IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

08 ISF with high mileage

Old 11-16-16, 01:00 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation 08 ISF with high mileage

Any owner has an '08 with more than 100k mileage that has any issue with the car? I'm checking on few cars on the market that has high mileage for a low $20k range. A one owner car would also be great to buy I think. Just want to know any major tune up to consider at 100k mileage ? Let's say if I can drive and keep the car to 200k mileage that would required so many years @ 100-150 miles per weekend use .
Old 11-16-16, 01:07 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-the-isf.html
Old 11-16-16, 01:21 PM
Orboro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is close to hitting 97,000 miles. It's an 08 so the water pump was replaced at some point like most of them as well as the sub and nav unit which I also believe are common, and a window actuator. Otherwise nothing else that I know of has ever gone wrong with it.
Old 11-16-16, 02:15 PM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just hit 105,000 today. Nothing unusual. Subwoofer is crap like the many other ML units and my nav brain doesn't work but I bought it that way so it doesn't bother me.
Old 11-16-16, 02:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,834 Likes on 2,323 Posts

135k on mine. Everything works the way it did when it rolled off the showroom floor the day I bought it. Lexus has only done recall work on mine, so I got a new water pump and a new radiator from them at no charge. The thing I would be looking at on a high mileage car is the condition of the paint and the windshield. Both are highly prone to damage from road debris, and both will look sand blasted over time. I recently got the front of my car resprayed and had the windshield replaced so mine looks new again. The other wear item is the driver's seat bolster on the entry/exit side. Pretty common for those to wear through with some use. I replaced both top and bottom covers on mine. It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth knowing they'll last another 8 years.

Do yourself a big favor and be sure all the undercovers are present and minimally damaged. It is common for the rear air dams in front of the rear wheels to come loose and either fall off or get ingested by the rear tire and ground up into plastic dust. It is also common to have damage on the engine undercover even if the previous owner replaced the front bumper cover after damaging it on a curb. All the undercovers contribute significantly to fuel economy. If they're missing, expect to spend more on gas than you should. Replacing them (if they are all missing or severely damaged) is going to run around $3k.

Everything else is pretty standard used car stuff.
Old 11-16-16, 03:12 PM
dprada01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just described my car Haha. My front bumper and hood have chips all over them, windshield looks like it's been sandblasted, my two rear wheel plastics are missing. Only this to add is a bad motor mount and O2 sensor. All in all I've owned the car from 60-120k and its held up better than any car I've owned. I drive my cars hard but always keep up with maintenance. I blew 2 sets of turbos on my 335i (my last car) , a tranny and a radiator within the first 30k miles (bought it new). So the isf is a champ.

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
135k on mine. Everything works the way it did when it rolled off the showroom floor the day I bought it. Lexus has only done recall work on mine, so I got a new water pump and a new radiator from them at no charge. The thing I would be looking at on a high mileage car is the condition of the paint and the windshield. Both are highly prone to damage from road debris, and both will look sand blasted over time. I recently got the front of my car resprayed and had the windshield replaced so mine looks new again. The other wear item is the driver's seat bolster on the entry/exit side. Pretty common for those to wear through with some use. I replaced both top and bottom covers on mine. It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth knowing they'll last another 8 years.

Do yourself a big favor and be sure all the undercovers are present and minimally damaged. It is common for the rear air dams in front of the rear wheels to come loose and either fall off or get ingested by the rear tire and ground up into plastic dust. It is also common to have damage on the engine undercover even if the previous owner replaced the front bumper cover after damaging it on a curb. All the undercovers contribute significantly to fuel economy. If they're missing, expect to spend more on gas than you should. Replacing them (if they are all missing or severely damaged) is going to run around $3k.

Old 11-16-16, 04:04 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Good to see all of your inputs. It's a one owner car at 100k miles. I hope the previous owner might have already done all of the recalls included water pumps. I can take the car to lexus for a check up. One of the bottom plastic covers at the rear tires on my 350 come off too which caused by tire shop during jacking.

Last edited by ISF350; 11-17-16 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-16-16, 05:51 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

You got your answer: look at the windshield and body for chips...doesn't get more reliable than that for a high-performance car with higher mileage
Old 11-16-16, 08:03 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah find a local lexus dealer that works on F's and get a PPI. they should tell you anything questionable currently (around 150 for a PPI I think)
Old 11-16-16, 08:11 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

143k on mine with around 400 passes at the drag strip as well as daily abuse and I've only replaced the starter. I'm amazing at the punishment these cars can take without breaking a sweat.
Old 11-16-16, 09:01 PM
virulosity
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any advice on procuring the windscreen and seat covers?

Originally Posted by lobuxracer

Old 11-17-16, 10:18 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I just broke 110k on mine. Typical rock chips on the bumper and windshield along with broken tabs in the headlights due to hitting the front bumper on high parking lots. I don't have any other complaints about the car besides that.
Old 11-17-16, 11:31 AM
ISF350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joker4096
I just broke 110k on mine. Typical rock chips on the bumper and windshield along with broken tabs in the headlights due to hitting the front bumper on high parking lots. I don't have any other complaints about the car besides that.
^, At 110k, how is the car power performance compare to the day you got it ? run like new ? Good to hear this b/c it's a Lexus !
Old 11-17-16, 01:19 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 77 Posts

My 2008 has a little over 140k miles... I bought it with 75k miles, commute with it M-F and rack up about 250 miles per week. All I've replaced is brakes, rotors, tires, oil. Runs like a champ and still turns a lot of heads.
Old 11-17-16, 01:25 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF350
^, At 110k, how is the car power performance compare to the day you got it ? run like new ? Good to hear this b/c it's a Lexus !
I bought it used with a little over 90k. I did some performance mods and it just pulls and pulls. I daily drive it and drive hard every chance I get.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 ISF with high mileage