IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is this the correct A/F sensor..........

Old 10-03-16, 01:23 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts
Default Is this the correct A/F sensor..........

Just went FBO and I contemplated just buying new A/F sensors when doing the header install but then didn't have time to order them so I removed the old ones and reused them in the PPE headers.

Anyhow last night got a CEL and I pulled the code in Techstream of P2241 "Oxygen Sensor Pumping Current Circuit Low (for A/F sensor) (Bank 2 Sensor 1)"
So I'm thinking that one of them went bad? Maybe because the WD-40 sprayed on got onto the sensor and fouled it out, or it was just time for them to be replaced anyway?

So I found these on RockAuto here: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/l...2)+sensor,5132
It's the Denso upstream listing at $109.79 correct? Is this the right one I need or the equivalent of the OEM one at the dealership?? The price isn't too bad for both sensors since I would order both and replace as a pair.

What do you guys think??

Thx
Old 10-03-16, 07:08 PM
minator
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think that's the one I used. No issues with it so far in about a year...
Old 10-03-16, 08:05 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

^^^^^^^^^^^Cool, did you replace both when you did your headers?
Old 10-03-16, 08:32 PM
cajunlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked the Ohm resistance across the black wires on the O2sensors you feel are bad ?
Old 10-03-16, 08:49 PM
cajunlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are the ones I ordered..I ordered mine from Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Just went FBO and I contemplated just buying new A/F sensors when doing the header install but then didn't have time to order them so I removed the old ones and reused them in the PPE headers.

Anyhow last night got a CEL and I pulled the code in Techstream of P2241 "Oxygen Sensor Pumping Current Circuit Low (for A/F sensor) (Bank 2 Sensor 1)"
So I'm thinking that one of them went bad? Maybe because the WD-40 sprayed on got onto the sensor and fouled it out, or it was just time for them to be replaced anyway?

So I found these on RockAuto here: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/l...2)+sensor,5132
It's the Denso upstream listing at $109.79 correct? Is this the right one I need or the equivalent of the OEM one at the dealership?? The price isn't too bad for both sensors since I would order both and replace as a pair.

What do you guys think??

Thx
Old 10-04-16, 09:42 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Bank 2 Sensor 1 is the upstream sensor on the passenger side, correct? I think the $109 price is for each. I bought the same sensor for my replacement, but haven't done it yet.
I'm needing to replace mine too due to code P0051 (HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 2, Sensor 1). Similar to your thought, I think this is due to the sensor being damaged during my header install (5 months and k miles ago). My car is a 2012 with 39k miles.
Old 10-04-16, 11:58 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Yea, I think it's from the install of the headers a week and a half ago as well, it's no coincidence that I have this CEL so soon after the install of the PPE headers

Yea it's $109 for each sensor, which I'm going to replace both at the same time, better safe than having the other one go out a couple weeks later down the road
Old 10-04-16, 12:05 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Yea, I think it's from the install of the headers a week and a half ago as well, it's no coincidence that I have this CEL so soon after the install of the PPE headers

Yea it's $109 for each sensor, which I'm going to replace both at the same time, better safe than having the other one go out a couple weeks later down the road
I think that might be the one Josh dropped.
Old 10-04-16, 12:26 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

if it's not too much trouble, can you do a DIY when you replace this?
Old 10-04-16, 02:19 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Just ordered them from Amazon because I could get them by the end of this week at the latest and I wanted to install them this weekend.

Yea I can take some photos when I do them and provide a step by step, but remember I have PPE headers so it'll look a bit different obviously then the stock manifolds. Never done a DIY so I'll do my best.
Old 10-14-16, 01:54 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

MileHIFcar,
Did you replace these sensors yet? Whats the level of difficulty (1-10)?
Old 10-14-16, 02:29 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

I did and I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I didn't take pics because time wouldn't allow because I was renting a lift and I went over my time.

Anyhow it's pretty straight forward with an O2 sensor tool attachment to make it easier to get around the wires. The problem I had was releasing the clip from the O2 extension that came with the PPE headers. It was extremely tight to unhinge and we eventually busted off the black plastic tab portion that held in the A/F sensor to that extension

So what we did was rig 3 zip ties together to loop around the extension connection and through the 4 wires in the sensor to artificially create a binding method to hold the sensor in place or else it would just fall out!

After about 2 hours we completed everything and no more CEL and the car runs good! Just a learning experience on those tabs for sure!

If you are taking them out of the stock manifolds it should be easier, but just be careful with the plastic tab release point and not to put too much pressure on it because it can be brittle with the heat and snap off like mine did possibly. Other than that it should take you no more than 45 min tops and perhaps even less.

So level of difficulty with the O2 tool I would say is 3-4..........shouldn't be too bad, if you have time spray some PB blaster/WD-40 on them before hand let it sit for about 5-10 min and if possible do it when the car is cool as the threads should not be expanded when cool.
Old 10-14-16, 02:39 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

^^ Awesome, thanks for the info! I don't have the time to tackle this (lack of easy access to lift) so i will have the shop that installed my PPE/Borla do it. With this info, i cab gauge the time it should take them.
Old 10-14-16, 07:18 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

ok, got my issue resolved. Ended up being an issue with the PPE O2 extension.
Old 10-14-16, 08:24 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Really?? What was wrong with the extension?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this the correct A/F sensor..........