IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing Intake & Tune Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-17, 10:31 AM
PiusGS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RR Racing Intake & Tune Install

I was commenting on another thread but his issue was something else so I thought I would start my own. I had a few issues when installing the rr racing intake and tune. Okay so after taking the intake apart and installing it again the car ran fine up until the check engine came on. I uploaded the new map that I received from Simon and so far 20 miles and no check engine light. The acceleration feels slow in 2nd gear after 4,500 - 5k ish rpm but once shifted into 3rd gear it takes off. I wonder if the overall length of the intake tube with silicon connections matter? For the people that have personally installed this setup can you please chime in? Maybe upload some pictures of your intake installation or tips and tricks or mods you did on install. Thank you.
Old 01-17-17, 12:56 PM
nicklausw
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What kind of data are you getting? Fuel trim, timing, MAF (g/s), etc.

Which intake elbow are you running?

Have you tried reinstalling the stock air box just to confirm things are normal when it is reinstalled and the stock map is reflashed?
Old 01-17-17, 03:46 PM
PiusGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by nicklausw
What kind of data are you getting? Fuel trim, timing, MAF (g/s), etc.

Which intake elbow are you running?

Have you tried reinstalling the stock air box just to confirm things are normal when it is reinstalled and the stock map is reflashed?
I dont have any data, Im running the carbon fiber intake elbow supplied by rr racing. I haven't reinstalled the stock box or map but I'm sure it would run normal.
Old 01-26-17, 07:15 PM
Richy21
Driver

Did you ever get this solved?
Old 01-26-17, 08:08 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the titanium intake system from RR-Racing but never had any issues.

These are the install procedure i used
Install air box and check it is flush at the bottom as well
Install tubing to end of air box and intake
install intake tube by starting at the intake then working then connection to the air box.
Old 01-27-17, 04:12 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFCOBRA

install intake tube by starting at the intake then working then connection to the air box.
I believe the issue is with the full intake replacement that also replaced the airbox.
The following users liked this post:
ISFCOBRA (01-27-17)
Old 01-27-17, 06:57 AM
nicklausw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFCOBRA

He has the tuned intake, not just an elbow.
ISFCOBRA (01-27-17)
Old 01-27-17, 07:49 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by PiusGS
I was commenting on another thread but his issue was something else so I thought I would start my own. I had a few issues when installing the rr racing intake and tune. Okay so after taking the intake apart and installing it again the car ran fine up until the check engine came on. I uploaded the new map that I received from Simon and so far 20 miles and no check engine light. The acceleration feels slow in 2nd gear after 4,500 - 5k ish rpm but once shifted into 3rd gear it takes off. I wonder if the overall length of the intake tube with silicon connections matter? For the people that have personally installed this setup can you please chime in? Maybe upload some pictures of your intake installation or tips and tricks or mods you did on install. Thank you.
Hey man... so we know about the problem you are having, as well as Nick's problem (who posted his own thread). I just want to emphasize these are very rare issues and we have a lot of these tuned intakes out there. We received a video from PiusGS and a few logs from Nick... and the problem is not obvious to us at this time.

i hope everyone realizes how rare this potential issue is. At this time, I can only say we are trying to pinpoint it. And that said, i want to emphasize that that either of you guys are welcome to return for a full refund -- we are totally committed to supporting the Lexus community and want everyone to be happy with our products.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

YeShrug (04-17-19)
Old 01-27-17, 07:56 AM
nicklausw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hey man... so we know about the problem you are having, as well as Nick's problem (who posted his own thread). I just want to emphasize these are very rare issues and we have a lot of these tuned intakes out there. We received a video from PiusGS and a few logs from Nick... and the problem is not obvious to us at this time.

i hope everyone realizes how rare this potential issue is. At this time, I can only say we are trying to pinpoint it. And that said, i want to emphasize that that either of you guys are welcome to return for a full refund -- we are totally committed to supporting the Lexus community and want everyone to be happy with our products.

Rafi
I haven't posted anything in my thread, but I wanted to say that Rafi and Simon have been nothing short of excellent throughout my issues with up front communication and honesty. I have sent PiusGS a couple of PMs and the last I had heard his was running better on a revised tune. Hopefully he can chime in and give an update.
Old 01-27-17, 11:17 AM
PiusGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Richy21
Did you ever get this solved?
After uploading the new map and checking all the connections by the intake and driving approx. 50 miles the car runs like a beast. Sometimes I feel at about 5k to 5.5k rpm the car is hesitant. I drove it hard yesterday and I didn't have any problems. I ordered the veepeak to get readings and send them to Simon and Rafi.
Old 01-27-17, 11:20 AM
PiusGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Rafi
Thank you for the offer but I really want to keep this product. The more I drive it the better it feels. Yesterday the car ran great.
Justin727 (01-27-17)