IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-16, 09:09 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jz39
You're off to a good start!

At the last meet in Rockville, ISFDave told me the funniest story about his 08 suspension that still makes me laugh to this day: he said one day he was driving and hit a raised expansion joint on the highway and the shock was so bad that it bounced him out of his seat and slammed his head into the roof!! LOL! Talk about a stiff suspension! Crazy.
Haha believe me that happened daily to me in Baltimore, though I am too short to hit the ceiling every time lol. It's crazy stiff :/ I was at the Rockville Mega meet but didn't have the F at that time. Looking forward to attending more local meets for sure.
Old 12-14-16, 09:29 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

The car looks great.. congrats. I'm digging the center vinyl wrap on the front bumper. Please post some more pics from various angles when you get a chance.

-Mike
Old 12-14-16, 09:45 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikersoft
The car looks great.. congrats. I'm digging the center vinyl wrap on the front bumper. Please post some more pics from various angles when you get a chance.

-Mike
Thanks! I had a local vinyl buddy of mine do it. Still need to add some black trim towards the bottom but it's a bit cold now. Would love to run it without a plate, but I like getting no tickets more.
Attached Thumbnails New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-img_6561.jpg   New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-img_6563.jpg   New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-img_6573.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
mikersoft (12-15-16)
Old 12-14-16, 09:49 AM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check your PM
The following users liked this post:
LexusfanVA (12-14-16)
Old 12-14-16, 01:21 PM
Fuzzyoner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Couple updates since I bought it about a month and a half ago/3k miles later:

- Put on a JoeZ intake along with a Tom's filter. Couldn't really tell much of a difference, maybe a little louder but several threads on here have me convinced the mild HP bump is worth it, and it adds some color to the engine bay.
-Vinyl wrapped the front bumper trim, grill, and roof in gloss black. Updates the car a bit to the newer F styling.
-Installed Bayson R lip off ebay, pretty happy with the fitment and look. Came in a satin black color which is nice as I don't have to paint it though I may in future.
-Installed Borla catback exhaust. Sounded fantastic at startup though a little loud while driving with windows down, I am sure it will settle a bit once I put some miles on it. Sadly have only put maybe a mile on it so far as I installed wheels at the same time and hub rings that came with them were incorrect.
-Updated all interior lights to LED
-Found a used Blackberry Gateway bluetooth streaming device that allows music to stream though I still have to control it through the phone. Nice to just get in and go though.
- Updated parking lights to LED. Definitely updated the look a bit as at night the blue/yellow combo really dated the car for me. Beyond a pain in the @ss to change two simple light bulbs.
(I'd still like to upgrade the headlights themselves to a modded look or the 11 or better yet the 13+, but $1300+ for used lights seems pricey to me for now. Also looking into upgrading the headlight and fog light bulbs. Not looking for a blue look, really just want to improve night time vision. Compared to my dad's 300C and my old G37 the HID's in the F seem pretty weak tbh and the fogs don't help much either.
-Installed some Weds Sports SA-15R. 19x9.5 35 and 19x10.5 45 in BLC(blue light chrome). Really love the black chrome finish and the blue trim adds a bit of color until I can paint the Brembo's. Always nice to go wider and lighter, though they are a tight fit. Really sets the car off and looks aggressive as the stock wheels are so tucked in. Nothing but compliments so far.
-Installing some BC Racing coilovers with 14/10 Swift springs. Going to try 10F/15R from full hard. Main goal is to drop front nearly an inch and improve the terrible 08 ride comfort. Pictures below are on stock suspension*
-Purchased a non-CF diffuser, tom's replica off ebay. Painting it gloss black and will install in the coming weeks. Not a fan of CF unless it's on a race car and prefer the black look tbh.

Overall really growing to like the car, not many know what it is and I've yet to see anyone in my commute or travels with one around Baltimore/DC. Acceleration seems effortless and the growl in the morning makes me smile every time. Sadly I haven't driven it in the past two weeks as my hub rings, wheels, and TPMS all seem to have either been delayed or shipped incorrectly. Excited to get it back Friday though! Just in time for the snow storm :/

Thank you all to the warm welcome and to the depth of information on the CL forum!
The car looks great!
What tire sizes and brand did you go with?

Post pics of the diffuser when you install it.
Old 12-14-16, 01:39 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

I went with 245/40 and 275/35. May end up going to a 235/40 or 35 sidewall as it rubs a bit near full lock in front. Love the meaty look, but won't keep it if it affects the drivability too much. Will do, thanks!
Old 12-14-16, 02:41 PM
Fuzzyoner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the meaty looks good, the rubbing will definitely get worse when you lower it so the 35 series should help with that
What brand tires did you end up going with?
Old 12-14-16, 05:25 PM
GX470Ken
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome to the "F"amily. Nice ride as I also own a MM 2008. I live in the Laurel area of Md. and have a couple relatives close by who each own an F. Soon, we will all be parking them for good for the winter but maybe we can all get together next Spring for a meet and greet with a few other locals? Enjoy the new toy!
Old 12-15-16, 07:29 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fuzzyoner
Yeah the meaty looks good, the rubbing will definitely get worse when you lower it so the 35 series should help with that
What brand tires did you end up going with?
BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S. It's a pretty nice all season compared to the general AS/03 I'm used to running and even better than my conti dws stocks IMO. Ready for the few winter storms we'll have

Thanks ISFKEN, I'm not too far from you near BWI myself, and work in Baltimore.
Old 01-30-17, 10:54 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Just a quick update. Had a local shop paint the calipers and diffuser. Hopefully couple more things before show season and then a nice shoot. Sadly too cold around here for the tracks so far, but excited to see what the drag/autox performance is!

Name:  IMG_0731%201_zpsrhujjnac.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  377.0 KB
Attached Thumbnails New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-16389224_10210483447595586_345867111_o.jpg   New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-img_0732-1.jpg  
Old 01-30-17, 04:20 PM
Richy21
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Loving the Weds w/ the powder coated yellow is perfect!! I'm in NoVA if your ever this way shoot me a message! Can grab a burger and talk future mods!!
Old 01-31-17, 07:42 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by Richy21
Loving the Weds w/ the powder coated yellow is perfect!! I'm in NoVA if your ever this way shoot me a message! Can grab a burger and talk future mods!!
Thanks! Sounds good. I am in Woodbridge and Tyson's Corner often, usually go there for the NGC meet on Monday's. But rest of the time I am around Baltimore near BWI.
Old 01-31-17, 06:23 PM
Richy21
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Thanks! Sounds good. I am in Woodbridge and Tyson's Corner often, usually go there for the NGC meet on Monday's. But rest of the time I am around Baltimore near BWI.
Oh wow your like 20ish from me. I'm in Gainesville area
Old 03-01-17, 06:44 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Just a quick update as my friend took some shots a few weeks ago. Still have a duckbill trunk and some light mods to add, it never stops! lol.

Name:  32364111653_2417e1db47_o%201_zpselzjkn3t.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  406.5 KB

Name:  32364110743_0f2955f6a4_o%201_zpsgzmmgktv.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  272.8 KB

Name:  32364112103_4325e57bdb_o%201_zpsnwxwuekh.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  333.8 KB
Old 04-14-17, 07:16 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Just to keep it in one thread, some updated shots
Added overlays, smoked SpecD tails, and dipped rear emblem
Attached Thumbnails New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-full-size-3.jpg   New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-fullsizerender7.jpg   New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)-img_2174.jpg  

Quick Reply: New ISF owner in VA/MD area. Couple noob questions :)