IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

960 HP in my garage (good bye ISF)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-16, 05:44 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Noooo!! Don't sell the ISF. If you can afford 4 cars, you can afford to keep the F.

We genuinely enjoyed you being a socal ISF member.. Very enthusiastic and jolly.. Definitely keep coming out.

You still owe me for buying that tune from Rafi at the F meet.. Don't sell the F and we're good! :P

-Josh
Thanks Josh. All the SoCal ISF guys are awesome! Sorry about buying the tune directly from Rafi. I owe you for sure. :-)
Old 12-15-16, 08:33 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. I've had my eye on the turbo s as well.
Old 12-15-16, 09:46 PM
Sameer89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a beautiful purchase! And the only acceptable upgrade from the ISF, in my opinion
Old 12-15-16, 09:56 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

OK. I'll be the butthead in this thread.

This car is nothing even remotely like the ISF. Two doors. No back seat worth mentioning (and that's saying a lot because we just bought a GSF because the ISF's back seat is not all that), and really, a GT4 will give it serious pain at the track. So, what need does this car fulfill? It's not at all utilitarian, it surely does not do what the ISF does because it is too small, and my Supra with hp upgrades would make it appear slow. So, you bought a two door German car with a racing heritage to replace a four door sedan? Good on you, but it's not the ISF, not a competitor to the ISF, nor will it ever be capable of doing what the ISF does daily - take you and three other adults from the airport with luggage to a destination a reasonable distance away.

Congrats for buying something you wanted, but I'm not among the impressed, and it surely isn't because I can't buy one, it's because I don't want one. GT3 with PDK or nothing.
Old 12-15-16, 10:40 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

GT porsches r the only ones I'm getting too . Turbos r good daily drivers tho. So much torque!
Old 12-16-16, 06:10 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Nice car but I have to side with lobux on this one!
Performance wise, it's slightly better than the IS-F but not by a large margin. Price e to performance isn't even comparable between the 2! On the space part, quite obvious the F has more space, but highly doubt you need the space if you have other vehicles and the fact that you're offing the F for a 2 door.
Lastly, 'most' Porsche cars are hard to distinguish from another for someone who doesn't study each model to know the difference. For the most part, the $100k one looks like the $40k one, etc etc.

Just a question because I'm curious, lol, but why didn't you go with the Turbo S...or the GT4?
Enjoy the new car though!!! I'm sure you're one of the very few in your area with that '17 model!

V.
Old 12-16-16, 07:06 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats George! hope to see your around the OC.....
Old 12-16-16, 07:14 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Beautiful machine congrats. No comparison to the IS-F in anyway.
Old 12-16-16, 08:02 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
OK. I'll be the butthead in this thread.

This car is nothing even remotely like the ISF. Two doors. No back seat worth mentioning (and that's saying a lot because we just bought a GSF because the ISF's back seat is not all that), and really, a GT4 will give it serious pain at the track. So, what need does this car fulfill? It's not at all utilitarian, it surely does not do what the ISF does because it is too small, and my Supra with hp upgrades would make it appear slow. So, you bought a two door German car with a racing heritage to replace a four door sedan? Good on you, but it's not the ISF, not a competitor to the ISF, nor will it ever be capable of doing what the ISF does daily - take you and three other adults from the airport with luggage to a destination a reasonable distance away.

Congrats for buying something you wanted, but I'm not among the impressed, and it surely isn't because I can't buy one, it's because I don't want one. GT3 with PDK or nothing.
The turbo S will absolutely shame our cars while still being a very nice dd, I'm sure he has another 4 door in his 4 car garage.
Old 12-16-16, 09:26 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats on the purchase, always liked them.
Old 12-16-16, 09:55 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TranV
Congrats George! hope to see your around the OC.....
Absolutely! I'll bring it to the next local meet
Old 12-16-16, 10:00 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by plex
Beautiful machine congrats. No comparison to the IS-F in anyway.
Thanks! According to Lobux and others, it is hardly better than an ISF😂. Yeah, ok😂. I'm looking forward to seeing a stock ISF go 0-60 in 2.9 seconds! I've got a few other 4 door cars, so a 2 passenger car is just fine with me. I know Lobux has a highly modded 20+ year old Supra. Good for him. I love Supras. I used to have one!
Any who, I still love the ISF! Always have, always will!

Last edited by ISF_GG; 12-16-16 at 11:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ISF_GG:
BirgeyT1 (12-16-16), sahelmad24 (12-16-16)
Old 12-16-16, 10:29 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
Thanks! According to Lobux and others, it is hardly better than an ISF😂. Yeah, ok😂. I'm looking forward to seeing an ISF go 0-60 in 2.9 seconds! I've got a few other 4 door cars, so a 2 passenger car is just fine with me. I know he's got a highly modded 20+ year old Supra. I love Supras. I used to have one!
Any who, I still love the ISF! Always have, always will!
I have a 95 Hardtop Supra myself should make around mid 7's at wheels here pretty soon. But yea 911 cars are special buddy had a 996 and I absolutely loved everything about it except those headlights lol.
Old 12-16-16, 10:33 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by plex
I have a 95 Hardtop Supra myself should make around mid 7's at wheels here pretty soon. But yea 911 cars are special buddy had a 996 and I absolutely loved everything about it except those headlights lol.
Sounds like an awesome Supra! Sadly in California, it's almost impossible to DD a highly modded car. Too many laws against it now.
Old 12-16-16, 10:39 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
Sounds like an awesome Supra! Sadly in California, it's almost impossible to DD a highly modded car. Too many laws against it now.
I visit Norcal, San Jose area quite often for work my company told me they would move me out there. It's pretty tough there with the laws and stuff but at the same time I did see a good amount of modded cars too so it may not be that bad. No way I would have Supra out there registered in CA though. Full Bolt on R35 GTR is what I would do if I moved there and didn't have Supra.

Quick Reply: 960 HP in my garage (good bye ISF)