IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone owned an ISF and GSF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-16, 07:54 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone owned an ISF and GSF?

Just wanted opinions on people that have owned or do own both.
Old 10-25-16, 08:06 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin061
Just wanted opinions on people that have owned or do own both.
I also own a isf but my friend owns both what would you like to know ?
Old 10-25-16, 09:34 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Funny, the last few days I've been meaning to start a thread seeing if anyone has owned, or owns, an ISF, RCF, and GSF, lol.
I'm coming up on a year of ownership of my ISF and I've loved every second of it. I test drove a GSF this summer and couldn't justify the coin they were asking.... wasn't getting anything over my ISF but more backseat and trunk room (neither of which I need) and newer tech/updated interior(not worth $30-$40k more). GSF honestly felt heavier and slightly slower than my '12 ISF. Exhaust note is definitely louder on the GSF stock over the IS-F stock... noticeable difference. Nice car....if I was in the market for more space, more luxury, and more tech, I'd be comfortable paying up to $70k for the GSF.... $85k+, no way.

V.
Old 10-25-16, 09:55 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Scott610
I also own a isf but my friend owns both what would you like to know ?
What his or her opinion is of the two cars. Driving experience, which could include everything from transmission operation to engine performance, braking etc. I do realize they share common traits. Which one they like more. So on so forth.
Old 10-25-16, 09:58 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Funny, the last few days I've been meaning to start a thread seeing if anyone has owned, or owns, an ISF, RCF, and GSF, lol.
I'm coming up on a year of ownership of my ISF and I've loved every second of it. I test drove a GSF this summer and couldn't justify the coin they were asking.... wasn't getting anything over my ISF but more backseat and trunk room (neither of which I need) and newer tech/updated interior(not worth $30-$40k more). GSF honestly felt heavier and slightly slower than my '12 ISF. Exhaust note is definitely louder on the GSF stock over the IS-F stock... noticeable difference. Nice car....if I was in the market for more space, more luxury, and more tech, I'd be comfortable paying up to $70k for the GSF.... $85k+, no way
GSF's are now coming in under 70k. But yes that is what I was kind of looking for. Is it justified spending that much more over a GSF rather than a lower mileage ISF. It may seem the car is not that much better to justify the price. Thanks for the input. Wonder when the new engine models are coming out.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 10-27-16 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-25-16, 10:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,282 Posts

There's at least two people. BigMikeISF and lobuxracer. Do a Search and you'll find their posts.

Lou
Old 10-26-16, 08:21 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I have/had both too. Traded the ISF for the GSF in September.

What specifically do you want to know? I will tell you for a mid-$60K car, the GSF beats the ISF hands down! At $80K+, ISF all the way!

You really need to spend several hours in the GSF to get the real feel of the car but at a very high-level, in my opinion the ISF is more raw, more simple and has a sportier and more connected drivers feel. The GSF is certainly more sophisticated with all the newer technologies (interior is not even comparable) and definitely has a very good one-of-a-kind (for Lexus) feel but I personally do not feel quite as connected when driving it firm. That said, do not let what I said sway you because the GSF is extremely well-planted and connected to the road, just very different from the ISF.

I do not drive my dd's on the track (I have a track toy) but I would feel very comfortable throwing the ISF around on a road course but I cannot see myself doing it in the GSF. So for those that are into tracking your dd, I would run with the ISF.
Old 10-26-16, 08:22 AM
jdubbsISF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own an ISF and have driven an RCF for a day. Interior upgrades are substantial, whole new level. Driving experience is similar but much more refined. I prefer my raw ISF feeling. Not sure which one 'feels' faster, the difference is pretty minimal. All the different driving modes are really cool as they actually make a difference. The stock exhaust is definitely louder but it also helps that the GSF has active sound control pumping in exhaust sound through the rear speakers. You can turn it on or off, but it's really nice leaving it on. All the other gadgets like lane assist and adaptive cruise make it feel like a Tesla, practically drives itself on the damn highway. It even turns the wheel for you to stay in the lanes! I could see a GSF in my future for sure in a few years.
Old 10-26-16, 05:32 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the risk of another warning, just going to say LOL, here we go again...
Old 10-26-16, 06:34 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so is it meant to find out if ISF is the best deal of the century for today price ?
Old 10-26-16, 06:41 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by USBM2011
At the risk of another warning, just going to say LOL, here we go again...

Yup here we go again. If it is an issue, then ignore it. I appreciate those that give their opinions and they don't seem to mind.
Old 10-26-16, 06:42 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by ISF350
so is it meant to find out if ISF is the best deal of the century for today price ?
Might be. I sure seem to think it is all that.
Old 10-26-16, 06:54 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by mr2dave
I have/had both too. Traded the ISF for the GSF in September.

What specifically do you want to know? I will tell you for a mid-$60K car, the GSF beats the ISF hands down! At $80K+, ISF all the way!

You really need to spend several hours in the GSF to get the real feel of the car but at a very high-level, in my opinion the ISF is more raw, more simple and has a sportier and more connected drivers feel. The GSF is certainly more sophisticated with all the newer technologies (interior is not even comparable) and definitely has a very good one-of-a-kind (for Lexus) feel but I personally do not feel quite as connected when driving it firm. That said, do not let what I said sway you because the GSF is extremely well-planted and connected to the road, just very different from the ISF.

I do not drive my dd's on the track (I have a track toy) but I would feel very comfortable throwing the ISF around on a road course but I cannot see myself doing it in the GSF. So for those that are into tracking your dd, I would run with the ISF.

I would hope the GSF made some substantial improvements. I am under the quise that every new car that comes out, should be better than the previous model considering years of technology. So let me ask this. Going back in time. 2008-2014 you are saying the GSF is more worth a 60k tag than the ISF? But the question not just to you, but to everyone who makes a modest income. Are you better off spending 30k or so on an ISF than 60 on a 1 year old GSF? I suppose it depends on what you want in a car? Wait 4 years and GSF'a will probably be in the high 30's. I always like the debate. I guess having owned some fast luxury cars in the time. The raw feel complimented with a great finish is more my stryle than a luxurious/sports car.
Old 10-26-16, 09:31 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

This is a debate based on personal preferences...si there with never be a 'rught' or 'wrong' answer as it's all personal opinion.
I've given my opinion already in this thread already but I'll also add this...when the IS-F was new, it was $60k-$65k tops, options dependant. It was WELL worth that...if i had the money at the time of an '11-'14 when they were new, I would have indeed bought it. If I remember correctly, there were NO incentives with this car...maybe $1k off here or there. With the small amounts manufacturered, they had no problem selling.
Now in the the GSF....yes it has more tech, but so does every '16 model car out now. Also, they are NO DOUBT ABOUT IT having problems selling....the same 5 are sitting on the lot at my local dealer that have been there since the summer (all with a $90k+ sticker in the window...)
These dealers have no choice but to offer $15k -$20k odd the sticker price to get it to move. Think about if the IS-F had $15-$20k off the sticker price... people may have bought 2 ISFs, lol.
Main point is, the GSF needs help selling as it has nothing but new tech on its side, more roomy inside upfront and much more leg room in the rear, along with more room in the trunk, also the lane assist was pretty cool and my favorite, the HUD (heads up display) showing your speed, the speed limit on the current road you're on, etc. Very cool stuff.
I have nothing bad to say about the GSF. I just felt like it felt heavier than the IS-F (I'm quite sure it it is) and feel like it's wayyyy over priced sticker wise. Of course we ha e guys getting them around the high $60k's si a bit more reasonable, but all day everyday I'd do a '12-'14 IS-F for $35-$45k before I bought the GSF at $65k.

V.
Old 10-27-16, 05:50 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
There's at least two people. BigMikeISF and lobuxracer. Do a Search and you'll find their posts.

Lou
IsfClyde also made the jump. The car is outstanding.

OP, you'll probably get some fair feedback in the GS F section, as well.

Quick Reply: Anyone owned an ISF and GSF?