IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Does the RR Racing Tune remove the top speed limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-17, 12:11 PM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does the RR Racing Tune remove the top speed limiter?

This is just purely out of curiousity, I have no intention on trying to go top speed in my car, but I have seen a few attempts on Youtube vids and it seems our car has a limiter set at around 280km/hr. Is it possible to remove the limiter? Especially since some folks are now going to be running the supercharger, it will be really cool to see how fast the IS-F can go.
Old 01-15-17, 12:47 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Good question! I've wondered this myself? Only been to 160 myself so have not quite verified this question
Old 01-15-17, 02:20 PM
AlexSweISF
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ...

Actually its limited to 270km/h. I maxed out my f when showing somewhere around 280-285. Since the speedos almost always are set a wee bit higher for safety purposes, if it show 100 real speed is aprox 95.
Also this was something I thought about too. Would be fun if someone maxed it with no limiter. I think (if memory isnt failing) that I almost had all of eight gear left right before hitting the limiter.

Last edited by AlexSweISF; 01-15-17 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo
The following users liked this post:
Eedo123 (01-15-17)
Old 01-15-17, 02:47 PM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually did not know that AlexSwe, thanks for the info! I really hope someone from RR Racing can chime in soon too
Old 01-16-17, 08:40 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

highly doubt it but i don't know if it is need it or where you can reach higher speeds lol, anyways the top speed on the isf is 175 right?
Old 01-16-17, 10:29 PM
kartoos100
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

From what i have heard and seen some posts on Instagram, top speed is limited to 282 KPH (Speedo Reading). There is an option provided by some company in Japan which can remove the limiter and the top speed achieved was 303 KPH (Speedo Reading).

This was in the Middle East so temperature is definitely a factor.

View this post on Instagram
Old 01-17-17, 08:54 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Eedo123
This is just purely out of curiousity, I have no intention on trying to go top speed in my car, but I have seen a few attempts on Youtube vids and it seems our car has a limiter set at around 280km/hr. Is it possible to remove the limiter? Especially since some folks are now going to be running the supercharger, it will be really cool to see how fast the IS-F can go.
Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Good question! I've wondered this myself? Only been to 160 myself so have not quite verified this question
To answer your question the answer is NO. This was discussed several months ago in early 2016 in RR Racing tune thread that's was started. Rafi stated that they had no plans on removing factory speed limit of 168MPH. Early on when they were bench flashing ecu they did offer increase in rev limiter to 7200 and 7400 rpm but found that these increase did not offer any true benefit and could potentially do some damage. I believe they no longer offer this option in tune.

Originally Posted by blackisF08
highly doubt it but i don't know if it is need it or where you can reach higher speeds lol, anyways the top speed on the isf is 175 right?
Lexus limited the speed to 168MPH, but I have seen videos and threads of people that have hit 170Mph.
Old 01-17-17, 12:54 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
To answer your question the answer is NO. This was discussed several months ago in early 2016 in RR Racing tune thread that's was started. Rafi stated that they had no plans on removing factory speed limit of 168MPH. Early on when they were bench flashing ecu they did offer increase in rev limiter to 7200 and 7400 rpm but found that these increase did not offer any true benefit and could potentially do some damage. I believe they no longer offer this option in tune. Lexus limited the speed to 168MPH, but I have seen videos and threads of people that have hit 170Mph.
I hit 177mph redline 6th on stock ecu on dyno
Old 01-17-17, 04:25 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
I hit 177mph redline 6th on stock ecu on dyno
Dynos don't countL they all read differently you can't account for wind resistants road conditions etc. Put any car on dyno and you will get higher top speed number then factory setting. Look on youtube, there ISF's that posted 201mph top speed another 197mph that was with 100 shot of NOS. You ll see all sorts of numbers posted on dyno's if you run the the car for top speed run.
Old 01-17-17, 05:23 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Dynos don't countL they all read differently you can't account for wind resistants road conditions etc. Put any car on dyno and you will get higher top speed number then factory setting. Look on youtube, there ISF's that posted 201mph top speed another 197mph that was with 100 shot of NOS. You ll see all sorts of numbers posted on dyno's if you run the the car for top speed run.
Of course no wind resistance...etc. This is the tach reading on the car during the dyno. I don't know what the speed limiter is but I would expect interruption if the speed limiter was reached. I don't think the car ecu would know whether the car wa s on the road or a dyno
Old 01-17-17, 05:33 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Of course no wind resistance...etc. This is the tach reading on the car during the dyno. I don't know what the speed limiter is but I would expect interruption if the speed limiter was reached. I don't think the car ecu would know whether the car wa s on the road or a dyno
online top track speed says 170mph limited
Old 01-17-17, 05:49 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blackisF08
online top track speed says 170mph limited
Here's when I was on the dyno. I was running stock tire sizes so reading is accurate
View this post on Instagram
Old 01-17-17, 10:34 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

That's true^^^the car doesn't know it's on dyno spinning a drum or on the road doing that speed? If the car is limited at 170 then why wouldn't it cut power at 170 on the dyno regardless??

If that was true why was jspecvtec car allowed to spin up to 177 in 6th gear without the ECU pulling power at the limiter?

Anyone? Just curious as are a few others on the board........
Old 01-17-17, 11:03 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
That's true^^^the car doesn't know it's on dyno spinning a drum or on the road doing that speed? If the car is limited at 170 then why wouldn't it cut power at 170 on the dyno regardless?? If that was true why was jspecvtec car allowed to spin up to 177 in 6th gear without the ECU pulling power at the limiter? Anyone? Just curious as are a few others on the board........
All of us pull up to 175-177mph, isf4life, tranv and bnizzle on both stock ecu and rrr tuned
Old 01-18-17, 11:28 AM
fwdGTP
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I can tell you from experience that it does not remove the speed limiter, because when I installed the IS350 Diff the top speed limiter came on at about 120 mph. I did however contact them and they sent me a tune with the limiter removed which I can also confirm works.

Quick Reply: Does the RR Racing Tune remove the top speed limiter?