Crazy price on an orange F

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-17, 08:53 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink Crazy price on an orange F

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=159506619

I saw this for sale the other day. If the title is clean then this may be the best deal on any IS-F I've ever seen! It looks like it's loaded with mods: custom steering wheel, front lip, aftermarket wheels, roof spoiler, trunk spoiler, etc. Nav + Mark Levinson equipped too, it's almost like this car was owned by a club member since the mods were tastefully done.

Am I missing something here? 23k for a 100k miles F with many mods?

Great deal for anyone looking for a new F!
Old 01-12-17, 08:59 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If I'm not mistaking, that one had a number of mechanical issues. Someone on this Forum was an owner of that particular F. It has body work done to it.

By the way, that is no custom steering wheel. And modifications usually don't mean great value. In fact in most cases (unless done by famous/known performance shops with big names) modifications will lower the value of the car. I wouldn't trust a car with work done to it unless I was there to witness the work performed. It also looks like there's some wiring jobs performed. Personally, I would stay away from this and pay the premium for a bone stock ISF.
Old 01-12-17, 09:13 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That does heavily change the perspective if it had several issues in the past and now that i look at it, it has a steering wheel cover lol. I usually browse used car websites for fun so it was an interesting find. I myself wouldn't mind paying for a modded cars if the mods were things I would have planned anyway. VIN check does show it hasn't been in an accident though.
Old 01-12-17, 10:36 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Tough color for resale for the F unfortunately. One-off paint jobs almost will never cut it for a rare car like this.
Other than that, fairly clean and if no accidents, a lot of car for the money. But with all the mod, installation/wiring will def need to be looked over.

V.
Old 01-12-17, 10:47 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

It is still a good car at the right price good luck.
Old 01-13-17, 07:59 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Not sure why you think it's a great price, there were two in the DC area both with exhuasts and one with updated lights that were for sale for months at $23k and had 105 and 115k. A number on autotrader nationwide as well for $22-25k with 90k+ miles when I was searching for mine a couple months back. As far as mods, they don't really add value to the car since it doesn't come with stock parts being from a dealer, and added up save for the wheels you're not really looking at that much to add those parts even new.
Old 01-13-17, 08:16 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

That cars been for sale for a long time--no surprise....it's orange! You have to imagine that paint job alone has to knock like 5k of value off the car.
Old 01-13-17, 08:51 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I notice the following:
  • Forged BBS wheels replaced by cast Vossen wheels
  • F logo is missing from steering wheel
  • Shift lock cover missing from center console
  • Vinyl carbon wrap covering actual silver texalium trim pieces
  • Steering wheel cover
  • 08-10 headlight enclosures have been opened and painted black, angel eyes installed & LED strip
  • Orange paint
  • LED's in cluster needles appear to be failing
  • K&N intake
  • Wiring ran straight from the battery to headlights for LEDs

I think they are actually asking too much for this car..
Old 01-13-17, 09:35 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Why oh why would someone paint an ISF bright orange? I just don't understand how people think sometimes.....
Old 01-13-17, 09:54 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Why oh why would someone paint an ISF bright orange? I just don't understand how people think sometimes.....
ask lexus

Old 01-13-17, 10:27 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

The steering wheel just has a cover on it. That big blue push button is alarming. This is fox marketing IS-F. They reverse crushed the car . Lol
Old 01-13-17, 11:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Me either, it's certainly not my cup of tea. But from what I read in the RCF forums, it seems popular and the optional color for the brake calipers is orange, ugh

Depending upon where you're from it's either called Molten Pearl, Solar Flare, or Lava Mica.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Crazy price on an orange F-tinygrab-screen-shot-1-13-17-12.58.51-pm.png  
Old 01-13-17, 12:02 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
Me either, it's certainly not my cup of tea. But from what I read in the RCF forums, it seems popular and the optional color for the brake calipers is orange, ugh

Depending upon where you're from it's either called Molten Pearl, Solar Flare, or Lava Mica.

Lou
Hey Lou! Yeah, there is a factory orange GSF at a dealer not far from me and its been there forever! Its like nobody wants it.....
Old 01-13-17, 12:05 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Hey Lou! Yeah, there is a factory orange GSF at a dealer not far from me and its been there forever! Its like nobody wants it.....
GSF in orange is a no go lol. The RCF looks good in those loud colors though.
Old 01-13-17, 01:26 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Great deal ? It would have to be stock for it to be a decent deal (although I've seen cheaper stock for $20k with 100k miles and up), modded like that I wouldnt drive it even if it was free

Last edited by kolyan; 01-13-17 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Crazy price on an orange F