Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the F Family.

​​​​​​​The F is a beauty in this color!
Old 12-27-16, 05:04 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the club. Also, excellent choice in color!

It's always funny to hear people who don't drive any of these cars, say that people who buy them don't care about gas mileage. Well, it may not always be the highest priority, but nobody frowns at good power combined with relatively good MPG and no gas guzzler.

The F is a gem. Enjoy!
Old 12-27-16, 11:30 PM
Bavarian
Driver School Candidate

It is the same experience from Tim Schrick in this test between the C63 and the ISF

Old 12-27-16, 11:58 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

For a short period, I had an optioned-out 12' C63 and I am left with the impression that the C63 was faster. However, I think the power delivery on the ISF is more linear and I definitely don't feel the random gobs of torque that the C63 spat out. Think that's what you meant by smooth. I've had the T/C turned off only once in that beast.. Paddle shifts are about the same (if the C63 is in sports mode). Otherwise the comfort mode is best for auto. I think that's when you're experiencing the delay? Even if the C63 is somehow slower, it feels faster and always felt fun to drive.

Yea, the MPG difference for me was ~11mpg (C63) and 14.5mpg (isf) on 95% city. Can't comment on maintenance.. just tires. For the rest of you, google how much a set of AMG brakes cost at the stealership - and you will always lease an AMG. My switch hinged on the ISF being reliable and cheap - which is why I passed on the E90 like you did. But anything after a 335 must be less maintenance

Anyways, congrats on getting a 12'. Wish I did more research and gotten a 12+.
Old 12-28-16, 01:50 AM
SRTISF
Driver

Nice color

I was on the fence about the C63 for a bit too.. But after driving the F, it sold me.. The sound is just incredible.. ALSO... when you get your first repair bill for the benz, you wont be liking it so much anymore. My F has 95k on it and has cost me $1900 in repairs total. Value plate leak and a radiator. Not including tires and brakes and oil.

I think between the M3, C63, ISF and any american muscle. the ISF takes the cake due to the reliability, and cheap repair bills compared to german cars.
Old 12-29-16, 08:15 PM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! Always wanted to test drive the c63 but I think I made the right choice for a daily..,
Old 12-30-16, 10:16 AM
ISFMichael
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pick up! I have the exact year and colour as you...you won't be disappointed!

But I will say, don't expect to get noticed or complimented too often on the ISF in stock form. Anytime that I ever get a compliment it's usually from a car person that really knows their stuff. But you would be surprised how many car guys still don't know what an ISF is. Most people that I speak to just hear IS and assume it's a regular model IS250/350. Then I always have to go on to explain to them what an ISF model is and what's different about it...then after that I usually have to give them an example of a 3 series BMW vs M3 and then they usually finally get it. But I didn't buy this car to impress people or to get compliments, I bought it for myself.

When I first picked mine up most of my buddy's didn't appreciate the car until I took them for a rip it in, then they were like WTF, this car is crazy!

Ever since installing my borla catback the other month, my car now seems to get more attention and turns heads. So the car sort of lost it's sleeper value, but the sound is amazing, so it was worth it.

Anyway, welcome to the ISF family, enjoy the car!
Old 12-31-16, 04:04 PM
5280ISF
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 12-31-16, 10:52 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome to the NGP club, rare breed.

I remember this dealership, they are in Hayward. Test drove a 2010 black ISF there once upon a time.

The scenery in the pictures looks like San Ramon, Dublin or Pleasanton. I never saw another NGP in the East Bay. Saw one in Marin County.

Hope you're enjoying the roads out there, Highway 120 towards Sierra Nevada is a lot of fun. Watch out for a new white M3 in San Ramon, my friend drives that, he just finished breaking it in. You should check out Cars N Coffee at the Blackhawk Plaza in Danville, I was the only ISF there on a regular basis.

The photos and the car just makes me feel like I just bought my car all over again. Bought mine in Serramonte, 01/05/2013.

Last edited by 2URGSE; 12-31-16 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-01-17, 01:31 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome. congrats on the F and rare color in choice as you dont see too many people with this color for the F. i have always said this color really stands out on the F like the USB F. I myself have a MRM F and in my area i think im the only one with that color so make me feel like i'm driving a rare color F. as far as your comparison with the C63 and the F looks standing out i have to agree with you. the C looks plain and sad looking from the outside and not much different the a Sport package C350. the F on the other hands look different the a regular ISX50 body wise and engine and sound. the C63 engine and interior is good and very well designed by the Germans. on the other hands the engine and its lack of Gas milage would yeiled the same if the F had a 6.3L engine under hood as well. It would take more to make the C63 stand out than the F that already stands out with its aggressive looking body.

heres a small teaser of what to come when you start with just the exhaust on our bad boy F's

Old 01-01-17, 01:57 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by St4nc3
Welcome. congrats on the F and rare color in choice as you dont see too many people with this color for the F. i have always said this color really stands out on the F like the USB F. I myself have a MRM F and in my area i think im the only one with that color so make me feel like i'm driving a rare color F. as far as your comparison with the C63 and the F looks standing out i have to agree with you. the C looks plain and sad looking from the outside and not much different the a Sport package C350. the F on the other hands look different the a regular ISX50 body wise and engine and sound. the C63 engine and interior is good and very well designed by the Germans. on the other hands the engine and its lack of Gas milage would yeiled the same if the F had a 6.3L engine under hood as well. It would take more to make the C63 stand out than the F that already stands out with its aggressive looking body.

heres a small teaser of what to come when you start with just the exhaust on our bad boy F's

https://youtu.be/O7eV1U-QdUs
nice, did you just get the axle back or did you add additional custom piping?
Old 01-01-17, 07:43 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Diesel350
nice, did you just get the axle back or did you add additional custom piping?
I have a 3" Cartreats midpipe as well.
Old 01-02-17, 10:38 AM
CometVR4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm sure this car isn't a head turner like a exotic but people just seem to notice it even if they don't know what it is.

I do have a daily but the C63 was just annoying trying sometimes. 150 miles and I needed to fill up. Gas tank should've been larger capacity. The reliability on the C63 wasn't bad either. The couple of times I did have an unscheduled stop did cost me over $1500 but service A and B services only cost me around $200-$250. I remember going through a lot of rear tires. Even if you didn't push it the tires just seemed to wear out from its crazy torque which I think that's what gives me and others the feeling this car is stronger than the IS F because it pulls and pulls. The IS F's gearing makes it so much more fun it's like it just goes and the pull is very consistent. I look down at the speedo and the car is in triple digits.

I really wanted a 2010 IS F because I didn't like the speedo in the 11+ cars but it's grown on me last few years. Drove a few 08's and I actually liked the tighter suspension but I didn't like the lack of iPod interphace and more I read the forums I decided get the newest year I could afford.

Here is a video of my Mercedes acceleration

here is a one of my IS F

After reviewing the videos they seem pretty close unofficially
Old 01-02-17, 10:44 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Your IS-F seems faster, even with the traction control kicking in for a second.
Old 01-02-17, 02:02 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Yeah i would have to agree with 2URGSE. your F pulled a 0-60 in about 4.9sec. and the C63 0-60 in 6.2sec. but i know for sure in a long straight run the C would take the F

Quick Reply: Went from a C63 to IS F??