Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

1399$ shipped is a great deal ...Wish there was a review of these on an ISF
Old 04-06-17, 12:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,856 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
Its not all about spring rates with thee greddy x kw but the valving of the strut body itself. If you do try it, please post a review.
Stiff compression valving won't keep the inside rear wheel on the ground when you need it, it will just take a little longer to get to bad. I am thinking 20kg springs up front would be about right for track duty just to keep the rear end on the ground in fast turns. I know for a fact the rear wheel comes off the ground in a couple of turns at CMP because I did the pedal dance to shut off the eLSD and got massive wheel spin bouncing off the rev limiter exiting turn 8. If the car had a clutch I would have thought it was blown the way the engine tached out. So, I know the often called stiff '08 suspension is too soft in the front from the factory. I can't even imagine how bad it would be with the springs GReddy specifies.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 04-06-17 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-06-17, 04:01 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

^^^I think the Greddy spring rates are actually higher than the KW V3's. But even the V3's I've heard aren't really all that track rated for that reason which is kinda sad for how much they cost. Might as well spend less on the HKS.
Old 04-06-17, 07:30 PM
916gs400
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by samjones
1399$ shipped is a great deal ...Wish there was a review of these on an ISF
where can you get them for $1399 shipped at?
Old 04-06-17, 07:42 PM
Jermstn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up going with the KW V3s...I got mine for a song. My dealer was just at the KW facility in Germany and the knowledge he passed on made it a no brainer for me...especially on the busted *** roads of Alberta.

Last edited by Jermstn; 04-06-17 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-07-17, 12:24 AM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 916gs400
where can you get them for $1399 shipped at?
ravspec but speak with Lou/modinjapan, he will give you an even better deal if you post an honest review.

​​​​I'm still debating myself
Old 04-07-17, 09:39 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,856 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
^^^I think the Greddy spring rates are actually higher than the KW V3's. But even the V3's I've heard aren't really all that track rated for that reason which is kinda sad for how much they cost. Might as well spend less on the HKS.
The whole soft front spring problem is why people like the stiffer rear sway bars. It helps band-aid poor spring rate choices.
Old 04-07-17, 10:09 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
See that was my same mindset on the KW, the soft spring rate made for a nice ride. My boy had V3 on his old isf and I rode in it plenty of times it did ride really really nice, but I don't mind a stiffer ride that's why I was considering 16k/12k fig recommended setup. Because on my old IS350 the softer spring rate I regretted it cause that car was slammed, wished I went stiffer spring rates and the ISF is heavier

Plus they're super expensive now haha
Old 04-07-17, 11:06 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Another option if you want higher spring rates.

https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-...isffsu0001.htm
Old 04-07-17, 11:33 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 273 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by samjones
ravspec but speak with Lou/modinjapan, he will give you an even better deal if you post an honest review.

​​​​I'm still debating myself
do it you wont regret it. Not for the price.
The president of greddy drives an IS F and the revised spring rates are better than the old set up according to him.
Mind you guys these are not pure track setup. If you want a higher spring rate, you can always upgrade with swift BUT the valving on these twin tube were designed to work hand in hand with the current spring rates offered at 12kg front and 9kg rear.

If you track the car once a month, there are plenty of other choices like RR RACING, Ohlins, JIC suspension usa.
Old 04-07-17, 12:16 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,370 Likes on 627 Posts

We are actually just introducing our new road & track coilovers for the IS-F... many of the same features as our Penske's but nearly half the price... just start a new product thread in the vendor section:

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following users liked this post:
ModInJapan (04-07-17)
Old 04-02-18, 08:21 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Those with these coilovers what dampening settings are you running?

Throwing mine on this Friday. Looking for a benchmark to set them.
Old 04-02-18, 10:26 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I have the question for Rafi, Lance and mod from Japan, Most of my driving now consist of back road driving Westchester County into New York it was daily driver into pothole City otherwise known as New York City. I'm looking for the correct coilover set up, its NO longer used as DD. This is my current suspension RR Racing LCA, Superpro bushing frt upper ctr arm inner offset kit, front control arm lower bushing, rear trail arm bushing, rear lower control arm and tow arm bushing. FiGS adjustable Tow link arms, figs front adjustable end links. Sikky adjustable sway bar and endlinks. Front sway bars urethane bushing with Bilstein B6 shocks, had swift springs for month they came off right away. Used to do a lot of track day events but an accident at work in 2015 put an end to my track Day event, after having major cervical fusion surgery done Last year half car has not been used much. So KWv3, KWv3 with Greddy springs, Or RR Racing R/T edition. With additional NVH added with current setup which wasn't problem prior to the accident in 2015. I now need coilover setup which would give me controlled, Supple ride not an overly harsh ride. Also have to factor in existing components. My road racing track event days are over for me now. Right now leaning towards KWv3 Thanks for any input guys.
Old 04-03-18, 10:21 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I am literally having my car aligned right now after getting the RR Road and Track coilovers installed by Rafi!

He put the 16/12k option on and based on his test drive and my drive to the alignment shop, they are a great compromise of firmness without harshness. They feel about as firm as my 2011 suspension but are better mannered over bumps and rough roads. I would not call them harsh at all. And, they are quite beautiful coilovers, aluminum construction and very light. So far, I would highly recommend.

Old 04-03-18, 10:22 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Two more:

Quick Reply: Greddy/KW Coils