achieve was 12.5. This was back then when a group of isfs got together and went to the track for the first time.

Quick Reply: ISF Headers and exhaust vs RCF stock