IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What A Deal

Old 10-08-16, 10:02 AM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
I don't mind these threads one bit. I like to see new threads pop up. I get bored just looking at new responses to 8 page long threads.
It's all good. I am going to be buying my second ISF soon and just don't want people to get the wrong idea that these cars are priced this high and need to pay that.
Old 10-08-16, 04:50 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by martin0617
It is to make people aware not to pay this type of peice for this car. Here is the deal. And I will educate you about prices of cars for the people that think ISF's should garner a premium. When people aren't buying these cars when they are priced reasonably, then you WILL NEVER get this type of premium amount. All is said and done and you are paying $34k or more for an amost 9 year old car with $100,000? Go ahead and buy it if you think it is a great deal. But no reason to knock my thread trying to inform people or simply trying to figure out where they are getting these priced from. Yes I posted 2 threads lately. That I don't think is an overabundance. Thanks for your opinion but I have every right to post this.
thanks for the education and I'm sorry you feel that I was knocking your thread. Carry on
Old 10-08-16, 10:05 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is to make people aware not to pay this type of peice for this car. Here is the deal. And I will educate you about prices of cars for the people that think ISF's should garner a premium. When people aren't buying these cars when they are priced reaso nably, then you WILL NEVER get this type of premium amount. All is said and done and you are paying $34k or more for an amost 9 year old car with $100,000? Go ahead and buy it if you think it is a great deal. But no reason to knock my thread trying to inform people or simply trying to figure out where they are getting these priced from. Yes I posted 2 threads lately. That I don't think is an overabundance. Thanks for your opinion but I have every right to post this.

Just out of curiosity, was the title of the post sarcasm then? Lol. Some of your comments and the title seem to be confusing and contradictory, but I could be reading it wrong

Also, what makes you the authority on what car dealers should sell their cars for?

Just like I replied to your other thread bashing another iSF for being over priced last week, there are reasons dealers list cars for the price they do it's not ***** nilly and pulled out of their ***.

At a certain point it's time to accept it and move on. It seems like your almost talking yourself out of buying a new ISF, and probably missing out on a lot of good cars with the thought process you have.

To say an ISF shouldn't garner a premium is crazy. They are low production, rare, enthusiast cars. They'll always demand a premium in the market. The same formula used to price everyday run of the mill production cars doesn't work. Just on pure supply and demand. If you don't pay the price some one will, eventually. As these cars slowly but surely become more and more rare with age, wrecked cars, ect, the price will go up. Your starting to see that now with in the last year or 2. Of course there will always be someone needing cash or needing to dump their car for less than it's worth, but that's few and far between.

yes you, have every right to post, and people have every right to reply and disagree with your logic and reasoning and tell you you're wrong

my question to you is, based on your comments there is cars readily available for much cheaper, that are nicer cars, and telling people to be vigilant and wait to find the right deal... why would you say to wait to find a "good" deal on one hand. But then on the other say there is better deals out there? Obviously there isn't much better deals or I'm sure you would have bought one by now?

im sure at one point a long time ago you could buy a clean 98 turbo Supra for cheap, but that's definitely not the case anymore, not even close to that now, same with integra type r. Values change, they can go down or UP, and in the current market conditions they're starting to go up. So it may be bad advice to tell people to wait and this is a bad deal, because it could be a great deal 6-12 months from now and people could be kicking themselves for not paying 30k, you just never know but it's safe to say the value of ISFs aren't dropping anytime soon ...

Last edited by USBM2011; 10-08-16 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-08-16, 10:10 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by socal3
Damn I'm about to sell mine 08 with 68,000 for 26,000.
ya that's a good deal.... if you have the patience and ability to wait, I'd wait for someone to pay more, if you gotta do what you gotta do, that's understandable. But if it's clean and a nice car that's a great deal for someone...
Old 10-09-16, 05:48 AM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by USBM2011
Just out of curiosity, was the title of the post sarcasm then? Lol. Some of your comments and the title seem to be confusing and contradictory, but I could be reading it wrong

Also, what makes you the authority on what car dealers should sell their cars for?

Just like I replied to your other thread bashing another iSF for being over priced last week, there are reasons dealers list cars for the price they do it's not ***** nilly and pulled out of their ***.

At a certain point it's time to accept it and move on. It seems like your almost talking yourself out of buying a new ISF, and probably missing out on a lot of good cars with the thought process you have.

To say an ISF shouldn't garner a premium is crazy. They are low production, rare, enthusiast cars. They'll always demand a premium in the market. The same formula used to price everyday run of the mill production cars doesn't work. Just on pure supply and demand. If you don't pay the price some one will, eventually. As these cars slowly but surely become more and more rare with age, wrecked cars, ect, the price will go up. Your starting to see that now with in the last year or 2. Of course there will always be someone needing cash or needing to dump their car for less than it's worth, but that's few and far between.

yes you, have every right to post, and people have every right to reply and disagree with your logic and reasoning and tell you you're wrong

my question to you is, based on your comments there is cars readily available for much cheaper, that are nicer cars, and telling people to be vigilant and wait to find the right deal... why would you say to wait to find a "good" deal on one hand. But then on the other say there is better deals out there? Obviously there isn't much better deals or I'm sure you would have bought one by now?

im sure at one point a long time ago you could buy a clean 98 turbo Supra for cheap, but that's definitely not the case anymore, not even close to that now, same with integra type r. Values change, they can go down or UP, and in the current market conditions they're starting to go up. So it may be bad advice to tell people to wait and this is a bad deal, because it could be a great deal 6-12 months from now and people could be kicking themselves for not paying 30k, you just never know but it's safe to say the value of ISFs aren't dropping anytime soon ...

Yes I am being sarcastic. But as of a week and a half ago this one hasn't sold. How much is this car with less than half the miles of the OP and how much cheaper? And to say they aren't out there this is from our own page lmao. I will buy one, as I did earlier this year and pay it off in full. Waiting on a few things to blow over as I had to sink some unexpected money into my place. I can post a bunch more like this if you wish.

Less miles than 100k and a lot less money. They exist oh and this one was for sale here.
Old 10-09-16, 05:52 AM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by USBM2011

Price frop of $6500 overnight hey. I guess I am the authority on what. Dealership should sell it for. I wonder why he dropped the price of this car if a lot of you wanted to bash me saying $30,500 was to high. You all that cry got ripped off is why.
Old 10-09-16, 08:16 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Price frop of $6500 overnight hey. I guess I am the authority on what. Dealership should sell it for. I wonder why he dropped the price of this car if a lot of you wanted to bash me saying $30,500 was to high. You all that cry got ripped off is why.
No, you're not the authority on anything. I have no idea why you're so pissed about pricing on cars you won't buy but these threads are getting old, just stop posting until you find another. Calling us idiots and saying were crying when we don't agree with you in every thread isn't doing you any good.
Old 10-09-16, 09:17 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by nks979
No, you're not the authority on anything. I have no idea why you're so pissed about pricing on cars you won't buy but these threads are getting old, just stop posting until you find another. Calling us idiots and saying were crying when we don't agree with you in every thread isn't doing you any good.

...LOL be careful....
Old 10-09-16, 09:31 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can afford it and you want it, buy it, haggle them if you have too. If not, then move on, these topics are useless.
Old 10-11-16, 12:08 PM
xSumDumGuy
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you the same guy that was posting in other threads a while back about pricing on the ISF being too high and that you may just wait a few months then buy an RC-F for cheap? I don't recall the user name off the top of my head and i'm too lazy to look up the prior posts right now. I'm finding some striking similarities with the way you communicate to everyone and the way you speak of the pricing. At any rate, anyone can post their car for what they want. If I wanted to post mine for $100k there's nothing to stop me and no one is going to buy it. Plain and simple.

If the price someone is asking is too high (or outrageous) then move along or ask them if they'll take a different amount that you feel is acceptable. If you find a good deal then snag it up if you're interested. Just flat out saying "paying X amount for a Y year old vehicle is crazy" doesn't make sense as there have been other examples of older vehicles (not talking collector cars) selling for a good amount still. Supras are a good example. The ISF is a low volume vehicle so it's going to impact the pricing should the demand go up.
Old 10-11-16, 05:27 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by xSumDumGuy
Are you the same guy that was posting in other threads a while back about pricing on the ISF being too high and that you may just wait a few months then buy an RC-F for cheap? I don't recall the user name off the top of my head and i'm too lazy to look up the prior posts right now. I'm finding some striking similarities with the way you communicate to everyone and the way you speak of the pricing. At any rate, anyone can post their car for what they want. If I wanted to post mine for $100k there's nothing to stop me and no one is going to buy it. Plain and simple.

If the price someone is asking is too high (or outrageous) then move along or ask them if they'll take a different amount that you feel is acceptable. If you find a good deal then snag it up if you're interested. Just flat out saying "paying X amount for a Y year old vehicle is crazy" doesn't make sense as there have been other examples of older vehicles (not talking collector cars) selling for a good amount still. Supras are a good example. The ISF is a low volume vehicle so it's going to impact the pricing should the demand go up.
I believe you are thinking about the poster "Japonesv8" who hasn't posted since the end of may, but I agree that everything seems oddly similar. Right even down to posting the screenshots off their phone. I wonder how the GTR crowd would react if I dropped by their forum to tell them all that they overpaid and their car is really only worth 40k and they should sell me one for that price because I said so?
Old 10-11-16, 06:40 PM
svtec
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nks979
cmon man, you should know op's type!
Old 10-11-16, 06:56 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,834 Likes on 2,323 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
I believe you are thinking about the poster "Japonesv8" who hasn't posted since the end of may, but I agree that everything seems oddly similar. Right even down to posting the screenshots off their phone. I wonder how the GTR crowd would react if I dropped by their forum to tell them all that they overpaid and their car is really only worth 40k and they should sell me one for that price because I said so?
This assertion is baseless. They are not the same person. While I don't disagree these threads have taken more of the moderating team's time than we would like, everyone is allowed an opinion. Please exercise the ignore feature if you find someone's posts/threads annoying.
Old 10-11-16, 06:57 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I saw 08s in very low $20s with around 100k miles around me. Higher miles are hard to sell too
Old 10-16-16, 06:25 AM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Local Lexus dealer juat got '10 with 30k miles for $36k. This is the same dealer that couldn't sell '12 with 50k miles for $35k (over a year ago). Dealer markup on that 2010 is most likely $5-6k

​​​​​​

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What A Deal