IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

School me on ISF wipers - where to buy lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-17, 07:43 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by i3urton
and cl doesnt work any more for mylparts.com any other code available?
CL5. CL never worked.
Old 03-23-17, 07:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Joker4096
i replaced my OEM with rain X wipers before i knew about the inserts. i think i still have the OEMs in the garage that i will get new blades for and switch them back out.
I would never swap out the OEM wipers. Everything I see aftermarket looks cheap compared to OEM.

Originally Posted by ultimase
I plan on seeing if I can get the 8mm piaa refills to work on the stock wiper frames.
Why? The OEM rubber is stupid cheap and comes with a graphite coating to make them super slippery. They really are very hard to beat.

**DISCLAIMER** I use PPG Aquapel on my window glass (whole car) so I hardly ever use my wipers in the rain.
Old 03-24-17, 06:04 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I would never swap out the OEM wipers. Everything I see aftermarket looks cheap compared to OEM.

Why? The OEM rubber is stupid cheap and comes with a graphite coating to make them super slippery. They really are very hard to beat.

**DISCLAIMER** I use PPG Aquapel on my window glass (whole car) so I hardly ever use my wipers in the rain.
Yea they do looks cheap and out of place, that's why I'm going to order the correct inserts.
Old 03-24-17, 06:11 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

$9 at the dealership
Old 03-24-17, 06:34 AM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

No real reason other than piaa's are silicon and pretty much last forever. I've had a pair on one of our vehicles now for 7 years and it still works great. It also coats the window with a layer of silicon so the water sheets off, I'm sure it's similar to the aquapel you have where if you're moving at enough speed you really don't need wipers. I'd like to keep the stock wiper frames as they have a spoiler integrated into the frame. It looks like the longer piaa refills are actually 8mm so they can be cut down to fit the stock wiper frames. I don't need them for a bit as the stock wipers are working fine, but will look into them when they start to have some more issues.
Old 03-24-17, 07:38 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Originally Posted by ultimase
No real reason other than piaa's are silicon and pretty much last forever. I've had a pair on one of our vehicles now for 7 years and it still works great. It also coats the window with a layer of silicon so the water sheets off, I'm sure it's similar to the aquapel you have where if you're moving at enough speed you really don't need wipers. I'd like to keep the stock wiper frames as they have a spoiler integrated into the frame. It looks like the longer piaa refills are actually 8mm so they can be cut down to fit the stock wiper frames. I don't need them for a bit as the stock wipers are working fine, but will look into them when they start to have some more issues.
Yea the silicone blades last forever and that's why they don't sell them in stores. You pay a little bit more now to save in the end.
The following users liked this post:
RJMacReady (03-24-23)
Old 07-17-17, 06:36 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

As I was driving through a summertime rainstorm yesterday, my passenger-side wiper blade flew off the car and traffic behind me ran over it. The metal arm is still attached, but the blade that connected to the arm is gone. From what I'm reading, it sounds like you cannot just go to Autozone/Advanced Auto Parts and get a replacement blade. Is this true? The arm looks like a standard hook type I've seen on lots of other cars...
Old 07-17-17, 06:38 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Originally Posted by DDLexus
As I was driving through a summertime rainstorm yesterday, my passenger-side wiper blade flew off the car and traffic behind me ran over it. The metal arm is still attached, but the blade that connected to the arm is gone. From what I'm reading, it sounds like you cannot just go to Autozone/Advanced Auto Parts and get a replacement blade. Is this true? The arm looks like a standard hook type I've seen on lots of other cars...
you can buy an aftermarket wider blade assembly for now from the autoparts store. It won't look as good as the OEM but they do work.
The following users liked this post:
DDLexus (07-17-17)
Old 07-18-17, 07:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Joker4096
you can buy an aftermarket wider blade assembly for now from the autoparts store. It won't look as good as the OEM but they do work.
To me the aftermarket looks hideously cheap. Like I bought a Corolla. Nothing wrong with a Corolla, I owned one from '88 to '92, but this car doesn't deserve cheap looking wipers. Right Jerry?
Old 07-18-17, 07:41 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

To me the aftermarket looks hideously cheap. Like I bought a Corolla. Nothing wrong with a Corolla, I owned one from '88 to '92, but this car doesn't deserve cheap looking wipers. Right Jerry?
This is true. It doesn't look as good as OEM in the slightest. I just mentioned it if he was in a pinch.
Old 07-20-17, 08:28 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Running "Goodyear" wipers from Costco right now. I kept my OEM blades, one day I will order some new refill inserts and rebuild them, when I have a bigger order to make from an online dealer.
Old 07-20-17, 09:52 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
Running "Goodyear" wipers from Costco right now. I kept my OEM blades, one day I will order some new refill inserts and rebuild them, when I have a bigger order to make from an online dealer.
I have a friend that works at Lexus here. He's getting me the refills with his discount.
Old 07-22-17, 02:45 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rubber insert from Toyota same part number as many other cars. 18 dollars but rather keep my oem wipers
Old 07-22-17, 05:42 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wait a second... so you can just replace the blades themselves and not the whole arm?! I've been doing it wrong this entire time...
Old 07-23-17, 12:40 PM
Joker4096
Instructor

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Wait a second... so you can just replace the blades themselves and not the whole arm?! I've been doing it wrong this entire time...
Yes, I actually just picked up a new set of inserts yesterday lol.

Last edited by Joker4096; 07-23-17 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: School me on ISF wipers - where to buy lexus