IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Valley Plate Class Action

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-16, 01:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think they need to tep up and take care of this issue. It seems more like a when and not an if
Old 12-09-16, 01:58 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car's at the dealership right now getting this done. If you ever get offered an extended warranty from First Extended Service Corporation I highly advise you to stay away. Dealer quoted me $1800 and they are only willing to cover $300. What a waste of a $3000 warranty. They are unwilling to believe that the labor time with lexus will take about 9.5 hours as it is not in their "guide."
Old 12-09-16, 02:28 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by subiepunk
My car's at the dealership right now getting this done. If you ever get offered an extended warranty from First Extended Service Corporation I highly advise you to stay away. Dealer quoted me $1800 and they are only willing to cover $300. What a waste of a $3000 warranty. They are unwilling to believe that the labor time with lexus will take about 9.5 hours as it is not in their "guide."

most 3rd party warranties are total crap..
Old 12-09-16, 04:12 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Depends on the company. I'll have to look at the one I got on the wife's Mercedes, but confirmed with my uncle who works for BMW that he would classify it almost as good as purchasing a CPO factory warranty. $3200 for 100k miles/10 years and the deductible is only like a $100 or something.
Old 12-11-16, 12:49 AM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had valley leak
Repaired by silicone :-) after asking some of the guyz here
Daily driving car
I live in uae- dubai
And temp is always above 35'c
Now drove more than 70,000km after being repaired .
Cost 400$
Old 12-12-16, 11:04 AM
davecape2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got mine fixed. I had 73,000 miles on it. Complained to the service manager and he contacted corporate. Lexus ended up paying for the cost to fix. It would have cost me $855 because they were already doing the ELF recall.
Old 12-12-16, 05:15 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

dropped off the car today and let see what happened...
Old 12-12-16, 07:18 PM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Repaired by the dealership during sensor recall

Cost out of pocket $1159 cdn

214600 km
June 2015
Old 03-29-17, 10:24 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2008 isf with 61k on it. It's starting to leak from the valley plate and also I have the melting dash and door cards and the dealer just said that they won't cover anything because my Vin number isn't one of the candidates for replacement. They're getting so bad I got tar on several of my pants and it doesn't come off. The dealer had my car for three weeks and didn't give me a rental, so that they will have someone from Lexus come down and look at it and then corporate contacted me back and said that they cannot get that person to come down to inspect my vehicle and that there's nothing they can do. I'm going to contact a lawyer as well as dedicate a website against them for their negligence on my car. They wasted my time.

Last edited by isfdude; 03-29-17 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-30-17, 06:53 PM
SRTISF
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by isfdude
I have a 2008 isf with 61k on it. It's starting to leak from the valley plate and also I have the melting dash and door cards and the dealer just said that they won't cover anything because my Vin number isn't one of the candidates for replacement. They're getting so bad I got tar on several of my pants and it doesn't come off. The dealer had my car for three weeks and didn't give me a rental, so that they will have someone from Lexus come down and look at it and then corporate contacted me back and said that they cannot get that person to come down to inspect my vehicle and that there's nothing they can do. I'm going to contact a lawyer as well as dedicate a website against them for their negligence on my car. They wasted my time.

Good luck my friend.. I tried to be a huge ***** about it and came back just getting my car blacklisted by the dealer for being "modded".

But it looks my theory about this being a time related issue seems to be the case. Milage doesn't seem to relate, its more about how old the gasket is and its failing due to age.
Old 03-30-17, 09:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTISF
...But it looks my theory about this being a time related issue seems to be the case. Milage doesn't seem to relate, its more about how old the gasket is and its failing due to age.
If this were true, my 07/2008 build would have failed by now. It hasn't. I suspect it is something else.
Old 03-31-17, 05:56 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i wish my i still had my 91 Mustang LX. that baby was bad ***. only maybe 250 to the crank, but what i did with it was awesome and never left me stranded(after i learned how to work on the fox body.). i'm losing confidence on Lexus/Toyota products.

Lance. would you buy another IS F, or Supra?
Old 03-31-17, 06:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^Late last year he bought a GSF for his wife, so I would say yes!

Lou
Old 03-31-17, 08:40 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by isfdude

Sorry to hear that, not all dealership are the same. My dealship is very reasonable I've brought them 5 ISF to have headers installed , others coilovers etc. My F has mods Headers exhaust etc they never gave me hard time getting warranty work done. My F had Valley Plate leak as well at 69,700 miles. They wanted their master tech to work on my car but he was helping another dealership with some issue and then was out for week on vacation. They told me it would be 2 half weeks before they could work on my car. They know my F is my DD and I would go over 70k and take out of warranty, So service mgr said just leave car and they gave me loaner while they waited for master tech to be available. They give you loaner if you get an oil change and cant wait. It also helps that I've purchased 3 Lexus from them over the yrs and personally brought over 8 people to buy Lexus from them.
Old 04-01-17, 02:30 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Go for it ! This issue is getting more and more common and should be covered up to 100k min no questions asked

Quick Reply: Valley Plate Class Action