IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another great track day at AZ MotorSports Park ( with another ISF to run with ) !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-16, 02:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Another great track day at AZ MotorSports Park ( with another ISF to run with ) !!

Had some really fun sessions at AMP with my buddy Zach in his beautiful 2011 ISF (KW suspension and Joe Z exhaust). The weather was very cold for AZ. The morning temps were high 40s low 50s but clear and sunny. We both ran the Orange/advanced and intermediate to the top dog group of drivers , the Green group. This is the pre race class. These cars are usually the track built cars that are towed in or high end factory built track cars like modded GTRs, Z06s, track prepped bimmers. I still remember feeling intimidated about moving from Red ( beginner ), to the intermediate/advanced Orange, and it was no issue. Just drivers who were faster and more comfortable. Well this was the same . Everyone moves a bit faster. Rather than passing all the time you are being passed but running with faster cars is how you learn in my opinion.

My rear tires were at, err..... have been at , the tread wear indicator so they had much less grip than a new set. I let them warm up and tried to be a little smoother with throttle inputs on corner exit but still found the TCS keeping my inline. It allowed to push about as hard as I had ever pushed on this track without going off or spinning on old dry rears in cold weather . Thank you engineers.

Had so much fun running directly with another ISF in front or behind me. Zack is a great driver and did really well . It was his first time on this course and he had no issue stepping up to the green group like a boss!

The Tom's kit did great too. Our cars definetly attracted some attention. We had several people come up to talk about the cars or just ask to check them out.

The next couple of track days coming up are on really short tracks I'm not as fond of so may be spreading my track days out a bit for only the best tracks . This marks the 18th ISF track day for me. This old girl is seasoned . Still on stock suspension and pads . Lexus built more of a performance car than many know, including some of the owners . If any of you out there are curious , please do yourself a favor and give it a shot. You're sitting on a gold mine of fun and enjoyment . I promise you will never forget it. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on and will not land you in jail

https://youtu.be/cc_5Z33lEXk

https://youtu.be/xIKi-l_uFuk
Attached Thumbnails Another great track day at AZ MotorSports Park ( with another ISF to run with ) !!-photo485.jpg   Another great track day at AZ MotorSports Park ( with another ISF to run with ) !!-photo162.jpg   Another great track day at AZ MotorSports Park ( with another ISF to run with ) !!-photo638.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 12-18-16 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-18-16, 02:56 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Awesome vids, but WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE HANGING FROM YOU REARVIEW MIRROR and how does that not distract you???
Old 12-18-16, 04:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jz39
Awesome vids, but WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE HANGING FROM YOU REARVIEW MIRROR and how does that not distract you???
It's a something I hang for good luck. Haha unusually have a kids sock wrapped around it and have it tucked behind the rear view mirror but I forgot . When you are pushing that hard you don't even notice stuff like that .
Old 12-19-16, 04:24 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

awesome run tammer with nice weather...l miss hitting the track, maybe on up coming spring...
Old 12-19-16, 01:36 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Tammer, I vote for you to be "#1 Official Track Junkie". Great footage!

Last edited by Rickna; 12-20-16 at 05:22 AM.
Old 12-19-16, 04:02 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Great videos man. I wish we had more track days around here but the season is over. I need a lot more practice.
Old 12-19-16, 04:39 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Great videos! That looks like so much fun..

I'm certainly no expert, but I think you need to take the plunge and upgrade your suspension! IMHO, your lines were consistently better than the other ISF (no offense to Zach). Yet, he was able to hold you off for awhile (perhaps due in part to the KW coilovers).

-Mike
Old 12-19-16, 11:22 PM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft

I'm certainly no expert, but I think you need to take the plunge and upgrade your suspension! IMHO, your lines were consistently better than the other ISF (no offense to Zach). Yet, he was able to hold you off for awhile (perhaps due in part to the KW coilovers).

-Mike
I think he mentioned his rears were not in the best shape well worn I think he may have said.

To be honest I love watching all of your guys vids.I just think he's reached the end of the performance of the factory setup using road rubber.

Id love to see you and Tammer with more grip another set of wheels gripped up on slicks.

Its a lot harder on the car but the adhesion level across the board is shockingly eye opening.
Old 12-20-16, 10:20 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
awesome run tammer with nice weather...l miss hitting the track, maybe on up coming spring...
Thanks man. Yeah, here in AZ its like opposite of the rest of the country. We run all winter and spring and then usually try to chill out in the summer but I always find myself jonesing and hitting a track event in August. ( then trigger oil temp warning lol)
Originally Posted by Rickna
Tammer, I vote for you to be "#1 Official Track Junkie". Great footage!
Thanks man !!! Means a lot
Originally Posted by jat0223
Great videos man. I wish we had more track days around here but the season is over. I need a lot more practice.
It will be back sooner than you think. The fact that you want to practice says a lot about you as a driver. Most dont give a damn. Its all fronting lol
Originally Posted by mikersoft

-Mike
I have been kicking the idea around of going with ohlins coils but I want to maintain the overall balance. I think its a great setup for street and track stock, but I would like to reduce some roll in the corners

Originally Posted by autoz4me
I think he mentioned his rears were not in the best shape well worn I think he may have said.

To be honest I love watching all of your guys vids.I just think he's reached the end of the performance of the factory setup using road rubber.

Id love to see you and Tammer with more grip another set of wheels gripped up on slicks.

Its a lot harder on the car but the adhesion level across the board is shockingly eye opening.
Hopefully sooner than later.. My rears were at the indicator at the start of the day. They are chewed the hell up now. Next good track day is in 6 weeks. Will probably do 60k service and new tires soon and get back out there !
Old 12-20-16, 09:36 PM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Tammer when are you going to get the itch to go further with grip and suspension?

It is very clear to me that you are on the edge performance wise with the package you have.Are you content staying where your at or do you want to open that can of beans and push further?

I can tell there's a healthy track community on here which I like a lot and your dead right about the F the track is where it belongs.