ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Full Bolt ons Reliability (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/838887-full-bolt-ons-reliability.html)

Vossen 11-07-16 04:22 PM

Full Bolt ons Reliability

How is the reliability of the F affected after I/H/E and a tune? For example, Sikky headers, JoeZ exhaust and intake.

Vervish 11-07-16 05:01 PM

Bolt ons will not change reliability. The tune is the only new variable to that equation - it has not been around a long time. But extensive data logging and road and track testing have proved it pretty reliable so far.

I think when you add nitrous or forced induction the reliability might suffer because of the much higher HP levels.

Alizia 11-07-16 05:16 PM

They should in theory make the car more reliable due to better air flow. The reason being is that less heat will be trapped in the engine compartment.

MWIS350 11-07-16 06:51 PM

You can blow the motor. Just kidding bolt on will not affect reliability ISF engine is bullet proof.

fstpassat 11-08-16 04:48 AM

I have had headers and exhaust for 40k miles. Not a single problem.

ISF5L 11-09-16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Vossen (Post 9673630)
How is the reliability of the F affected after I/H/E and a tune? For example, Sikky headers, JoeZ exhaust and intake.

There will always be the odd on here and there but i think overwhelmingly they are bullet proof hence why we all bought the ISF's. Not just for the street but many with those mods have tracked their car, did numerous launches etc and driven them home no issue.

Its a gem of an engine, ive gone done the bolt on mods with custom tune too and feel more confident all the air fuel ratios etc are good.

Only thing that becomes less reliable is the life span of your tyres due to less traction and more HP lol.

Ps You cant buy an ISF and keep it silent, its a great sounding car with a exhaust setup especially on the downshifts :-)

joshthorsc 11-09-16 11:38 PM

I haven't heard of any bolt-ons harming any naturally aspirated cars unless there was a defect in the product. Howver, on my old Mazdaspeed3 you can blow up your motor with just an intake and exhaust combo. The high pressure fuel pump had to be upgraded cause the stock one could not keep up with additional bolt ons. at most you can get away with either an intake or cat-back exhaust but not both.

SikkyMFG 11-10-16 08:35 AM

Reliability shouldn't be effected as long as you buy quality parts. As it's been said the tune would be the only concerning factor, but working with a reputable company that usually will not be an issue.

BLKLBL 11-10-16 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by kitabel (Post 9676051)
Referring to any automotive component (engine, transmission, differential) as "bullet proof" is one of the most flagrant.

..and MWIS350 doesn't even own an ISF.